Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 05:33 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I heard people plea the fifth when they did nothing wrong and had nothing to hide.

Offer the staffer immunity and lets get down to business.

Staffer who worked on Clinton
A former State Department staffer who worked on Hillary Rodham Clinton’s private e-mail server tried this week to fend off a subpoena to testify before Congress, saying he would assert his constitutional right not to answer questions to avoid incriminating himself.

The move by Bryan Pagliano, who had worked on Clinton’s 2008 presidential campaign before setting up the server in her New York home in 2009, came in a Monday letter from his lawyer to the House panel investigating the 2012 attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya.
He does need to cooperate - any bets on who is paying for his Lawyer? CampClinton needs a Patsy.
This guy was a Clinton Campaign Worker in 2007 - he followed her orders to set up the Server and then Convert it to her "Secret Server" when she was nominated as Secretary of State. It's likely he had no clue about the Security Protocols about Classified/Secret information. He followed orders.

She hired him at the State Department and his JOB was just to manage her Server that the rest of the State Department IT folks knew nothing about.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to find that the "5th" doesn't cut much ice when it comes to the CIA, FBI, NSA, DOD and the entire Intelligence Community. They have LOGS for everything. I think this guy is a a small part of the set-up - the investigation is going to center on the Clinton Top Aids (Cheryl Mills, Jake Sullivan, Huma Abedin, Phllipe Raines) who had to LOG in to the Secure network and take the Information off the Secure Network and place it in an unmarked email to Hillary Clinton on an Un-Secured Secret Server. The Federal Rules concerning this stuff is almost unbelievable - I can't figure out how any of them ever thought they could get away with it. Sometimes you have to go into a Vault to view that Information and your Clearance has to HIGH. Mills and Abedin might have had that sort of clearance. It's the Transfer of the Classified materials that will get them. Not the IT kid that did maintenance work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2015, 05:47 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How silly.

If it is indeed a "witch hunt" then it's in your best interest to get the truth out there.
Unless the truth results in a fatal "accident" or "suicide", then it's in their best interest to take the 5th and keep out of the Clintons crosshairs.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:01 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
All cps and yelling doesnt somehow make your point valid. You know that right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"...something prior secretary of states have done as well....."

Here we ago AGAIN for the umpteenth time. HOW MANY SET UP THEIR OWN PRIVATE SERVER TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL OF ANY GOV'T OVERSIGHT OR SUPERVISION?
Not nearly enough of them to be honest. A lot of them used Gmail, where they had no control over the encryption or security. BTW-no government oversight or supervision there.

Quote:
Totally disobeying President Obama's official Directive saying that ALL GOV'T BUSINESS MUST DONE ON GOV"T PROVIDED EQUIPMENT.
So government business shall never be sent to a gmail address? Define equipment. In fact...wheres this directive, and when did it occur, and what exactly does it say?

Because heres a clue-despite your outrage in all caps you seem unaware that the directive you are discussing occurred after Clinton left the secretary of state position.

Quote:
HOW MANY DID ALL OF THEIR OFFICIAL BUSINESS ON THEIR OWN EMAIL SYSTEM?
Depends. Most of them used something like gmail. I wish I was kidding.

Quote:
We ALL know the answer except for the few who are so blind they can't see their own hand in front of their faces and want to deflect, the usual thing they do when caught, from the TRUTH.
Apparently you dont know the "answer" or the "truth". This is much ado about nothing. molehills turned into giant conspiracy filled mountains.

Clinton shouldn't be a candidate for president for lots of reasons, I honestly am not sure this is one of them however. And I find the factual inaccuracies of people like you to be mind boggling. But I suppose you think that all caps will somehow make up for that.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
She went to a lot of effort to subvert the normal process of how these things are done. Most rationale non-partisans seem to think that this isn't your typical witch hunt.

Especially with the investigation occurring under a democratic administration.

I think if it were Romney in the Whitehouse it would be easier to dismiss the investigation as a witch hunt in the minds of the average American. My 2 cents.
Actually...no she didn't go through a lot of effort. In all honesty it probably took a phone call, and 5 minutes of her time. The person setting it up probably spent 24 hours doing it. At most.

The thing that I don't get is how many people fail to focus on the important parts.

Who gave a copy of her emails to investigators. It wasn't her, it was her lawyer. on a thumb drive. At a point of which some of her emails HAD been classified. Was the data encrypted? Thats something he should not have had. And people gloss over that part. Instead its all the irrelevant nonsense.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:21 PM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually...no she didn't go through a lot of effort. In all honesty it probably took a phone call, and 5 minutes of her time. The person setting it up probably spent 24 hours doing it. At most.

The thing that I don't get is how many people fail to focus on the important parts.

Who gave a copy of her emails to investigators. It wasn't her, it was her lawyer. on a thumb drive. At a point of which some of her emails HAD been classified. Was the data encrypted? Thats something he should not have had. And people gloss over that part. Instead its all the irrelevant nonsense.

Clinton should not have had any of them after two years either.
The government should have...........but they didn't.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:25 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:

Funny, you tell someone that using all CAPs don't make a point, yet you use CAPs....

And your first, second, and 3rd sentence is exactly why she should have not done what she had done...

But it does not matter to you...

Old 09-03-2015, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Funny, you tell someone that using all CAPs don't make a point, yet you use CAPs....
Yes, at the beginning of my sentences, or at a small section to indicate emphasis. Primarily capitalization. Or are you thinking of something else? Cause I am not sure what you are referring too. Please...point out some massive amount of all caps in my posts, I am not seeing it.

Quote:
And your first, second, and 3rd sentence is exactly why she should have not done what she had done...
you mean when I said:
"Actually...no she didn't go through a lot of effort. In all honesty it probably took a phone call, and 5 minutes of her time. The person setting it up probably spent 24 hours doing it."

so she shouldn't have done it because it was easy?

Quote:
But it does not matter to you...
I think you are confused. While some parts of it matter a lot, most of its unfettered nonsense. Its Republicans trying to make a crime where none appear to have occurred yet. All the while ignoring other issues.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:36 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
She was either duplicitous or incompetent; take your pick. Now we're in a situation where classified data is being auctioned off by hackers.
Hillary Clinton Hacked Emails For Sale | Radar Online

Old 09-03-2015, 06:54 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Likely he is setting up immunity. He is small fish after all.

Old 09-03-2015, 06:55 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,956 times
I swear you hear the same spin on almost all forums that allow discussion on this issue.

Quote:
In fact...wheres this directive, and when did it occur, and what exactly does it say?
There are several of them.

Quote:
Because heres a clue-despite your outrage in all caps you seem unaware that the directive you are discussing occurred after Clinton left the secretary of state position.
There are many policies, regulations and laws that govern FOUO communications, which would pretty much cover any correspondence Clinton made using that email server, which have existed long before she was nominated. There are policies that regulate/restrict the use of private email systems for government work and as a government employee.

Quote:
Apparently you dont know the "answer" or the "truth". This is much ado about nothing. molehills turned into giant conspiracy filled mountains.
Are you paid by the DNC?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies