Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 09:21 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,650,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
I'm not advocating shutting down the government, but making the assumption that "nobody else really cares what a woman does with her body" is a stretch. If a woman signs up for her own body to be sliced and diced for someones profit, fine and dandy. But we aren't just talking about her body are we? Religious people are not the only ones who found those videos disgusting.
I would be concerned about anyone that did not find those videos disgusting. Abortion is barbaric in the first place but using innocent children's body parts for medical is taking it to a new level.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:24 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Why have a problem with differences of opinion? The Republican party has many problems. The abortion issue is just one of many. "Fetus's body"? Really?
I thought Democrats were supposed to be educated people. They are certainly not using the woman's body. The fetus is a separate human. I thought I would explain it since your education seems to be lacking.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:25 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,233,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I would be concerned about anyone that did not find those videos disgusting. Abortion is barbaric in the first place but using innocent children's body parts for medical is taking it to a new level.
Exactly. And the people who mock that point of view are generally the same ones that would throw someone in jail for abusing a dog. Not that I would agree with abusing an animal, but I can have just as much empathy for a human being. They do not.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:26 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,463,472 times
Quote:
Granted, they may develop cures to diseases this way that may save you and your kids and countless future generations...

Old 09-21-2015, 09:31 PM

Quote:
I thought Democrats were supposed to be educated people. They are certainly not using the woman's body. The fetus is a separate human. I thought I would explain it since your education seems to be lacking.
Darlin', I will put my Masters in Health Care against your degree any day of the week. But I think we are talking at cross purposes. I am not a Democrat, therefore I do realize the child is a separate being that does not deserve to be cut up for parts like a car in a chop shop.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:38 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Granted, they may develop cures to diseases this way that may save you and your kids and countless future generations...
Thank you! I will keep my disease if that is the way they find a cure for it. What has happened to the morals of this generation. Human life seems to have no value to many people at all these days. Maybe if we would go back to the time where life was precious, we wouldn't have war in the streets of our larger cities.

That is the way moral society crumbles. You call murdering a baby "a woman's right to choose" because that sounds better than saying you are taking a life; then here comes mercy killings because someone is sick. Next thing you know parents are killing their own offspring for revenge on the other parent.

What's next? Get rid of the old people because they have lived too long to be useful anymore. It's a slippery slope and America is on a fast slide.

Toryturner, I didn't realize you were being sarcastic. People murdering babies and then arguing they have a right to do so because Roe vs. Wade makes me so mad I could probably chew nails. Idiots, every one of them. Not one ounce of moral fiber in the lot of them.

Last edited by NCN; 09-21-2015 at 09:51 PM..

Old 09-21-2015, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Thank you! I will keep my disease if that is the way they find a cure for it. What has happened to the morals of this generation. Human life seems to have no value to many people at all these days. Maybe if we would go back to the time where life was precious, we wouldn't have war in the streets of our larger cities.

That is the way moral society crumbles. You call murdering a baby "a woman's right to choose" because that sounds better than saying you are taking a life; then here comes mercy killings because someone is sick. Next thing you know parents are killing their own offspring for revenge on the other parent.

What's next? Get rid of the old people because they have lived too long to be useful anymore. It's a slippery slope and America is on a fast slide.

Toryturner, I didn't realize you were being sarcastic.
I realized after I posted my comment. Sorry

Old 09-21-2015, 09:57 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,463,472 times
Quote:
And just how do you think all of the medicine and medical science that you take for granted and yet benefit from was developed?

When you or your loved ones step into a hospital, the procedures that are being done and the products that are given to improve and even save your lives was all developed on the legacy of cadavers, both human and other animals. That is just the reality of how this all works. And I HIGHLY doubt that you or your family members would spurn it if there is available treatment for an acute condition affecting you.

You can dislike abortion, but decoupled from that, when a person is dead, they're dead. At least their remains can do some good to help future generations. That is why we designate donation of organs and tissues on our driver's licenses and why some parents may make the decision to donate the tissue from their deceased children for medical research, no matter under what circumstances they passed away.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:00 PM

4,477 posts, read 3,831,450 times
And you think the Democrats are any better? They are far left extremists.

Old 09-21-2015, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
And just how do you think all of the medicine and medical science that you take for granted and yet benefit from was developed?

When you or your loved ones step into a hospital, the procedures that are being done and the products that are given to improve and even save your lives was all developed on the legacy of cadavers, both human and other animals. That is just the reality of how this all works. And I HIGHLY doubt that you or your family members would spurn it if there is available treatment for an acute condition affecting you.

You can dislike abortion, but decoupled from that, when a person is dead, they're dead. At least their remains can do some good to help future generations. That is why we designate donation of organs and tissues on our driver's licenses and why some parents may make the decision to donate the tissue from their deceased children for medical research, no matter under what circumstances they passed away.
Pardon me, but isn't that what the Nazi's said as they pulled the gold out of the dead Jews teeth? They're dead. They don't need them. Just sayin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies