Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 08:31 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,624,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artliquide View Post
I am personally pro-life, which is why I have a son. I think that it's sad that many women use abortion as birth control.

However, I do think that the government needs to stay out of personal moral issues. We are a nation of individuals with diverse views of the world, and so no one, especially our government has the right to decide what we do with our own bodies and lives.

I just ignore the billboards. People and groups can state their opinions, and I can ignore them. I would draw the line at including grotesque images on billboards though.
Thank you. It's nice to see a good voice of reason when it come to abortion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 02:01 PM

410 posts, read 514,992 times
I had an abortion. I believe I made the biggest mistake of my life because I thought about myself instead of a child that doesn't have a mind of his own yet. I do believe abortion should be banned. It doesn't matter what the woman's story is. She should not think of herself instead of the innocent child.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:11 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,658,282 times
It should be banned now that you got to take advantage of that right. Got it.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:23 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
I am a resident also, but born in Europe. When I see anti-choice billboards it just ticks me off, how dare people push their religious beliefs on the rest of us, that have different beliefs. And no, a fetus at 8 weeks is not the equivalent to a baby to me. It is a potential baby, but no more a baby than an egg is a chicken.
I don't need anyone to try and control my body. I am getting older and soon this won't be an issue to me, but I feel women should always have a choice. Those that don't believe in abortions aren't forced to have them....women have found ways to end pregnancy forever, nothing will ever stop it. The only thing that would change is that low income women would have more children (and then watch them all whine about having to pay welfare to support all these mothers with children) and the well to do women would leave the country or find a discreet doctor to do the procedure.

The pushier and more obnoxious these people get, the more determined I get to fight for choice.

The religious nuts in this country are really quite scary, something I never encountered to this degree while living in Germany.
Who said it had to be a religious belief? What about simply saying moral. Just because someone feels it is wrong to kill a growing baby for convenience of the mother doesnt mean they are religious...just moral.

As far as more low income women with children on welfare...(and as you say people "whining" about it)....why cant those women just act like responsible adults?

Old 02-05-2009, 02:32 PM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
That seems a little odd, since you have enthusiastically claimed the personal right to shoot to death on the spot any adult who might enter into your home unwanted.

How?

Are you saying that, in a libs mind, an innocent baby = unwanted criminal intruder?

Seems right to me. Save the innocent baby....punish the adult criminal. But...noooo....for the typical ultra lib its 1) let irresponsible mother do what she wants by 2) killing a life and 3) keep murderers from death sentences.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies