Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2015, 12:01 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,724,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafficCory View Post
Exactly. You just made the point for the scared liberal English teacher who turned this poor little brown boy in. She has no idea about electronics, or how boys curious nature leads us to tinker with stuff. Her immediate thought was, I don't know what it is, I'm scared, call in the mean tough people who can take care of this. Since she's suspended her own agency and has little in the way of critical thinking and free thought outside of emotionally reaction to her environment.
She should have just asked the student what the electronic item was. If the student was in her class, I hope she had a rapport with him. I wouldn't hesitate to ask my students what something is.

She doesn't have any business being a teacher based on her reaction.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:06 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,457,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
She should have just asked the student what the electronic item was. If the student was in her class, I hope she had a rapport with him. I wouldn't hesitate to ask my students what something is.

lol..Her reaction..THE KID WAS THE DUMBASS HERE!!!!!!!!!!! There was no reason for him to even bring the thing in. He knew exactly what he was doing, it was a stunt for money and fame.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:09 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,724,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
lol..Her reaction..THE KID WAS THE DUMBASS HERE!!!!!!!!!!! There was no reason for him to even bring the thing in. He knew exactly what he was doing, it was a stunt for money and fame.
Wow, you must not know kids very well. My students bring in their art projects and creations all the time. Why? Because they are proud of their accomplishments (as well they should be). Some kids have crappy parents and don't have anyone to show their accomplishments to at home.

The kid just wanted to show off his creation to friends and teachers. If he really wanted it to look like a bomb, he would have painted some paper towel cardboard tubes red and stuck in there.

A student last year made a painting for my classroom. I guess I should have checked the paint dust for lead or anthrax...

You really think a kid created a "bomb" looking device for money and fame? Get real...

Old 09-18-2015, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Wow, you must not know kids very well. My students bring in their art projects and creations all the time. Why? Because they are proud of their accomplishments (as well they should be). Some kids have crappy parents and don't have anyone to show their accomplishments to at home.

The kid just wanted to show off his creation to friends and teachers. If he really wanted it to look like a bomb, he would have painted some paper towel cardboard tubes red and stuck in there.

A student last year made a painting for my classroom. I guess I should have checked the paint dust for lead or anthrax...

You really think a kid created a "bomb" looking device for money and fame? Get real...
Yes I do..He knew it looked like one and even admitted to it. Why else would he make it like that? I bet his parents put him up to it. I also bet he got the schematics from his dads bob making manual.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:31 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,717,044 times
So sad to see so much bigotry on this site.

He built a clock. Loves engineering. It wasn't a fake bomb. It was based on a do it yourself plan.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:33 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,717,044 times
Quote:
Yes I do..He knew it looked like one and even admitted to it. Why else would he make it like that? I bet his parents put him up to it. I also bet he got the schematics from his dads bob making manual.
It's so interesting to see people who've lived isolated lives, never been around Muslims or black people and think they're all scary.

So foreign to my cosmopolitan life experience. Ibdorget these people are still out there.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:39 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,458,112 times
Quote:
Nonsense! Red state mentality!
What you are saying is the kid is a terrorist. You overlooked the fact that he wanted to show everybody what he built including his Engineering and English teachers... Look here teach, let me show you my bomb

Old 09-18-2015, 12:43 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,967,937 times
Quote:
Oh stop..The kid did nothing smart from the getgo. All he did was take apart a damn digital clock and put the parts into a suitcase. BFD. Why a suitcase? I know why and so do you. Stop defending this ass.
Seems like you must know more than everyone else. This is from ABC News:

Quote:
Police declined to seek any charges against Ahmed Mohamed, but his arrest and suspension ignited a wave of criticism of police and the school and raised suspicions that they had overreacted because of the boy's religion.

"I built the clock to impress my teacher, but when I showed it to her, she thought it was a threat to her. So it was really sad she took the wrong impression of it," Ahmed said at a news conference in front of his family's home.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
It's so interesting to see people who've lived isolated lives, never been around Muslims or black people and think they're all scary.

So foreign to my cosmopolitan life experience. Ibdorget these people are still out there.
Funny that you bought this whole thing hook line and sinker. His father is a Muslim rabble rouser activist. This entire thing was a setup from the beginning and you don't even know any better.

Old 09-18-2015, 12:51 PM

4,288 posts, read 2,063,463 times
Quote:

I believe her reaction was entirely appropriate.

1) She doesn't know enough to know if it a bomb
2) If because of her limited knowledge she was wrong and it actually was a bomb then what
3) It looked enough like a bomb to a layman (myself included) to be suspicious
4) What if it was the mechanism but without the explosives. He says it is a clock she believes him, she tells him to put it back in his backpack and later he attaches it to explosives he had previously put in his locker.
5) There is a rule against bomb hoaxes
6) I believe the school year is young so she may not have developed a rapport with the student
7) Even if she had a rapport with the student people can trick you.
8) I don't think she knew he had already shown it to the other teacher.
9) None of this has anything to do with his having a Muslim name or being brown. I suspect my kids would have experienced similar things. One did get in trouble once for pointing a finger at another student like a gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies