Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 10:47 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times

Advertisements

One of the most dimwitted Presidents in United States history decided to make a rare outing and do some work on trying to rewrite his awful legacy. And I'm not speaking of his signature failure, Iraq, I'm speaking of the exposure of incompetence of his entire administration when one of the worst storms in history barreled into New Orleans, causing levee's to burst and drowning the city while the Federal government did nothing.

Even with a week of warning, Bush was playing President in California, Cheney was home in Wyoming, and Condi Rice was shoe shopping in Manhattan. So ole' George visited a High School in New Orleans, where he told two high school girls that "being President is not that hard", and, in another cringeworthy moment, he can be seen dancing like a drunken frat boy.

George, there is a reason your handlers keep you out of the public eye.

George W Bush dances in New Orleans during Katrina event

http://www.commondreams.org/further/...ns-new-orleans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2015, 11:00 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,603,034 times
It's all he can do. It's been 10 years but he should let it go.

Old 08-29-2015, 11:02 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
Wow, BDS is really long term, it seems.

Old 08-29-2015, 11:05 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,566,860 times
Is Bush learning from Obama? Obama went golfing right after making a sombre speech on American journalist James Foley beheaded by Muslim terrorist group ISIS.

Obama admits golf after Foley beheading was bad idea, wants vacation from media - Washington Times

Old 08-29-2015, 11:08 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
One of the most dimwitted Presidents in United States history decided to make a rare outing and do some work on trying to rewrite his awful legacy. And I'm not speaking of his signature failure, Iraq, I'm speaking of the exposure of incompetence of his entire administration when one of the worst storms in history barreled into New Orleans, causing levee's to burst and drowning the city while the Federal government did nothing.

Even with a week of warning, Bush was playing President in California, Cheney was home in Wyoming, and Condi Rice was shoe shopping in Manhattan. So ole' George visited a High School in New Orleans, where he told two high school girls that "being President is not that hard", and, in another cringeworthy moment, he can be seen dancing like a drunken frat boy.

Picking The Wings Off Butterflies: Bush Returns to New Orleans | Common Dreams | Breaking News & Views for the Progressive Community

I may not have liked him as president but I think he's a good guy in real life....just like those who hated Jimmy Carter as president. I would love to sit down and have a beer with bush. I think he's pretty funny. Actually, I don't like beer so I would have wine. And since he doesn't drink I guess he would have water lol

Old 08-29-2015, 11:08 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,862,519 times
Quote:
One of the most dimwitted Presidents in United States history decided to make a rare outing and do some work on trying to rewrite his awful legacy.

Whoa, wait a second --- Obama made an outing that didn't involve golf or fundraising???

Old 08-29-2015, 11:12 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,211,085 times
Quote:
George W. Bush is the worst president in my lifetime. But it isn't his or FEMA's fault the Mayor and Governor did not evacuate the city in a timely manner. I believe Brown when he says the Mayor and Governor had a week advance warning, but did not call for a mandatory evacuation till hours before the storm hit.

Old 08-29-2015, 11:19 PM

9,139 posts, read 5,806,242 times
Quote:

Picking The Wings Off Butterflies: Bush Returns to New Orleans | Common Dreams | Breaking News & Views for the Progressive Community

Well that's a steaming pile of inaccuracy.
Blanco and Nagin totally blew it.
W made the mistake of not taking it out of their hands.

Old 08-29-2015, 11:37 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Well that's a steaming pile of inaccuracy.
Blanco and Nagin totally blew it.
W made the mistake of not taking it out of their hands.
yep, bush practically begged blanco to declare a state of emergency so that the feds could go in and help in a big way, but blanco refused for nearly a week afterwards.

and ray nagin refused to declare a mandatory evacuation until it was too late to put the cities evacuation plan into motion, so all those school buses just sat and got flooded.

and it was ray nagin that refused to let fema trucks into the city across the few bridges still standing. fema trucks loaded with supplied for residents that stayed behind.

the coast guard however was on station just hours after the storm had passed pulling people out of the city by helicopter.

and then there is the question of whether bush should have landed at the airport and toured the devastated area a few days afterwards, when blanco finally declared a state of emergency, but the reality is that landing air force one at the airport then would have screwed things up, and caused unneeded delays in getting supplies to the people.

like him or not, bush did the right things both before and after katrina hit, it was nagin and blanco that screwed the pooch in the aftermath. everyone knew the storm was coming a week out, and the people that should have done the things they needed to do, didnt.

odanny, stop trying to rewrite history, and stop listening to those that are trying to rewrite history.

Old 08-29-2015, 11:57 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,496 times
If you were to rank our last six presidents, George W. and Carter would be the two worst.

However, if you ranked them simply as people they would probably be the two best out of the six.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies