Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 12:23 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Would you have felt better if he said big tip? Why don't we focus on the big things like Hillary and her personal email server, using the office of Secretary Of State to enrich her Clinton foundation...
There are a ton of threads already discussing those issues. Go there if that's what you want to talk about. I'd say if it's important enough for the GOP front runner to have made it his signature issue, and the one issue that made him the front runner to begin with, it's important enough to discuss in its own thread.

Old 09-19-2015, 12:24 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Would you have felt better if he said big tip? Why don't we focus on the big things like Hillary and her personal email server, using the office of Secretary Of State to enrich her Clinton foundation...
Antonio Villaraigosa the far left ex Democrat Mayor of Los Angeles says they clean your toilets!
But thirty pieces of silver welfare programs have them still selling their souls for the dole and vote Democrat.
Follow the easy money.
No dole no Democrats.

Old 09-19-2015, 12:26 PM

592 posts, read 502,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Thank you for making my point. When you say the word Hispanic to most Republicans they can only think of housekeepers, maids, dishwashers, lawn care workers. That, to them, is what being Hispanic means--the hired help. They have no concept of Latinos beyond their own narrow stereotypes.
They just do not get it....

Old 09-19-2015, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Antonio Villaraigosa the far left ex Democrat Mayor of Los Angeles says they clean your toilets!
But thirty pieces of silver welfare programs have them still selling their souls for the dole and vote Democrat.
Follow the easy money.
No dole no Democrats.
Does your wife clean hotel rooms or toilets? Is she here only for the freebies? Do you like that people stereotype her like that?

Old 09-19-2015, 12:28 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,041,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nineball View Post
They just do not get it....
Thankfully you liberals do. You're smart. You're above the masses. You're part of the club. You know this because you're assured that you are every day by television and social media.

Old 09-19-2015, 12:39 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,273,721 times
Default True for most, not all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tairos View Post
Hispanics will never vote Republican because Republicans can't out-Democrat the Democrats at handing them the white man's things. It's not any more complicated than that.
This, in a nutshell, is correct for most, but not all by any means. I am Latino, Hispanic, Mexican/American, whatever you want to call it. Mom from Mexico, dad from US, but grandparents from Mexico. Yet I am conservative, always have been. My parents who are/were Democrats would be considered moderate Republicans in this day and age.

What I know from my family, including relatives, is that many of "my people" are simply ignorant of politics, and how policies affect their lives. They are not money experts, they have no concept of how money can work for one if invested over time, vs spending 12K on a set of rims, or a new truck costing 60K now.

They don't see the flow of money, the have no clue how their money is spent, why it gets spent, why it is taken, they just know they get a check, and taxes are taken out. Not realizing their political support for most Democrat policies is draining their finances.

My people are like cows, and chickens. Anyone who's been on a farm knows that chickens come running when you walk in the coup with a bucket of grain; cows trot and follow the truck and know the farmer is going to crack open a bail of hay. The Latino democrats do the same thing, the Democrat politicians are the farmer, throwing out all those goodies. The cows and chickens don't think about anything, they just want their food.

So yes, most people who receive public assistance, or are here illegally don't want the gravy train to stop, and President Obama is the engineer.

Old 09-19-2015, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
This, in a nutshell, is correct for most, but not all by any means. I am Latino, Hispanic, Mexican/American, whatever you want to call it. Mom from Mexico, dad from US, but grandparents from Mexico. Yet I am conservative, always have been. My parents who are/were Democrats would be considered moderate Republicans in this day and age.

What I know from my family, including relatives, is that many of "my people" are simply ignorant of politics, and how policies affect their lives. They are not money experts, they have no concept of how money can work for one if invested over time, vs spending 12K on a set of rims, or a new truck costing 60K now.

They don't see the flow of money, the have no clue how their money is spent, why it gets spent, why it is taken, they just know they get a check, and taxes are taken out. Not realizing their political support for most Democrat policies is draining their finances.

My people are like cows, and chickens. Anyone who's been on a farm knows that chickens come running when you walk in the coup with a bucket of grain; cows trot and follow the truck and know the farmer is going to crack open a bail of hay. The Latino democrats do the same thing, the Democrat politicians are the farmer, throwing out all those goodies. The cows and chickens don't think about anything, they just want their food.

So yes, most people who receive public assistance, or are here illegally don't want the gravy train to stop, and President Obama is the engineer.
All of this could apply equally to many Americans, who have no clue about how to handle money or to make it grow and have little understanding of how finances work. Your relatives are not unique in that sense.

There are many who vote Republican and yet depend on public assistance to live as well. It is red states who draw the most federal welfare, but these people are easily distracted by shiny objects like gay marriage or abortion that the right wing politicians dangle in front of their eyes, and are not bright enough to realize they are voting for the very politicians who want to take the benefits they live off of away from them. Then they delude themselves into thinking they are any different from the people you describe above. They aren't.

And if you think this all began under Obama you are either delusional or hyperpartisan.

Last edited by JAMS14; 09-19-2015 at 01:21 PM..

Old 09-19-2015, 01:02 PM

9,848 posts, read 8,283,089 times
Quote:
Does your wife clean hotel rooms or toilets? Is she here only for the freebies? Do you like that people stereotype her like that?
Actually she pays lots of taxes as do I and she probably out earns you several times over. She is a hard worker and smart. Unlike others hasn't been on social programs either.

She is in the top few% of earners.
We get to hear all the stories of abuse of the welfare state with people all the time though.

We know of people who paid $600 to fake papers regarding work to come here under Reagan's amnesty to qualify when they were not even here.
People on disability where the wife won't work and they send money for an estate they are buying in Mexico.
Moms who use their children to get child support, EBT and everything else.
Most all the women in our California Hospitals are illegal Hispanics dropping babies.
My niece who is a nurse puts the numbers at 90%. We have a problem. This could not happen in Mexico, we need to copy and apply the Mexican immigration laws to Mexicans here.
They are 55% of all illegals, then more Hispanics followed by various Asians and Middle Easterners.
All over the dole access.

Dole = vote for Democrat Party and you know it.

Old 09-19-2015, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Actually she pays lots of taxes as do I and she probably out earns you several times over. She is a hard worker and smart. Unlike others hasn't been on social programs either.

She is in the top few% of earners.
Good for her. But many people on this board will only hear the word Mexican and will jump to certain assumptions about your wife that are less than flattering. And if you don't believe that, go back and read through this thread.

That is the point I was making with the OP. You and your wife, more than anyone else, should be disappointed by Kasich's remarks. But your hyperpartisanship will not allow you to see it.

Old 09-19-2015, 01:16 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Good for her. But many people on this board will only hear the word Mexican and will jump to certain assumptions about your wife that are less than flattering. And if you don't believe that, go back and read through this thread.

That is the point I was making with the OP. You and your wife, more than anyone else, should be disappointed by Kasich's remarks. But your hyperpartisanship will not allow you to see it.
You seem the be the leading offender when it comes to jumping to assumptions about his wife.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies