Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 02:03 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,331,437 times

Advertisements

I've read that African Americans should straighten out our own problems and I genuinely believe there is a great deal of truth in that statement, but since we haven't come up with a workable solution, I was wondering if white people would be so kind as to tell us how white people solved the problems of violence, guns, criminality, unwed mothers and welfare dependency amongst white people.

While I am patiently await your suggestions, let me just say thank you in advance.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:10 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Ethics. Get some.

Whites aren't perfect. No race is. But their percentage of imperfection in regards to poverty, unwed births, violence, etc. is significantly lower given their percentage of the population.

My all-time favorite quote:

"It's not burn baby burn, but learn baby learn, so that you can earn baby earn." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I've never understood why the African-American community didn't/doesn't take that advice. It's exactly what I taught my kids. And they learned. And they now earn, BIG time.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:17 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,286,793 times
The best way to do this would be to copy the success of especially the Jewish and Asian mothers whose children are elevating themselves in life.

Copy success, it exists greatly in the black community with Oprah, Bill Cosby, OJ Simpson and of course Ben Carson, Herman Cain and Condoleezza Rice.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:18 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,331,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Ethics. Get some.

Whites aren't perfect. No race is. But their percentage of imperfection in regards to poverty, unwed births, violence, etc. is significantly lower given their percentage of the population.
Oh, so I see you haven't resolved these issues and don't have any specific advise.

Never the less, thank you for responding.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:19 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Ethics. Get some.

"It's not burn baby burn, but learn baby learn, so that you can earn baby earn." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

I've never understood why the African-American community didn't/doesn't take that advice. It's exactly what I taught my kids. And they learned. And they now earn, BIG time.
You are saying this as if there arent different economic situations in this nation.

2 people with the same goals do not necessarily have the same opportunity to achieve those goals.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
Oh, so I see you haven't resolved these issues and don't have any specific advise.

Never the less, thank you for responding.
Resolved? No. Much lower percentage, comparatively? Yes.

It's good advice. Why do you feel compelled to reject it?

Old 08-28-2015, 02:22 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Ethics. Get some.

Sigh...

You do realize the black Americans today are much better off educationally and economically since the 1960s right? Even with all our "imperfections."

Also white and black social ills cannot be equally measured against each other since both groups did not have equal educational and economic conditions due to detriment felt by black Americans as a result of societal racism.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:22 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,550,525 times
Select an emotionally stable mate with a higher than average IQ or get a vascectomy.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You are saying this as if there arent different economic situations in this nation.

2 people with the same goals do not necessarily have the same opportunity to achieve those goals.
Sorry, I haven't found that to be true. My husband and I were so poor when we were newlyweds that we lived in a dive of an apartment that only heated up to 59 degrees in the cold Chicago winters. We were really poor, then. We're not, now. And there are millions more just like us who have similar experiences. If acquiring wealth were so hard, how have so many of us been able to do so? 80% of US millionaires are first-generation wealthy.

Old 08-28-2015, 02:28 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,559,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
I've read that African Americans should straighten out our own problems and I genuinely believe there is a great deal of truth in that statement, but since we haven't come up with a workable solution, I was wondering if white people would be so kind as to tell us how white people solved the problems of violence, guns, criminality, unwed mothers and welfare dependency amongst white people.

While I am patiently await your suggestions, let me just say thank you in advance.

Can you document where anyone claimed to have "solved the problems of violence, guns, criminality, unwed mothers and welfare dependency amongst white people"?

I'll patiently wait for your source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies