Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 10:36 AM

231 posts, read 213,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
Why are people on C-D reporting on all negative incidents that involve black people? Rhetorical. Can we get equal coverage with white people, please?
Here you go - Boston's 'Baby Doe' case: Mom, boyfriend face charges - CNN.com

Old 09-19-2015, 10:55 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,096,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
So seemingly each and every white cop on black person incident warrants national media attention these days. My question is why isn't an incident like below receiving equal attention:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89qVmi8Wf9o

Black on black incidents like this happen EVERY SINGLE DAY yet where are all these Black Lives Matter people to protest this and call this outrageous and call for behavior like this be stopped ASAP? How come this black student's life who's being beaten literally into convulsions DOESN'T MATTER to the BLM movement? What if this same black student was beaten just as badly by a white cop, why would his life suddenly matter to the BLM people then??

And according to here:

Baltimore high school student Sean Johnson charged with attempted murder | Daily Mail Online

So just as with many other violent black on black incidents, the victim was assaulted over a NOTHING ISSUE.

As I've asked before, why are blacks and the BLM people SO SELECTIVE as to which black lives matter to them and which don't? The daily, incessant, non-stop black on black violence means NOTHING to them and all the black victims from black on black violence also mean NOTHING to them. But hey, have a white cop or a non-black person lay a finger on a black person and then suddenly that black life is as precious as a 24k diamond.

So when will the BLM people admit that they're HYPOCRITES and either start caring for ALL black lives or stop yelling at law enforcement and non-blacks to care about black lives when time and again they CLEARLY SHOW that they don't give a damn themselves about their own kind.
I didn't read the entirety of your huge rant, but I will answer briefly and simply:

There is a difference between a police officer-- a public servant-- murdering a member of the public, and a member of the public hurting another member of the public.

We pay police officers to protect us. So when they end up killing people, that is kinda sorta a big deal.

If you do not understand that, then I cannot help you.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:03 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,889,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The Black Lives Matter protesters come out when a black person is beaten or killed and no one is arrested for it....if someone was arrested in this case there is no need for Black Lives Matter to protest. What would they be protesting, the arrest??? Sheesh.
Also, Black Lives Matter is concerned with structural issues, not individual people's problems. This incident was about kids with temper problems fighting over teenage drama. Not in the same league.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:05 AM

5,347 posts, read 7,202,045 times
There have been stop the violence rallies and protests in black neighborhoods going back to the 1980's it's just the news media never covers them.

And 99% of the people who bring up "black on black crime" could give 2 s*** about it, it's simply a deflection tactic used to stop any discussion on state sworn in officials murdering people

Old 09-19-2015, 11:09 AM

6,454 posts, read 9,818,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
End.

Thread.

The obsession some people have with blacks is pretty disturbing. Seek help.
That's why I have to laugh at the BLM and its supporters. So it's okay if a black man kills a black man as long as someone is arrested ? No need to protest ?

How about protesting the violence itself and stop the black on anything crime ? How about trying to stop the issues before police have to be involved ?

That's why I will always laugh at the BLM movement lol priorities are so skewed it's funny.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:25 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning View Post
That's why I have to laugh at the BLM and its supporters. So it's okay if a black man kills a black man as long as someone is arrested ? No need to protest ?

How about protesting the violence itself and stop the black on anything crime ? How about trying to stop the issues before police have to be involved ?

That's why I will always laugh at the BLM movement lol priorities are so skewed it's funny.
Are you kidding me with this? Who has said black on black crime is okay? Give me ONE source??

Have you not read the above responses?

Black on black crime is discussed and actions taken to stop in black communities, I've been apart of it, myself but it doesn't drive ratings like a white cop/black kid controversy does, so it never becomes national news.

HOW CAN YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT?

I just love posters who've never been in a black neighborhood for more than 5 minutes in their lives are always so sure they know what the hell actually goes on in them.

I swear, C-D has posters on payroll that are intentionally obtuse.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
The Black Lives Matter protesters come out when a black person is beaten or killed and no one is arrested for it....if someone was arrested in this case there is no need for Black Lives Matter to protest. What would they be protesting, the arrest??? Sheesh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by P47P47 View Post
I don't know about national coverage, but it's getting plenty of attention locally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac1 View Post
Why are people on C-D reporting on all negative incidents that involve black people? Rhetorical. Can we get equal coverage with white people, please? Whites may commit crimes less per capita, because their poverty disparity isn't as great as black people, but they do commit crimes and there are more of them and they commit more of the totally crime in this country, but you'd swear that all white people in America are angels with no social problems if you only read C-D......and listened to Fox News!

Give it a rest race-baiters.

BLM has legitimate beef. Of course they are not right all of the time. Of course they have people who are exploiting situations for their own agenda, but to act as if there is no cause to bring the treatment of blacks by the police under a microscope for review is ridiculous; and then to continue to post things that have nothing to do with BLM is even more ridiculous.

It has been/continues to be acknowledge a many of times about crime in black communities by black people perpetrated on black people......but I guess you wouldn't know that because you don't know any black people and all of those discussions don't fit your agenda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srsmn View Post
I didn't read the entirety of your huge rant, but I will answer briefly and simply:

There is a difference between a police officer-- a public servant-- murdering a member of the public, and a member of the public hurting another member of the public.

We pay police officers to protect us. So when they end up killing people, that is kinda sorta a big deal.

If you do not understand that, then I cannot help you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Also, Black Lives Matter is concerned with structural issues, not individual people's problems. This incident was about kids with temper problems fighting over teenage drama. Not in the same league.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
There have been stop the violence rallies and protests in black neighborhoods going back to the 1980's it's just the news media never covers them.

And 99% of the people who bring up "black on black crime" could give 2 s*** about it, it's simply a deflection tactic used to stop any discussion on state sworn in officials murdering people

Read these posts and educate yourselves, for once in your life.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:30 AM

4,627 posts, read 3,397,342 times
What is shocking to me is that people like the OP think there is no difference between a regular citizen beating up another citizen vs. a law enforcement officer abusing his power against a presumably innocent citizen he is presumably hired to protect.

My conclusion: OP is just really dumb/ignorant or just a race baiter or both.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:30 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Read these posts and educate yourselves, for once in your life.
Maybe everyone should just avoid reading the daily news.
Especially in places like NYC where 75% of the murders are done by just a minority of people.

Old 09-19-2015, 11:42 AM

I wonder if this guy posts on C-D.

Cliff notes for those who won't click the thread because it won't jive with their narrative: white guy vandalizes his own truck with BLM/anti-police propaganda, then files false police report. Oh, then a GoFundMe was set up, and of course, people donated.

Cops: Texas Dad Vandalized Own Truck with Anti-police Messages

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies