Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2015, 11:29 AM

31,084 posts, read 22,107,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seagrape Grove View Post
Yes, I understand perfectly A former female who is a transgendered male and now really is a male (in liberal thought) but if he is still attracted to women after becoming a man, he is a "gay transgender". Ditto the opposite--the once-male who was attracted to women but transgendered to female and is still attracted to women after becoming a female is now a "straight transgender". Got it.
And those on the Left expect the majority of straight people to be familiar with the 0.25% of the population who are TG familiar to follow that That's like knowing how those on the Religous Right interpret the Bible. Who knows and who cares

Last edited by LS Jaun; 09-24-2015 at 12:47 PM..

Old 09-24-2015, 02:01 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
It is a two way street, the transgender customer has the freedom to find a business that will accept them. They have the freedom to complain about it if they can't. They also have the freedom to start their own business.

The customer has the right to pick and choose what business's they want to go ot, that shouldn't necessarily mean the business is required to provide them service.

I can carte less what my customers do, what color they are or what their politics are. I'm a live and let live kind of guy. Today most of business is done over the phone/web and in the past on the phone and at the customers home. Their actions would not affect me anyway. My only concern is the color of their money.
Just like the black people have the right to go elsewhere? I swear, bigotry knows no common sense.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
And those on the Left expect the majority of straight people to be familiar with the 0.25% of the population who are TG familiar to follow that That's like knowing how those on the Religous Right interpret the Bible. Who knows and who cares
So so people ask you about your genitalia? When it comes to wondering if a transgender person is man or woman, go off what gender they portray and try not to worry about their genitalia unless you are in a relationship with a person.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:39 PM

24 posts, read 20,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
These customers were there every week, they too were usual customers. Also what is a "usual customer?" Does that mean one cannot go someplace new because it might scare off the "usual customers?"

A business runs off money and to make money they need customers to enter and spend money. A bar wants more than just the "usual customers," it also wants those that are new to the place so that more people so up and the business makes more money. Asking paying customers to leave and not come back is the opposite of this.

And again, if you replace transgender with Christian, and then right wingers would go nuts about religious rights.
Your right maybe usual isn't the right word. How about majority? If the majority of people in the bar feel uncomfortable then you should have a right to ask someone to leave. I also agree that a bar wants new people to come to the bar but if two new people start coming to a bar and make the MAJORITY of people uncomfortable then they will infact be losing business not making more money. Religious rights are already being taking away and people are getting told what they must do.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:48 PM

Quote:
So so people ask you about your genitalia? When it comes to wondering if a transgender person is man or woman, go off what gender they portray and try not to worry about their genitalia unless you are in a relationship with a person.
Sorry dude, we can only pretend that we are something other then we are born with. I'm not even saying it's wrong, just weird. How can what occurs normally in such a small percent of the population get so much attention.

Old 09-24-2015, 03:03 PM

2,982 posts, read 4,103,309 times
Quote:
Well thank you for your "scientific research" there, "doctor."

There is also no scientific research that shows religion is anything more than a mental disorder, but it too is a protected class.

Also, I love when right wingers support discrimination when it is discrimination they agree with, but if these were Christians you would be foaming at the mouth to have the head of this bar owner.
The problem with your flawed logic is that I am not a Christian. If anything, I am Agnostic. Atheism is just another religion, IMHO.

Not many arguments can be won by blaming god, pal.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadytoleaveFL View Post
Your right maybe usual isn't the right word. How about majority? If the majority of people in the bar feel uncomfortable then you should have a right to ask someone to leave. I also agree that a bar wants new people to come to the bar but if two new people start coming to a bar and make the MAJORITY of people uncomfortable then they will infact be losing business not making more money. Religious rights are already being taking away and people are getting told what they must do.
So if a group of Christians enter a business, we have the right to ask them to leave because they make us feel uncomfortable? Yeah, I don't think so, which is why your idea is nonsense and illegal, especially in the state of Oregon.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Sorry dude, we can only pretend that we are something other then we are born with. I'm not even saying it's wrong, just weird. How can what occurs normally in such a small percent of the population get so much attention.
I think it is weird that people believe in fictional people and treat these fictional people as gods, but I don't think it is wrong. I also don't think genetics are that simple, I think the average human brain tries to over simplify anything it doesn't understand.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
The problem with your flawed logic is that I am not a Christian. If anything, I am Agnostic. Atheism is just another religion, IMHO.

Not many arguments can be won by blaming god, pal.
So that is what you took from that? I guess you make a valid point, bigotry can be found with those that are agnostic and atheist as well.

Old 09-24-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
I think it is weird that people believe in fictional people and treat these fictional people as gods, but I don't think it is wrong. I also don't think genetics are that simple, I think the average human brain tries to over simplify anything it doesn't understand.
"I think it is weird that people believe in fictional people and treat these fictional people as gods"

God(s) are weird and a mass psychosis if your ask me, but TGs are an outlyer in the general population, doesn't need so much attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies