Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2015, 05:36 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
really?? went to school in the 60's poor black people treated like --- I could not get credit or buy my house - i was not going to even make the same as a man- I am now_- everyone I knew went to the Vietnam war killed our boyfriends- ladies had to burn the bras to get heard. tell what now??
Oh, I see to counter my remarks you can only bring up the negatives? Would it kill you to point out the positives instead? People were killed in the latest wars also. So you were saying? I don't count war as one of the positives of any generation. Today, our citizens are treated like crap while illegal aliens get all they want. Is that one of the positives of this generation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2015, 05:41 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Is it Time to Dissolve the United States?

There's no doubt that our country is in decline. British diplomat John Glubb said it best in his book called “The Fate of Empires and Search For Survival.”
I think Glubb left out some things. Like the US ain't an empire; we cut loose many of our overseas territories before most of us were born. In other words: if Cali, NY, Illinois and so on were still territories in 2015, Mr Glubb would be onto something.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:52 PM

3,055 posts, read 2,925,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
The way I see it, immigration, both legal and illegal has changed this country.
People immigrate here, and want things to be similar to the places they came from.
No one immigrating into this country in the last 25-35 years has even tried to assimilate to the American culture.
That's a good point; I'd never considered it. The way I see it, you come to America because you want to get away from where you came from. If you liked it so much where you were at, then stay there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
If someone powerful in this country doesn't step up to the plate soon, this country is going in the toilet, and soon.
It will happen. No empire on earth lasts forever. The end of this country is a fact. The only question is when. If not in our lifetime, perhaps in our children's; I don't think it is likely to continue much after that.

Old 10-20-2015, 05:53 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Outraged liberals can emigrate to the liberal country of their choice.

The outrage goes away with them.
You have no outrage over our deficits and debt?
You have no outrage of our trade deficits and everything we buy being made in China?
You have no outrage of the US dollar loosing value?
You have no outrage of America's credit rating being downgraded?

So what do the corporate republican politicians, Fox news, and Rush radio say we should be outraged about?

Old 10-20-2015, 06:50 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh, I see to counter my remarks you can only bring up the negatives? Would it kill you to point out the positives instead? People were killed in the latest wars also. So you were saying? I don't count war as one of the positives of any generation. Today, our citizens are treated like crap while illegal aliens get all they want. Is that one of the positives of this generation?
for women is better- you only bring up what relates to you- I mentioned that in those years we got to play freely- ride bikes- walk miles to school talking stupid stuff- and life was affordable- those were positives that related to me- I was not old and wise in those days. I did not see the whole picture - it was Disco time so looking back can only take me from my childhood to my fight as single mom-- gov't issues were more about wars... not immigration, wall street and globalization. I had more fun then but had to fight for my rights more too. where did we go wrong- drugs- ? greed- d-regulation? can't put it on the last 8 sorry

Old 10-20-2015, 07:02 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
1.Americans are NOT equal before the law. The rich get far better treatment in court.
2.The conservative right tries its best to infringe on our rights.
3.The government governs everyone.
Sigh.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:59 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
What parts of it should we restore?
Which part of "Federation" do you not understand?

Old 10-20-2015, 08:09 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,159,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
You have no outrage over our deficits and debt?
Occasional deficits when warranted are not problematic, especially when offset by occasional surpluses, but continued deficit spending is, since it leads to greater debt.

Quote:
You have no outrage of our trade deficits and everything we buy being made in China?
No, but I am outraged that you and your ilk destroyed the education system to the point that you are constantly two generations away from entering the 5th Level Economy. At this point, it no longer matters since R&D would just be outsourced to India and China.

Romanians cannot buy P&G products made in the US, but they can buy P&G products made in Romania.

The same is true for China, and India and about 132 other countries.

That's the whole point of putting factories in China. The efficiency allows for global export, including export to the US.

In a short time, Capital will be shifting to India and you'll be off-shoring jobs there, and then later you'll be offshoring jobs to Central Asia and to sub-Saharan Africa.

Your future for the next 60 years or so is very bleak.

Quote:
You have no outrage of the US dollar loosing value?
I am outraged by people who don't know the difference between "lose" and "loose."

So, the USD loses value and your Standard of Living and Life-Style decline.

You'll get used to it.

Quote:
You have no outrage of America's credit rating being downgraded?
No, it's just proof that Liberal tax and spend policies in an attempt to redistribute income doesn't work.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:10 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Which part of "Federation" do you not understand?
Well I am curious what part needs to be restored that we aren't currently using.

Old 10-20-2015, 08:12 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I'm inclined to agree. Too bad that neither the Democrats, or Republicans have any interest in doing that.
Because it's an incredibly broad statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies