Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2015, 04:47 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Also, girls will change clothes in the stalls even if not using the toilet. That's the norm. Idk what guys do. Maybe some males are reacting to the fact that they don't use stalls for this?
I don't care. My daughter will not share locker room/bathroom with any guy.

Period. Not if he values his health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2015, 04:01 AM

96 posts, read 88,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Of coarse it does. You are disagreeing with a liberal. Therefore you are a bigot, a sexist, a homophobe and a racist. (Did I leave anything out?) Oh yeah and a rwnj...
No. If a teen has a penis he is NOT a she physically, and therefore he has no place in a girl's locker room or shower. Period. Whatever he feels inside or in his head is up to him and his parents to deal with, and until he no longer has a penis he has absolutely no business showing himself in the girls locker room or shower. The only solution is to provide a separate area for the transgender kids who can go to a separate area where they will be among more like themselves, facing the same dilemma. If they get offended by seeing someone who is a different gender from who they believe they are, well, IMO it would be a much smaller number of children/teens being exposed to something they don't want to see. I think the 150 versus 1 speaks for itself as to a solution.

This student having been offered the solution of using the faculty facilities was a good solution, and by the kid saying he didn't want to use that one but instead wanted to use the girls locker room and shower speaks volumes about his purpose and his intentions IMO. It is a good and workable solution, and the kid needs to be told he only has two solutions - use the boys locker room or the faculty facilities. He has options here that would certainy never have been offered in my day, heck...this would never have been a problem in my day. Tell him he only has the two choices and then stand by it. IMO it again goes to the feelings and wishes of 150 versus 1. As far as I am concerned, it's a no brainer. This kid isn't the boss and he isn't running the show, and he needs to be made to understand that.

Back when I was in high school such a thing would never have been even considered much less allowed. The things being tolerated today are a disgrace to the upbringing of decent kids, and by pushing such things on them there are 150 attitudes and feelings being thrown to the wind for the sake of one child. IMO 150 versus 1 speaks for itself.

Last edited by NanJ; 09-08-2015 at 05:09 AM..

Old 09-08-2015, 12:55 PM

594 posts, read 346,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Everyone is entitled to an equal education.
Your post is very weak, and not well thought out. Where did I say that some people are not entitled to an education?

Are people in a wheel chair, or with other disabilities who cannot attend gym class not entitled to an education?

Old 09-08-2015, 12:58 PM

594 posts, read 346,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NanJ View Post
No. If a teen has a penis he is NOT a she physically, and therefore he has no place in a girl's locker room or shower. Period. Whatever he feels inside or in his head is up to him and his parents to deal with, and until he no longer has a penis he has absolutely no business showing himself in the girls locker room or shower. The only solution is to provide a separate area for the transgender kids who can go to a separate area where they will be among more like themselves, facing the same dilemma. If they get offended by seeing someone who is a different gender from who they believe they are, well, IMO it would be a much smaller number of children/teens being exposed to something they don't want to see. I think the 150 versus 1 speaks for itself as to a solution.

This student having been offered the solution of using the faculty facilities was a good solution, and by the kid saying he didn't want to use that one but instead wanted to use the girls locker room and shower speaks volumes about his purpose and his intentions IMO. It is a good and workable solution, and the kid needs to be told he only has two solutions - use the boys locker room or the faculty facilities. He has options here that would certainy never have been offered in my day, heck...this would never have been a problem in my day. Tell him he only has the two choices and then stand by it. IMO it again goes to the feelings and wishes of 150 versus 1. As far as I am concerned, it's a no brainer. This kid isn't the boss and he isn't running the show, and he needs to be made to understand that.

Back when I was in high school such a thing would never have been even considered much less allowed. The things being tolerated today are a disgrace to the upbringing of decent kids, and by pushing such things on them there are 150 attitudes and feelings being thrown to the wind for the sake of one child. IMO 150 versus 1 speaks for itself.
It's this asinine political correctness movment, it requires people to remove common sense, and allows the lunatics to run the country. If any nut case is opposed to X, our entire nation must stand on it's head to accomodate them.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:01 PM

24,408 posts, read 26,964,842 times
If the dude got the surgery done, then okay, use the female locker room. However, he hasn't so he is still a dude.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:11 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
If the dude got the surgery done, then okay, use the female locker room. However, he hasn't so he is still a dude.
He's a dude regardless of what he gets cut off.

Old 09-08-2015, 01:22 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
150 Students WALK OUT of high school after transgender allowed to use girls locker room.

150 Students WALK OUT of high school after transgender allowed to use girls locker room » The Right Scoop -

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/02/us...room.html?_r=0

A transgender teen used the girls’ locker room. Now her community is up in arms. - The Washington Post

This is still a male and hasn't had any surgery. Wearing a wig, makeup, and women's clothing doesn't make you a female. Good for the students for not giving in to the politically INcorrect liberal society.

Here is the most LOL quote from The NY Post Students protest transgender teen’s use of girl’s locker room | New York Post

Completely different from the blacks. Transgenders make up even less of the population than gays.

And liberals like to pretend that the younger generation is all liberal.
...it needed just a slight correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
ABSOLUTELY!!!

He's a dude that has made HIS own personal decision, for good or bad. He's a dude, and should be relegated to the dudes locker room.

This isn;t about HIS rights, it's about the rights of the hundreds of girls he is encroaching on. What about them?

Old 09-08-2015, 01:25 PM

4,040 posts, read 2,557,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Nothing changed, people simply misused or misunderstood the definition of the original words.
Total BS!

Gender is the range of characteristics pertaining to, and differentiating between, masculinity and femininity. Depending on the context, these characteristics may include biological sex (i.e. the state of being male, female or intersex), sex-based social structures (including gender roles and other social roles), or gender identity.[1][2][3]

Sexologist John Money introduced the terminological distinction between biological sex and gender as a role in 1955. Before his work, it was uncommon to use the word gender to refer to anything but grammatical categories.[1][2] However, Money's meaning of the word did not become widespread until the 1970s, when feminist theory embraced the concept of a distinction between biological sex and the social construct of gender

CAN YOU READ?

It was changed by ONE guy. In 1955. And didn't become widespread until the 70s. Why the 70s? Because the FEMINIST movement embraced it.

See how that's not at all the same as your claim?

Old 09-08-2015, 03:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
Your post is very weak, and not well thought out. Where did I say that some people are not entitled to an education?
Where did I say you said that? I've done this for a long time. You said they can simply not be made to take gym. ie: Not get the *same* education as others.

Quote:
Are people in a wheel chair, or with other disabilities who cannot attend gym class not entitled to an education?
They can take gym class.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies