Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2015, 02:52 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
How do you reconcile this statement with Obama's statement that this deal will "prevent" Iran from developing a nuclear weapon?
As I said in my first post. Obama is a buffoon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2015, 02:54 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,143,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
So, it sounds like we are in agreement. Barack Obama is proclaiming to the world that this "deal" will prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon, which the whole world knows is bull tripe of the highest order.

Did you vote for Barack Obama? If you did, under what premise did you believe it was a good idea to vote for a bald faced liar.....and naive idiot to boot?

Old 09-11-2015, 02:59 PM

Quote:
So, it sounds like we are in agreement. Barack Obama is proclaiming to the world that this "deal" will prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon, which the whole world knows is bull tripe of the highest order.
Sure..the rest of the countries are sick and tired of the wasteful wars and came up with this plan to make sure there isn't one in Iran. Basically they had Obama come along for the ride.

I'm good with that.

Quote:
Did you vote for Barack Obama? If you did, under what premise did you believe it was a good idea to vote for a bald faced liar.....and naive idiot to boot?
I didn't. Even though he had some ideas I agreed with it was obvious from early one that he was a liar. He hasn't followed through on any of the things I agreed with him on.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:00 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 29 days ago)

29,597 posts, read 16,568,312 times
Quote:
Chalk you up to Liberal #3 who has made this claim. I challenge you to go back and find a single post of mine that implies, asserts, or otherwise claims that the deal itself is the reason they'll be able to make a bomb. Go for it!
If the argument wasnt about the deal itself, then you would have in no way mentioned trust.

and you have multiple times.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:01 PM

4,664 posts, read 8,245,133 times
Quote:
WTF are you babbling about?

I was thinking the same thing when I read your OP

Old 09-11-2015, 03:12 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,238,739 times
Quote:
Sound familiar? Of course it does. Guess who has a nuclear weapon? North Korea.

Why are Democrats and liberals so farking naive?
They aren't naive... they're cowards.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Do you disagree with the argument that Iran can not develop a nuclear weapon if they follow the deal ?

Old 09-11-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Do you disagree with the argument that Iran can not develop a nuclear weapon if they follow the deal ?
Sure. If they live up to their word. They won't. I'm not knocking the deal. It's probably the best option at the moment.

It will stall any war talk and then when they do develop a bomb, that will further stall it.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:40 PM

7,580 posts, read 5,332,498 times
Quote:
Yet another liberal who blames the United States for another country developing a nuclear weapon.
Ah, no. I don't "blame" the United States for another country for developing nuclear weapons. What I blame is the arrogance of the Bush administration for botching the possibility of preventing another country from procuring a nuclear weapon.

I say possibility because it is a virtual impossibility to stop a sovereign government from developing a nuclear weapons program because that genie left the bottle in 1945. What the world can do, is to convince nations without them, not to build them. Now that might involve the use of force, it might involve out and out bribery but that is the nature of the beast. What you shouldn't do is demonize those you are trying to convince. Calling a nation the axis of evil then expecting them to turn the other cheek and submit to your will isn't what I call productive. Either way, there are no guarantees under the sun to keep a nation from ever building one. So you do what you can, when you can.

Quote:
The bottom line is that North Korea developed a nuclear weapon because it wanted a nuclear weapon. And yet you folks feel that Iran is somehow different.
Not in the least bit, if you are of the school of thought that procuring a nuclear weapon by Korea or Iran is there raison d'etre then it really doesn't matter what you do, they will in time get one. If that is the case then the discussion turns to, "so now you have one what are you going to do with it?" So far everyone with one hasn't figure out that question. So we (the nuclear nations) sit on our piles of kilotons and rattle our sabers at anyone else that wants to get one, so they can join in with the saber rattling. Generally speaking it isn't very musical. There are 9 countries with nuclear weapons all of whom think the others are not from time to time rational actors but we've have survived more than 70 years with only one country resorting to the use of nuclear weapons, it kind of puts that country at a moral disadvantage when it comes to lecturing the rest of the world.

Old 09-11-2015, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Sure. If they live up to their word. They won't. I'm not knocking the deal. It's probably the best option at the moment.

It will stall any war talk and then when they do develop a bomb, that will further stall it.
Good enough answer, but by bashing Obama, you let the OP off the hook in a clear attempt to play to your anti Obama sentiments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies