Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 07:06 PM

76 posts, read 85,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by incognitoe View Post
First of all, there are Hundreds of different Jews living in Israel. 50%+ of them are Arab Jews (Mizrahi).
Are you some offended Palestinian activist living in Little Gaza (Anaheim) or something? You've really swallowed the anti Jewish canards hook, line, and sinker.

The term "Arab Jews" was used during the First World War by Jews of Middle Eastern origin living in western countries, to support their case that they were not Turks and should not be treated as enemy aliens.[8][better source needed] Today the term is sometimes used by newspapers and official bodies in some countries, to express the belief that Jewish identity is a matter of religion rather than ethnicity or nationality. Most Jews disagree with this, do not use the term and, where it appears to them to be calculated to deny the existence of a distinct Jewish identity in favour of reducing the Jewish diaspora to a religious entity, even consider it offensive.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Jews

Quote:
The rest are European Jews and Ethiopian Jews. Along with a very small percentage of non Arab Christians.

And yes, Semitism revers to a specific people from the Middle East who speak the Semetic language such as Arabic and Hebrew.

Not a specific Religion.
Quote:
Most of the Anti-Semitism here in America are by White Americans against both Judaism and Islam. Mostly Islam.
Do you see the discrepancy here? Seriously you are so confused and hypocritical it is actually amusing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2015, 07:15 PM

35,070 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
First of all, there are Hundreds of different Jews living in Israel. 50%+ of them are Arab Jews (Mizrahi). The rest are European Jews and Ethiopian Jews. Along with a very small percentage of non Arab Christians.

And yes, Semitism revers to a specific people from the Middle East who speak the Semetic language such as Arabic and Hebrew.

Not a specific Religion.
You are either deliberately uninformed or willfully ignorant. For starters, Arab Jews are usually Sephardic. I know a few Mizrahi Jews. The ones I know are Greek. And Israel has 6,000,000 Jews, quite a bit more than "hundreds." Another attempt to delegitimize Israel?

You also omitted that Israel has a significant Muslim population, that lives in peace and is unmolested except when they attack. I would assume that omission is deliberate since it doesn't fit your hateful narrative of Israel being an apartheid state.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:22 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapRate View Post
Are you some offended Palestinian activist living in Little Gaza (Anaheim) or something? You've really swallowed the anti Jewish canards hook, line, and sinker.

The term "Arab Jews" was used during the First World War by Jews of Middle Eastern origin living in western countries, to support their case that they were not Turks and should not be treated as enemy aliens.[8][better source needed] Today the term is sometimes used by newspapers and official bodies in some countries, to express the belief that Jewish identity is a matter of religion rather than ethnicity or nationality. Most Jews disagree with this, do not use the term and, where it appears to them to be calculated to deny the existence of a distinct Jewish identity in favour of reducing the Jewish diaspora to a religious entity, even consider it offensive.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arab_Jews
Do you see the discrepancy here? Seriously you are so confused and hypocritical it is actually amusing.
No matter how he worded it, the majority of Jews in Israel have been and still are Mizrahi. Probably Middle Eastern Jews would have been a better way of stating it.

Old 08-18-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
You are either deliberately uninformed or willfully ignorant. For starters, Arab Jews are usually Sephardic. I know a few Mizrahi Jews. The ones I know are Greek. And Israel has 6,000,000 Jews, quite a bit more than "hundreds." Another attempt to delegitimize Israel?

You also omitted that Israel has a significant Muslim population, that lives in peace and is unmolested except when they attack. I would assume that omission is deliberate since it doesn't fit your hateful narrative of Israel being an apartheid state.
You're mixing up terminologies. Sephardic Jews are of a Spain & African mix and thus not of Arab lineage. The largest influx of Jews (around the Million mark) came into Israel from the Middle East and not North Africa. They are Mizrahi.

Old 08-18-2015, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
No matter how he worded it, the majority of Jews in Israel have been and still are Mizrahi. Probably Middle Eastern Jews would have been a better way of stating it.
The guy has has no idea what he's talking about. There's another head where he calls Iranians Arabs. So far I've come to understand from him that anything that lives in the middle east = Arabs and Jews = bad.

Old 08-18-2015, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Also, where did I say that the majority of Jews living in Israel weren't of Levantine descent?

I find it amusing you didnt comment on incognitoe's definition of what anti semitism is or the fact there are "hundreds" of Jews in Israel.

However, I'll be sure to call you an Arab Jew in the future since you're down with that nomenclature.

Old 08-18-2015, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Also, where did I say that the majority of Jews living in Israel weren't of Levantine descent?

I find it amusing you didn't comment on incognitoe's definition of what anti semitism is or the fact there are "hundreds" of Jews in Israel.

However, I'll be sure to call you an Arab Jew in the future since you're down with that nomenclature.
As a newbie I'll let you slide a little as I've been here long enough to have a thicker skin to the Jew haters that keep on popping up. We (C-D) got rid of a whole load of them three years ago and since then there has been a pretty short path to ban-hood as they do it to themselves. So a little piece of advice: Don't feed the Trolls.

FYI: I'm Mizrahi and per my DNA test I'm 98% from the Levant with the highest commonality around Jerusalem.

FWIW, incognitoe, posts IMPOV are a slight mis-education for not knowing the current use of anti-semitism is anti-Jewish and not the dictionary definition and his comment "hundreds of Jews in Israel" was a misuse of English and probably meant that there are Jews in Israel that came from hundreds of other nations.

Old 08-18-2015, 10:42 AM

Quote:
As a newbie I'll let you slide a little as I've been here long enough to have a thicker skin to the Jew haters that keep on popping up. We (C-D) got rid of a whole load of them three years ago and since then there has been a pretty short path to ban-hood as they do it to themselves. So a little piece of advice: Don't feed the Trolls.

FYI: I'm Mizrahi and per my DNA test I'm 98% from the Levant with the highest commonality around Jerusalem.

FWIW, incognitoe, posts IMPOV are a slight mis-education for not knowing the current use of anti-semitism is anti-Jewish and not the dictionary definition and his comment "hundreds of Jews in Israel" was a misuse of English and probably meant that there are Jews in Israel that came from hundreds of other nations.
I showed incognitoe the dictionary definition that anti semitism means anti Jewish. Yes he is missing educated, but he doesn't want to learn.

He doesn't care about knowing the truth if it doesn't fit into his neat box. He has a clear agenda and it involves denigrating Jews and Israel.

I know you're a Levantine Jew, that's why I said I'll refer to you as an Arab Jew in the future since you weren't too worried about that term. I would have thought up would have explained to incognitoe why that terminology is offensive to most.

Last edited by CapRate; 08-18-2015 at 11:04 AM..

Old 08-18-2015, 12:29 PM

35,070 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
I showed incognitoe the dictionary definition that anti semitism means anti Jewish. Yes he is missing educated, but he doesn't want to learn.

He doesn't care about knowing the truth if it doesn't fit into his neat box. He has a clear agenda and it involves denigrating Jews and Israel.
When I was in grade school I was taught that context is very important for the proper definition of words. In the English language many words have two or more meaning.

Technically Arabs are Semites. No doubt about it. But everyone who thinks of "anti-Semitism" in a thread about Jewish issues understands that it refers to dislike of Jews. To pretend otherwise is obtuse. For example the expression "grin and bear it" does not refer to the denizens of the woods.

Old 08-18-2015, 12:42 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,076,568 times
Again Jews is not a race. The majority group of "Jews" in Israel are Arab Jews known as Mizrahim Jews who make up over 60% if the population.

Semites refers to a group of people who speak the semetic language. And Arabic is one of them. Antisemites is a trick used to brainwash people.

Most of the anti semitism around the world today are against Arabs. Most by European Jews and Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies