Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2015, 11:05 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The problem is we allow people to have guns in homes that shouldn't like a family with a mentally unstable person like say Adam Lanza.
we still have a thing called due process that we have to deal with, and since mr lanza was never adjudicated as being mentally incompetent, then what law would prevent him from having a firearm, let alone his family? and before you protest, i agree he never should have been able to get a hold of the firearms. but until due process has been satisfied, there is no law that would prevent his family from owning firearms.

Old 09-28-2015, 11:23 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The problem is we allow people to have guns in homes that shouldn't like a family with a mentally unstable person like say Adam Lanza.
An even bigger problem is that we allow idiots to procreate.

Old 09-28-2015, 05:57 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,235,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Who do you honestly think is going to be doing this mass confiscation of guns from citizens? Are you going to personally go door to door demanding that folks turn over their guns?
What's it to you? You keep asking how, when I've already said that's a discussion for a different topic.

Quote:
Relax. Take a deep breath. You aren't going to do squat! Neither are the rest of your anti-gun friends!
Really? Is that why the NRA put so many Republicans in their pockets and spend a fortune on lobbying??

Old 09-28-2015, 06:45 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
What's it to you? You keep asking how, when I've already said that's a discussion for a different topic.
actually since you broached the subject of gun confiscation, YOU need to tell how it would be done, as YOU made it part of this subject. so pray tell how would you go about confiscating law abiding citizens firearms?

Old 09-29-2015, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
actually since you broached the subject of gun confiscation, YOU need to tell how it would be done, as YOU made it part of this subject. so pray tell how would you go about confiscating law abiding citizens firearms?
I have never broached the subject of gun confiscation. I did mentioned a ban, but that is not confiscation.

Old 09-29-2015, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Actually, that's not true. Cops are no match for the military which would quite likely join the citizens to overthrow a tyrannical government. Military personnel do not swear to protect the government and I doubt if LE does either.

Read history. It does happen.
If you've got the military on your side, why do you even need guns??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
No, we don't agree. again, read history.
If you don't want a tyrannical government, just vote Democrats. Much easier.

Btw, where was the armed citizens' uprising against George W. Bush?? It looks to me this uprising thing is all talk.

Old 09-29-2015, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Sure. And while we're at it, since we're "getting rid" of Amendments, let's do away with the 4th, and the 5th, your right to privacy, and right to remain silent, as well as the 1st and your right to freedom of speech. Unless of course you believe that those rights will be protected too?

Are you trying to say that gun owners are the difference between having a Constitution and total chaos?

Old 09-29-2015, 05:06 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Except that is not true, guns are used over a million time a year for self defense. Thankfully that can usually be done without shooting anyone.
My point was a thread telling this story as a way of proving that guns can save you from the bad guys was totally unnecessary and proves nothing. We all get it, the issue is at what cost. Those innocent children at Sandy Hook , to cite just one example, paid the price so Adam Lanza's mother could fee safe.

Last edited by DaveinMtAiry; 09-29-2015 at 05:20 AM..

Old 09-29-2015, 06:42 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,396,200 times
I bet this guy feels really good about being "protected" by someone packing heat: Man carjacked, witness opens fire at gas station in NE Houston | News - Home

Old 09-29-2015, 06:53 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:

Really? Is that why the NRA put so many Republicans in their pockets and spend a fortune on lobbying??
Well, quite frankly, when you seek to compromise rights guaranteed by the US Constitution then it means a lot to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
He won't be doing anything. If anything he'll ask those with guns to go after citizens with guns!

Quote:
I have never broached the subject of gun confiscation. I did mentioned a ban, but that is not confiscation.
And what is your silly little "ban" going to lead to? Banning something really works doesn't it? It worked well with alcohol, and it's certainly doing a bang up job with marijuana! Hello, black market!

Quote:
If you've got the military on your side, why do you even need guns??

If you don't want a tyrannical government, just vote Democrats. Much easier.

Btw, where was the armed citizens' uprising against George W. Bush?? It looks to me this uprising thing is all talk.
Why do I need a gun? Well, it is my Constitutional right to do so! What part of "shall not be infringed" don't you understand? Furthermore, the Constitution does not specify guns to be used only by the military. And, it really is none of your business. Don't want a gun, don't get one. That is your choice! Just do NOT take away my choice, just because you feel "icky" about them! MMMKAY!!!

As for voting Democrat, LOL! I have no love for Republicans due to their hypocrisy of claiming to be for smaller government, but I damn sure am not going to vote for Democrats who make no bones about expanding the federal government, and instituting nanny state BS, and handouts! No thanks! I'll continue to vote for candidates that adhere to and uphold the Constitution, and quite frankly politicians from both parties haven't been doing a good job of that! Your Bush comment is not even worthy of a respone.

Quote:
Are you trying to say that gun owners are the difference between having a Constitution and total chaos?

Do you honestly think that a government who would make such a big power grab like repealing the 2nd and proceeds to ban and possibly confiscate all guns from American citizens is going to let you keep your other rights? Why would they? What would give them the incentive to do so? An unarmed society is a subjegated society! The founders knew this! Learn from history, and what is currently going on in the world. I know it doesn't fit with your agenda, but that is the way it is! Furthermore, keep an eye on the situation in Europe with their "refugee" problem! Those who are over there are already causing problems, and just wait! It's going to get a lot worse! I'll bet those Europeans are going to wish that they had better means to protect themselves from a**backwards ideology that is trying to be forced upon them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies