Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2015, 08:42 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
LOL- understood, but it should not manifest in a piggish way. And I am not innocent of some piggish behavior.
Of course not but that has nothing to do with not allowing teens to shower together in a co-ed manner.

Quote:
And I get that it would take a long time to change the way our culture works in this manner. But it is truth that we are too uptight about nudity. I mean people get offended when a woman pulls out a breast to feed her baby.
Probably so but that doesn't make it sensible to allow teens to shower together. The answer to too prudish isn't no rules whatsoever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 08:45 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,736,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
There is a pretty lengthy discussion going on in "Current Events" on this.

This XY born transgender teen had already been set up with their own private bathroom/locker room. They then chose to use the girls because they wanted to.
First off, if you are different you need to accept that. Secondly ,the T teen's rights stop when they infringe on the rights of the other girls.
Why do we always have to make the group uncomfortable over a single individual ?
This T teen better get used to being different , if they can't cope with that life is going to be a long difficult road.
Good question.
and what needs to be addressed in this case is why the group is unconfortable in the first place?

Why is there shame in someone seeing your anatomy?

and again I understand it is very entrenched in our culture to make sure you are ashamed of your body and it must be hidden from view. But at somepoint we need to loosen up about it.
It is just breasts,Vaginas and penises. All good things we are born with.

Old 09-03-2015, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
As already stated, these young girls see just as much of a male form in that locker room as they would at a pool party.
Just making the claim does not make it so and no one wants to address the point that it's NOT just about this one occasion.

Quote:
Heck, the speedos the swim team wears are more revealing than any underwear a teenager would wear(male or female).

If we arent talking about nudity(which as I already said, i would agree with you on), then we are talking about shadows, and everyone has seen a little VPL and camal toe.

That being said, I wouldnt have a problem with a reversal of this policy, no one should have to be uncomfortable in their own skin while simply changing clothing.(hmmm, well look at that).

I honestly dont think I care either way, but i think if they force these girls to change in the same room, they should have a prevision to allow them to to keep their grades while not having got dress out for P.E.
So they have to give something up to appease this one person? The girl that wants to take P.E. has to opt out to not undress in front of a male?

Old 09-03-2015, 08:50 AM

1,350 posts, read 2,301,183 times
I am a woman with a transgender history so I'll give my .02

Preop, I don't see a problem using the women's restroom. No one walks around a restroom nude, however if people KNOW your past don't be surprised if they find it disagreeable in a changing room. She's not very far along in her transition and its rather obvious at this point.

Either use the private room or change schools.

Postop, there is no problem period.

This is a complex issue, there is no simple answer. When I transitioned at 19 I didn't tell anyone, I did not endeavour to raise a problem for anyone else. But that was 20 years ago and I'm a private person.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:01 AM

29,505 posts, read 14,668,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
Good question.
and what needs to be addressed in this case is why the group is unconfortable in the first place?

Why is there shame in someone seeing your anatomy?

and again I understand it is very entrenched in our culture to make sure you are ashamed of your body and it must be hidden from view. But at somepoint we need to loosen up about it.
It is just breasts,Vaginas and penises. All good things we are born with.
Are you serious ? Come on, really ? Some people are fine and some aren't. Do you even remember being in high school ? I remember many of the girls would use every excuse in the world not to swim in swim class (co-ed) , many guys wouldn't shower after class or gym as well.
I'm 46 and am not comfortable walking around a locker room with a bunch of other swinging d***s. It is what it is. Making these girls have to deal with the T teen in their locker room isn't right. They should not have to endure being uncomfortable about this, and the reason "why is there shame " is not an excuse.

If the kids were 18 and up, and there was a co-ed locker room it would be their choice to use it or not. At this time those girls aren't given a choice.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:06 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Just making the claim does not make it so and no one wants to address the point that it's NOT just about this one occasion.
What do you mean by not just one occasion ????

Quote:
]So they have to give something up to appease this one person? The girl that wants to take P.E. has to opt out to not undress in front of a male?
I didnt say opt out of P.E., I said they should have the option to not have to dress.

Another solution would be to let this one girl change in the coaches office(in my school it was in the girls lockerroom, before you got to the actual changing area, so she wouldnt be in the actual lockerroom with them, and no one would see shadows of anyone's parts.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:08 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Are you serious ? Come on, really ? Some people are fine and some aren't. Do you even remember being in high school ? I remember many of the girls would use every excuse in the world not to swim in swim class (co-ed) , many guys wouldn't shower after class or gym as well.
I'm 46 and am not comfortable walking around a locker room with a bunch of other swinging d***s. It is what it is. Making these girls have to deal with the T teen in their locker room isn't right. They should not have to endure being uncomfortable about this, and the reason "why is there shame " is not an excuse.

If the kids were 18 and up, and there was a co-ed locker room it would be their choice to use it or not. At this time those girls aren't given a choice.
I understand this argument.

Old 09-03-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
I've addressed that 3-4 times.

Quote:
I didnt say opt out of P.E., I said they should have the option to not have to dress.
So they have to opt out.

Quote:
Another solution would be to let this one girl change in the coaches office(in my school it was in the girls lockerroom, before you got to the actual changing area, so she wouldnt be in the actual lockerroom with them, and no one would see shadows of anyone's parts.
They had their own room. It wasn't good enough. Did you not read the articles?

Old 09-03-2015, 09:10 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,558,126 times
Who didn't know this was coming?

Old 09-03-2015, 09:11 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:

Not a girl. Its a boy.

Get your fact straight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies