Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 05:30 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,563,784 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell us what's going on in Germany??

With all these refugee hugging and pro-Muslim policies.

Is there a worker shortage or what??

Unemployment is not bad but it's actually not that record low to justify all these policies

Do you still support Merkel or what
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2015, 06:57 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,589,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
Can anyone tell us what's going on in Germany??
Sure. German immigrant right here. Who has family in Germany and who follows German media very closely.

Quote:
Is there a worker shortage or what??
That's what German businesses say. By current reproduction rates, Germany will lose 13 million people until 2060.

Quote:
Unemployment is not bad but it's actually not that record low to justify all these policies
It is, actually. It's the lowest since german reunification in 1990.

German unemployment falls to historic low | Business | DW.COM | 30.06.2015

Quote:
Do you still support Merkel or what
No, I do not anymore. Merkel has totally transformed CDU into a Social Democrat Party. That started with saving the euro and now reached its high point with the refugee crisis. CDU is losing dramatically approval in the polls since the refugee crisis began in September. Merkels approval rating is dropping like a stone.
Many security experts in Germany believe that the German government has lost it's control over national security in Germany. There are 100,000's of refugees in Germany that are not registered and who move freely and uncontrolled within Germany.

What needs to be done is to either build a fence at the border with Austria and send the military to the border or make the Eastern Europeans build fences to their non-EU neighbors. Hungary has already done so. Now all refugees from the middle east come through Slovenia. Slovenia has to do the same thing.

Germans are not opposed to immigration. But if there is something that Germans detest it is chaos. Germans want order and an controlled immigration process.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:09 AM

26,544 posts, read 15,116,847 times
American here: With automation possibly eliminating half of all jobs in the next 20 to 30 years...I don't see the need to have such a large influx of low skill/low educated people in a country like Germany.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:19 AM

35,742 posts, read 21,105,153 times
Germans are everywhere else in the world but Germany- the gals marry every GI possible to get out of there. They have a large population in central America--I do not know where else- but they are not growing there.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Germans are everywhere else in the world but Germany- the gals marry every GI possible to get out of there. They have a large population in central America--I do not know where else- but they are not growing there.
Nope, if gals or dudes want out of Germany they do it on their own. They don't need an GI for that. If they want a higher standard of living than in America, they just move across the border to Switzerland.

Nobody is trying to get out of Germany, though. Everybody tries to get into Germany.

Last edited by itsjustmeagain; 10-25-2015 at 07:37 AM..

Old 10-25-2015, 07:37 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,695,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If they want to leave, they can just get on the plane and leave. The average German gal makes way more money than an average GI rotating through a base in Germany.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:42 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,563,784 times
There is a presence of Turks i believe.

Now this is the second wave.

Although Merkel's support is falling it is still quite significant.

I don't know if she's planning to run one more time

Any alternative parties to CDU??

Old 10-25-2015, 09:49 AM

26,544 posts, read 15,116,847 times
Quote:

True, but this could fall farther.

Merkel's support has fallen by 9% to 54%

The anti-Immigrant politician's support rose by 11% to 39%

Germans that said they were "scared" of this immigration plan has risen by 13% to 51%

If these trends could continue Merkel could be underwater soon, especially if stories of crimes from these immigrants are leaked out.

Merkel Approval Rating Drops to Four-Year Low on Refugee Crisis - Bloomberg Business

Old 10-25-2015, 02:42 PM

Quote:
There is a presence of Turks i believe.

Now this is the second wave.

I don't know if she's planning to run one more time

Any alternative parties to CDU??
Yes, Alternative for Germany

Old 11-03-2015, 08:02 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,997,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeagain View Post
Sure. German immigrant right here. Who has family in Germany and who follows German media very closely.

That's what German businesses say. By current reproduction rates, Germany will lose 13 million people until 2060.

It is, actually. It's the lowest since german reunification in 1990.

German unemployment falls to historic low | Business | DW.COM | 30.06.2015

No, I do not anymore. Merkel has totally transformed CDU into a Social Democrat Party. That started with saving the euro and now reached its high point with the refugee crisis. CDU is losing dramatically approval in the polls since the refugee crisis began in September. Merkels approval rating is dropping like a stone.
Many security experts in Germany believe that the German government has lost it's control over national security in Germany. There are 100,000's of refugees in Germany that are not registered and who move freely and uncontrolled within Germany.

What needs to be done is to either build a fence at the border with Austria and send the military to the border or make the Eastern Europeans build fences to their non-EU neighbors. Hungary has already done so. Now all refugees from the middle east come through Slovenia. Slovenia has to do the same thing.

Germans are not opposed to immigration. But if there is something that Germans detest it is chaos. Germans want order and an controlled immigration process.
Please tell me , is it safe in germany still? I have a vacation planned in bavaria and berlin next may.. God only knows what will happen from now till then. I want to enjoy myself and not have to drive into a swarm of refugees and get attacked ... Please let me know because we were going to cancel the trip. I love germany but cannot risk .

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies