Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 12:18 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyore1954 View Post
I find it ridiculous that in high school a man is allowed to be in the girls locker room because he says he is a girl.
I also find it very rude of the man to feel that it is OK for so many others to have to allow and accept his behavior. If he feels he is a girl he could still use the men's locker room and bathroom instead of causing the girls in the locker room to be uncomfortable.
Seems like common sense doesn't it? This man doesn't care, he is after attention, no matter how many others he makes uncomfortable. Narcissistic actions are a fact of life with today's culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 12:19 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Very funny indeed. Some people feel uncomfortable in those situations just like some people feel they are a different gender, interesting isn't it ?

Looks like the person sensitive and making the fuss is the XY born T teen that had a private bathroom.

Personally , having my own private bathroom, especially in High School would have been a serious bonus. The teen feeling uncomfortable using the private bathroom was just something in their mind. They need to deal with it, just like they have been able to overcome being more a male and wanting to be female. Having your own private bathroom should be a very easy hurdle to overcome. This person wanted to make a name for themselves pure and simple ...Thanks again Bruce/Caitlyn Jenner !
Well you might be correct but you might also be very wrong on this.

I would expect this teen is in the throes of being advised by any number of physicians of all stripes and it would be my bet he/she's getting advised to immerse rather than isolate himself.

I'd further be willing to bet his various doctors have inundated his parents with any amount of advice so as to make them totally over-loaded with all of this dumped on their plate.

All one can hope for is they are being supportive and able to intercede on his/her behalf without resorting to anger or confrontation with all those who are making this way more complicated than it needs be.

Every one of those girls will occasion a rethinking of their behaviour down the line and chastise themselves for being so rigid in their peer group, lemming, lockstep, stepford wives, response. Probably when one of them gives birth to a child of a different make-up.

Karma.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:23 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,288,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
150 Students WALK OUT of high school after transgender allowed to use girls locker room.

150 Students WALK OUT of high school after transgender allowed to use girls locker room » The Right Scoop -

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/02/us...room.html?_r=0

A transgender teen used the girls’ locker room. Now her community is up in arms. - The Washington Post

This is still a male and hasn't had any surgery. Wearing a wig, makeup, and women's clothing doesn't make you a female. Good for the students for not giving in to the politically correct liberal society.

Here is the most LOL quote from The NY Post Students protest transgender teen’s use of girl’s locker room | New York Post

Completely different from the blacks. Transgenders make up even less of the population than gays.

And liberals like to pretend that the younger generation is all liberal.
And just how many of these kids did this to simply get out of class you think? You would be a fool to believe that most did it out of protest.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:24 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
The answer is correct, a female skeleton is different from a male.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:25 PM

29,507 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post

I would expect this teen is in the throes of being advised by any number of physicians of all stripes and it would be my bet he/she's getting advised to immerse rather than isolate himself.

I'd further be willing to bet his various doctors have inundated his parents with any amount of advice so as to make them totally over-loaded with all of this dumped on their plate.

All one can hope for is they are being supportive and able to intercede on his/her behalf without resorting to anger or confrontation with all those who are making this way more complicated than it needs be.

Every one of those girls will occasion a rethinking of their behaviour down the line and chastise themselves for being so rigid in their peer group, lemming, lockstep, stepford wives, response. Probably when one of them gives birth to a child of a different make-up.

Karma.
I agree with the majority of your post, but that doesn't mean he has to make others uncomfortable. Some guys I know are uncomfortable around gay men, I am not. Those are not just our choices but how we feel.
Just like how this teen feels. And just like we can't or aren't supposed to make this teen feel what we think is normal, we can't force those that feel that it isn't normal to be okay with it.
So there lies the impasse. What who's rights are to be violated ? The genetically born XX and XY girls and boys or the genetically born XY boy that feels like a girl ?

Old 09-03-2015, 12:47 PM

732 posts, read 1,046,486 times
What a society we live in.

A 6 year old kindergartner can be expelled immediately, no questions asked, for accidentally bringing a squirt gun to school but a dorky teenage boy wearing a cheap wig can hold an entire school hostage, angering and inflaming hundreds of students and parents because he "feels" a certain way and is adamant everyone else should accommodate him. Seriously, what's next on the slippery slope?

The chickens will be coming home to roost real soon I suspect.

Old 09-03-2015, 12:57 PM

29,507 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandavaran View Post
What a society we live in.

A 6 year old kindergartner can be expelled immediately, no questions asked, for accidentally bringing a squirt gun to school but a dorky teenage boy wearing a cheap wig can hold an entire school hostage, angering and inflaming hundreds of students and parents because he "feels" a certain way and is adamant everyone else should accommodate him. Seriously, what's next on the slippery slope?

The chickens will be coming home to roost real soon I suspect.
We now live in bizarro world ...

Old 09-03-2015, 01:13 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
150 Students WALK OUT of high school after transgender allowed to use girls locker room.

150 Students WALK OUT of high school after transgender allowed to use girls locker room » The Right Scoop -

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/02/us...room.html?_r=0

A transgender teen used the girls’ locker room. Now her community is up in arms. - The Washington Post

This is still a male and hasn't had any surgery. Wearing a wig, makeup, and women's clothing doesn't make you a female. Good for the students for not giving in to the politically correct liberal society.

Here is the most LOL quote from The NY Post Students protest transgender teen’s use of girl’s locker room | New York Post

Completely different from the blacks. Transgenders make up even less of the population than gays.

And liberals like to pretend that the younger generation is all liberal.
Best news I've heard all day. Thank you for posting it.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:24 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,262,078 times
I'd have to agree with the 150.

Have no issue with transgendered ppl, but you best at least have the correct body parts before using the same damn bathroom, otherwise any old perve will have the green light to use the same excuse to do the same thing.

Old 09-03-2015, 01:27 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,141,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon67 View Post
I'd have to agree with the 150.

Have no issue with transgendered ppl, but you best at least have the correct body parts before using the same damn bathroom, otherwise any old perve will have the green light to use the same excuse to do the same thing.
Wow... Do people have no sense of nuance or complexity?

There have been zero reports of transgendered people assaulting people in public restrooms. This is the last thing I'd worry about.

It's a complex situation... if you respect human dignity. Complex for everyone. I understand BOTH the discomfort of the students who walked out and the necessity of maintaining dignity for the transgendered. There are really no easy answers here.

Unless of course, you simply want to use this story as yet another proxy for bashing people who are different from you...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies