Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 08:24 AM

7,246 posts, read 7,079,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Yippie, skippy.

Honestly, most Kentucky Democrats, including the current governor, are monumental DINOs. When I lived there my longtime Democratic representative to the state legislature was unapologetically against abortion, birth control, SSM, and for voter ID, capital punishment, prayer in school, and states' rights. They are only Democrats because their Mama and Daddy were, just like their parents were before them.
^this

20+ years living there showed me that being a democrat in ky was laughable. If you understand what happened in the south to democrats during the civil rights movement then you understand how they became ideologically republican but never switched parties.

Most local government positions are fought between several democratic candidates and no one runs as a republican, even when they all lean politically republican. DINO is rampant.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:29 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,630,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
SO what are your fellow dems problem then? And why would this be news if it was SO known...
I'm not a democrat.

What was that you were saying about "assuming?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Obviously the OP had NO clue...
I've re-read that OP a half dozen times, and can not find one thing about it that suggests that. And I've read enough posts by the OP to know that he is very well aware of it.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:34 AM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
I'm not a democrat.

What was that you were saying about "assuming?"

Of course you are not, that's why you went on that ignorant rant a while ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert_The_Crocodile View Post
I've re-read that OP a half dozen times, and can not find one thing about it that suggests that. And I've read enough posts by the OP to know that he is very well aware of it.

Then why did he post it? Because it news to him that she was a dem....

Anyway, you have fun assuming about all the people that disagree with you, you deserve it....

Old 09-27-2015, 08:38 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,758,251 times
I'm an New Deal type trade union economic liberal and I have voted straight Democratic tickets all my life. But I think the party is no longer looking out for working people and is also on the wrong side of the abortion and gun control issues. This gives the Republicans, who are actively anti working people, the opportunity to pose as friends of the common man.

I think the bourgeois types who are Democrats on social issues will abandon the party and vote their pocketbook and class, that is vote Republican, once their social battles are won. But economic battles always continue.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:41 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
Well I'm not surprised after Huckabee used her for his own purposes of trying to raise his numbers with evangelicals by getting on stage with her and making a fool of himself. That is where she belongs along with her hayseed husband.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:44 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Thumbs up Kim Davis Switches to GOP

She'll feel much more at home among her own kind.

Old 09-27-2015, 08:55 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,758,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Well I'm not surprised after Huckabee used her for his own purposes of trying to raise his numbers with evangelicals by getting on stage with her and making a fool of himself. That is where she belongs along with her hayseed husband.
This is what I mean. Would a real liberal, a true progressive, call a person a hayseed? Is bias based on social class or where someone lives now OK with liberals?

Old 09-27-2015, 09:01 AM

3,887 posts, read 5,748,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
This is what I mean. Would a real liberal, a true progressive, call a person a hayseed? Is bias based on social class or where someone lives now OK with liberals?
Bias is always ok if it is a liberal doing it, how do you not know that by now?

Old 09-27-2015, 09:39 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default Who cares?

She was NEVER a Democrat. Glad she finally got it right.

She obviously is an example of a person who goes BACKWARDS as they age.

Old 09-27-2015, 09:41 AM

1,584 posts, read 2,085,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
With this attitude you are acting like a Democrat......funny how she is getting blamed for following laws that were in place WHEN she took the job, elected by the PEOPLE!
I know (I think) your response was in jest, but social issues have blurred the lines among political parties so much that it's stupid. I feel like when I say I'm a Republican people must think I'm some dumb hillbilly racist who hates gays and wants to vomit when I see Caitlyn Jenner. Not so much. I'm actually more-or-less an atheist, in favor of legal immigration and I support gay marriage but OH NO I'm a Republican so I'm clearly an evil person who has no voice of reason. I don't care a lot about social issues. Cool, gays can get married. I don't care. Live and let live. No reason gay couples shouldn't have the same privileges as everyone else. The reason I identify as Republican is because of fiscal reasons, not social ones that get all the attention on Facebook and Twitter.

But anyway, Kim Davis sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies