Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 06:06 AM

2,529 posts, read 1,861,649 times

Advertisements

Abortion is understandable in cases of rape and when the pregnancy poses a risk to the mothers life but other than that abortion is selfish. The woman and the man chose to have sex which resulted in the pregnancy. If people don't want to become parents so bad then they should refrain from sex or pay for their own contraceptive devices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2015, 06:17 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,290,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
Abortion is understandable in cases of rape and when the pregnancy poses a risk to the mothers life but other than that abortion is selfish. The woman and the man chose to have sex which resulted in the pregnancy. If people don't want to become parents so bad then they should refrain from sex or pay for their own contraceptive devices.
The fetus is either life worth protecting or the fetus is something that can be disposed of for any reason no matter the act behind the creation. Otherwise you are just being a control freak and picking and choosing what someone does with "their body".

Old 10-24-2015, 06:23 AM

25,842 posts, read 16,521,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
The fetus is either life worth protecting or the fetus is something that can be disposed of for any reason no matter the act behind the creation. Otherwise you are just being a control freak and picking and choosing what someone does with "their body".
I agree. Abortion is always wrong. Maybe some instances makes it somewhat understandable but I would always advise a young woman to choose any other option than the medieval act of killing the child in the womb.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:23 AM

6,386 posts, read 6,274,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Then they'll whine and cry about 'microaggressions' when people call them sluts and whores.
As they should. You can get pregnant the first time you have sex. This hardly qualifies as a "****" or "*****."

Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
This was one of the responses in the comment section of the above linked article in the OP...

MY needs, MY wants, MY life. ME, ME, ME!
So she doesn't speak to her son or apparently have a relationship with him. I guess that means she regrets he is alive? What a horrible thing to say. What about his life?

Here's the thing. Having sex has consequences. One of those consequences is bringing a new life into the world. That changes your life and your plans. The father should ABSOLUTELY be an equal partner and share the load and responsibility as well.
I don't think abortion should be outlawed but it shouldn't be celebrated as some sort of empowerment either.

Nor should it be shamed and have to be kept secret.

What about "his potential life?" It certainly does not supersede "her own actual life."

A live baby should not be used as a "punishment" for having sex. That is a sure way to raise a very angry person, not a healthy one.

Sometimes, i don't know if people who think unfit parents should be having babies *just because* they got pregnant have really never met any bad parents, just don't understand the impact that bad parents have on children who inevitably grow up to be maladjusted adults.

And the hate rages on for such adults who lived in poverty, were beaten and/or sexually abused.

It's the GOP CIRCLE OF HATE. Most have 2 potential tracks:

1. Females who abort----->

VS

2. Females who do not abort yet need government funded food and income assistance------> Kids who *should have been aborted* who due to early abuse and neglect, grow up to kill themselves, kill others and/or be on public assistance--------> Females of this lot who do not abort yet need government funded food and income assistance----> Kids who should have been aborted.... -----> (Return to top. Repeat Cycle.)

Either way, most females are hated by the GOP.

Old 10-24-2015, 07:36 AM

6,386 posts, read 6,274,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
The American Taliban?

I assume this is supposed to paint the anti-abortionists as radicals who want to deprive women yada yada right?

Because if you can't take the life you created through your own irresponsibility then the rest of the rights you have might as well not even exist??

Jackasses
It is all their "yadda yadda" indeed. Glad you agree.

When men can become pregnant, then we can have an honest conversation about it. Why are no pro-birth movements seeking a way to remove a fetus from a woman and place in a male?? I would think this would solve many of your problems and be an excellent investment in resources!

And why all the planned Parenthood BS? Do you not realize that fertility doctors create and purposefully destroy multiple embryos daily??

Seriously, i would like an answer to this. As well as my question above regarding placing the "wanted" fetuses in the males bodies to be delivered by c-section. With all of the things we can do in medicine nowadays, do you really think we could not make a simple male uterus if we actually tried?

Think about it: They create embryos, freeze them, and DESTROY the ones not used! Yet barely a peep from the pro-birth movement!!

Why?

Why not bother such patients and MDs yet prey on the poor and vulnerable who need the services of PP?

Could it have something to do with, oh, IDK..... The wealth and class of people who use these services?

If not, what else please?

Old 10-24-2015, 07:39 AM

24,476 posts, read 17,215,678 times
"Shout your abortion" How stupid but who is actually surprised by this? It is the way this country is going.. down the drain of social decline.

Abortion is a deeply personal matter between the man and woman who are in that situation where hey have an unwanted pregnancy. More times than not the father is not around so it is up to the woman to make the decision on her own.

Abortion is every woman's right and it should not be taken away from her BUT to Shout about it?? HEY LOOK AT ME I KILLED A BABY !! That is just stupid.

How many couples who can't have a baby of their own are saddened by some loud mouthed jerk screaming she killed hers?

I don't know who or what to blame but our society is losing all tact, morality, empathy and respect for each other.

Old 10-24-2015, 08:31 AM

756 posts, read 424,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
A live baby should not be used as a "punishment" for having sex. That is a sure way to raise a very angry person, not a healthy one.

Sometimes, i don't know if people who think unfit parents should be having babies *just because* they got pregnant have really never met any bad parents, just don't understand the impact that bad parents have on children who inevitably grow up to be maladjusted adults.
A live baby is a potential consequence of the choice two people made to have unprotected sex.
A consequence, not a punishment. Sometimes we make choices that we have to live with or make the most of. Sometimes it works out better than we could have hoped, sometimes it does not.

I'm not a pro-lifer, I think abortion SHOULD be a choice and that fathers should also have a say in that choice since it's their child as well and they will be responsible under the law after the child is born.

I totally understand that it's a woman's body and she is the one who has to be pregnant for 9 months and give birth. But as it is now, women can decide that they are not ready to become a mother and that it would affect their life in negative ways and decide to have an abortion where men are simply responsible for the child with no such outlet.

Our laws regarding this are INSANE! Hermesmann v. Seyer was a precedent that is now now cited in U.S. child support guidelines which say that in every case that has addressed the issue the court has decided that an underage boy is liable for the support of his child even when the conception was the result of statutory rape by the mother.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermesmann_v._Seyer

Men have absolutely NO SAY in whether their own child is aborted or not but if they are victims of statutory rape when they are underage, they are STILL liable for child support.

So a hypothetical 16 year old female who decides that being a mother would negatively impact her future plans, and potential can have an abortion. A 16 year old male in the same situation is liable even if the child was a result of statutory rape! Wonderful.

As I said, I DO think abortion should be a choice but it should NOT be a choice taken lightly or celebrated on social media as some kind of empowerment. I don’t think women should be shamed for having them either.

No matter how you look at it, it’s a sad affair. An abortion happens because a new life is brought into the world and a decision is made to end it because of rape, a medical crisis or the parents didn’t think through the consequences of having unprotected sex.

Old 10-24-2015, 02:23 PM

3,278 posts, read 5,388,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
I hope you don't call yourself a Christian.

Or an American who believes in the Constitution.

You don't, right?
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to disappoint you on two counts there. My fault, entirely.

Old 10-24-2015, 05:09 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,959,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
This is called "blowback" to the American Taliban.

I think shout your abortion is really distasteful, but when seen in context, it's understandable.

Old 10-24-2015, 05:22 PM

15,631 posts, read 10,385,367 times
I find this very sick. Being irresponsible and glad to kill your fetus is not a source of joy. You are evil if that is your feeling about your fetus.

I also find people who restrict women, especially teens, from getting birth control sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies