Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Army Traitor Bowe Bergdahl Go To Prison
Yes One Year 6 5.08%
Yes Five Years 10 8.47%
Yes Ten or More years 66 55.93%
No Prison 10 8.47%
No Prison. He already spent his time in hell. 11 9.32%
No Prison He's a hero. 5 4.24%
other 9 7.63%
not sure 1 0.85%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 12:13 PM

57,311 posts, read 26,228,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The bottom line is you simply could NOT prove Bergdahl's desertion did not cause these unnecessary death. I have posted many links to prove that there is a BIG POSSIBILITY that these soldiers' death was the result of his action. All you have to do is go back and read those links.

It seems like you refuse to even accept the POSSIBILITY, you just choose to believe what you want to believe.

Bolded = a big insult to people who simply have different opinions than yours. I guess a simple, "you have no skin in the game, so you need to shut up" is your solution for everything it is not.

Like it or not, admit it or not, there are many who are committed to serving their country. Bergdahl's action is a big slap in the face to those who have skin in the game, so yeah, maybe you should think about those who actually serve honorably before making the bolded statement.

LOL I think I am an easy target because i have never served. You have dodged many questions from veterans who actually served in this thread. Maybe you are afraid of answering their questions

Don't worry, I never served, but I liked to talk. I have very thick skin, and nothing you say to me will change my mind about this deserter.

At least, people like us know we don't have what it takes to serve in the armed forces, so we will never pretend to be a tough guy or a tough girl, but you know what? We still have every single right to voice our opinion, have skin in the game or not.

At least, I will never join the military just to drag anybody down. I am not that evil.
I respect you opinion but it was not mean to be disparaging. The lack of committment by the other 99% particularly congressmen that are willing to send people off to war but risk nothing in return should infuriate you.

But as far as Bergdahl I will wait for the outcome, there is really nothing further to add.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 12:16 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Was any of this offered as testimony at the hearing?
Read the report. Like I posted earlier, it should be offered as testimony at the hearing.

This is the bottom line, Bergdahl did not kill anybody directly, so no one can really prove his desertion is the direct result of these soldiers' death. This is the defense strategy. (one of my brothers is a civilian criminal defense attorney, I know a little about civilian law.)

As long as no one can prove Bergdahl caused unnecessary death, Bergdahl would be off the hook.

I just hope Bergdahl can live with this for the rest of his life. I certainly don't have to.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I respect you opinion but it was not mean to be disparaging. The lack of committment by the other 99% particularly congressmen that are willing to send people off to war but risk nothing in return should infuriate you.

But as far as Bergdahl I will wait for the outcome, there is really nothing further to add.
It does not matter. Once they are out there, they have to rely on each other for survival. My brother fought for the Marine next to him, not congress. Bergdahl betrayed his fellow soldiers, and he has to live with this for the rest of his life.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:23 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Interesting read:

The Politics of Military Justice, Bowe Bergdahl Edition | Foreign Policy

Old 10-30-2015, 12:26 PM

NOTHING changed the fact that he betrayed his fellow soldiers, he had to be punished. How? I don't know, but he definitely does not deserve a general discharge. It is a joke.

Old 10-30-2015, 03:59 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So if I understand you correctly she would have to have been there with Bergdahl to meet your standard of "first hand facts", statement by officers and others in his command are considered alleged second hand statements and meaningless.

So I guess the only way to meet your standard is for someone to have first hand information, but then doesn't that become second hand? LOL
If your allegations were true, what would that make your statements? Other than hate filled at least third hand complaints. You have no voracity for any of your comments to be taken seriously. Your imaginations is not admissible.

Once again, just leave.

Old 10-30-2015, 04:01 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,559,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Was any of this offered as testimony at the hearing?
Your want answers to your silly questions? Do some actual research for once and don't just make up further "evidence".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies