Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 05:41 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,975,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamsack View Post
Ok I will take the bite.... not that it will matter

But do I believe there is some government conspiracy and major US federal project to alter storms or climate. No I do not.

Have there and are there on-going local cloud seeding and hail suppression efforts...yes. They have been going on for years and years. The North Dakota Air Resource Board has been in place for many years to help reduce the chance for hail in t-storms in western ND. They only attempt in the summer and to suppress hail. I know some Univ of North Dakota students and pilots participate in that.....UND is located in Grand Forks and UND has a very well known aviation flight school.

But are contrails in the sky airlines spraying chemicals....nope.

And that will put this to an end. Nothing I will say on this will convince you otherwise. But boy I sure do wish we had that much power to alter storms or create weather. I would have five feet of snow in Grand Forks each winter and below zero (F) temps all the time....but since that doesnt occur we have to rely on mother nature to determine it.

Have a good evening...

Dan
Well ... then I reinstate my comment that I don't believe you ... because anyone with common sense can look into the skies and see that certain aircraft are spraying aerosols that have nothing to do with contrails. At the same time we have government officials and government funded climate scientists telling us that they are developing and field testing geoengineering aerosols that are released from high flying aircraft as part of the geoengineering scheme that they claim must start very soon to combat global warming. They even claim this geoengineering scheme know as Solar Radiation Management (SRM) and Stratospheric Sulfate Aerosols (SAG) will alter the weather patterns. They even tell us that these aerosols are non-dissipating trails that will expand and form artificial clouds that block sunlight, similar to what a Volcano eruption does, that will help reduce global warming.

This is what our own top climate scientists are telling us and you are going to continue to push the chemtrail conspiracy theory line?

Old 10-26-2015, 08:53 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,771,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vascodagama View Post
From the PEER statement: "A key provision of the Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act of 2012 curbed the use of blanket nondisclosure policies or agreements, otherwise known as “gag orders,” implemented by federal agencies. The act lays out specific exceptions which must be included as a part of any such confidentiality directive."

So this action is illegal per the Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act of 2012.
All that WPEA 2013 required was that the nondisclosure policy (aka "gag order") not apply to internal reporting of violations and that it carry this statement:

"These provisions are consistent with and do not supersede, conflict with, or otherwise alter the employee obligations, rights, or liabilities created by existing statute or Executive order relating to (1) classified information, (2) communications to Congress, (3) the reporting to an Inspector General of a violation of any law, rule, or regulation, or mismanagement, a gross waste of funds, an abuse of authority, or a substantial and specific danger to public health or safety, or (4) any other whistleblower protection. The definitions, requirements, obligations, rights, sanctions, and liabilities created by controlling Executive orders and statutory provisions are incorporated into this agreement and are controlling."

That is the only provision in WPEA 2013 (full text: https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/s743/text) concerning gag orders, so how did this make these actions illegal?

Quote:
But you are missing the point. Why would the government impose a gag order on government employees who work in government weather monitoring and reporting agencies? Why can't the public know what's really going on at the National Weather Service. This is weather reporting not CIA operations.
Because it is not just a government weather monitoring and reporting agency. It is also the military navigation agency (in combination with NGA) for the federal government.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:38 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
So, do you think a gag order on the employees of the National Weather Service And NOAA is a good thing?
1. a non disclosure agreement is not a gag order
Quote:
A non-disclosure agreement (NDA), also known as a confidentiality agreement (CA), confidential disclosure agreement (CDA), proprietary information agreement (PIA), or secrecy agreement (SA), is a legal contract between at least two parties that outlines confidential material, knowledge, or information that the parties wish to share with one another for certain purposes, but wish to restrict access to or by third parties. It is a contract through which the parties agree not to disclose information covered by the agreement. An NDA creates a confidential relationship between the parties to protect any type of confidential and proprietary information or trade secrets.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:45 AM

13,305 posts, read 7,876,816 times
It's a covenant not to complete.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies