Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2015, 05:03 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,443,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjtinmemphis View Post
Yes you are obsessed with race! Its not only you. Just observe many posts on city data that you respond to.

The behavior of the officer got him terminated and possibly facing criminal charges.
I respond to race-baiters and race-card players.

They are racists who use race as a weapon.

It's a social disease that needs to be eradicated.

The fact that the officer was unjustly fired does not justify the girl's irresponsible behavior.

I would be just as critical if she were white.

Old 11-01-2015, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I think you are clueless to kids and their behaviors and are simply like to act as an instigator of hatred to people not like yourself- So easy to point fingers - when never have had any experiences to use as a guide.
Some of us have kids and knowledge of standard police produces - not to mention what is acceptable in a school setting. I am sure the PTA and other parents will be having some very deep discussion with the school district heads.
I was a kid, grew up around kids, and I know that they need structure, limits and discipline.

I also know that parents are more irresponsible than ever.

Many of them are basically still kids themselves -- living on various kinds of welfare, never having been responsible -- and that race is being used as an excuse for all kinds of bad behavior.

If parents are not teaching their kids to be decent, civilized human beings, then they should be penalized along with their kids.

If parents are having kids without being able to afford them, and without being able to take the time to raise them properly, then they should be socially ostracized as abusers of children and of society as a whole.

And liberals who encourage this nonsense should be ostracized as well.

Old 11-01-2015, 05:14 AM

6,739 posts, read 4,426,772 times
Give the cop a medal. Cops tell you to do something, you do it! Let this be a lesson. Hard headed, and want to be an azz. You will be treated like one. Snatch a knot in their azz.

Old 11-01-2015, 05:24 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,581,834 times
This article was from another poster early on this thread.
I think it says a lot of what's happening in our schools right now.
Total chaos caused by Obama's policies.
Worth reading.

Obama's Anti-Discipline Policy Backfires On Liberal School Districts - Investors.com

Old 11-01-2015, 05:27 AM

You would think there hadn't been hundreds of episodes of "Cops" shown on TV over and over again. Along with numerous episodes of another show called "Jail."

In those shows, you see cops doing what cops do. Giving orders to people and physically arresting or subduing them when they don't do what they are told.

When a cop shows up, he or she is not there to be a guidance counselor or to argue like an attorney.

He or she is there to use FORCE to enforce the law.

"En-force" -- get it? Someone has to do it.

You wouldn't want a cop to stand there and simply ask a criminal to please stop stabbing you to death, would you?

No, you would want him to stop the stabbing by using all necessary force.

In this situation with the girl, she had already been asked/told to leave -- over and over and over again.

The time for asking was over. The time for enforcement had arrived.

Now, I am so terribly, terribly sorry (sarcasm) that the cop at the school happened to be a male and not a female. But just as female cops arrest and physically subdue males, so -- in the real world -- do male cops arrest and physically subdue females.

In the case of this arrest, the girl wrapped herself around her desk with her legs and arms and wasn't going to allow the cop to pull her out of the desk without a fight. That was her choice. He had a perfect right to do what he did. She was not seriously injured. In fact, I doubt she was injured at all. And if you ask me, the students watching were happy to see her removed so that their class could continue in a normal fashion.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:05 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,186,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Informed Info View Post
Where did you grow up?

"No listening" to authority figures (teacher, principal, etc., ) is not typical teenaged behavior.

It's a lame excuse for for bad behavior.

Not all teenagers are as stupid as some want to make them out to be. Some are raised correctly.

But if all are just "typical teens" and we have to expect every jerk-off teen's behavior as "typical"? Not one teen would graduate from HS. And plenty of kids from idiot parents (who have a few idiot siblings) do well for themselves. They break out from the stupid/poor me mind set.

No excuse.

Set your standards a little higher.
Nice try defending an uncivilized ghetto man. I grew up in one of the most educated areas of the U.S. Many teenagers at times do not listen. It isn't uncommon behavior for that age group.

Bad behavior should be handled properly. It is an oppurtunity to teach. Students where I grew up did far worse than this girl and were never physically abused.

Abusive homes environments must be the norm for many of you. Bunch of parents/adults who discipline in anger and create problematic adults...

Set YOUR standards higher.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:08 AM

59,185 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
Okay, so basically a lot of people on CD are saying that the police officer should not have physically removed this kid from the classroom.

I disagree. If a teenager is disrupting my kid's class I want him/her removed. If she refused to obey authority and then physically resisted the campus police, I think a little butt-whipping is perfectly appropriate. Let all the kids in her class watch her get her butt kicked and maybe they will learn not to start fights with cops.

I'm really sick and tired of this PC garbage where we are raising a generation of kids who have no respect for authority. And all this talk about her being a girl and therefore untouchable is pure garbage. Gender doesn't give you a pass when it comes to disobeying your teachers and picking fights with cops. That's pure nonsense.

As for the foster child thing... So what.

One last point, nobody is talking about how this spoiled brat disrupted the education of all of her peers because she felt entitled to ignore her teacher. My liberal leaning friends are always talking about the need to provide better education to poor urban kids and then they immediately rush to the defense of this kid who is clearly destroying the classroom environment for everyone around her. What about all the other kids in the classroom who are losing out because she feels the need to use her cell phone during class? Do they not matter? What about her teacher who is just trying to do her job? What about the fact that this brat had a long history of being disruptive?

Screw her. She is nothing more than an entitled little brat who deserved a whipping and got one. I bet the next time a cop tells her to stand up and leave peacefully she will get up and go.
BINGO!

My sentiments, EXACTLY!

Except for," I bet the next time a cop tells her to stand up and leave peacefully she will get up and go"

I doubt she will ever turn he life around.

I do think, however, it will set a good example for the REST of the kids in the school.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:08 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,186,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Then you are saying they should ignore the fact that she struck the police officer and pushed the chair over backward with her feet?
Some of you will see what you want to see. Again, defend the ghetto uncivilized man if you desire. The video and comments make me very grateful for my upbringing.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:15 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,024,713 times
I do find it hilarious, if in a bitter way, of how so many react to this hand to hand situation.

That is, if a gun is used, many say that some other method than a gun should have been used. If spray is used, many say that some other method should have been used.

Quite frankly, I would think that such people would push for the kind of enforcer I was, basically, trained to be, someone who is conditioned to go quicker for hand to hand than to go for a gun.

OF COURSE, someone who is trained like me is not the kind of person to pick a fight with since mine is to obtain max energy advantage before they do, to take them out the quickest, using whatever weapon is available. Ie, as a teen in sports judo, the command to start is "Ha-ji-me".....and we were to be moving at "Ha" to take out our opponent in a lightning strike, conclude a 3 minute match in under 5 seconds (on the first bout, people would know to watch out for that move after that).

That said and on the base information alone (ie, without what other videos show), flipping someone from a sitting position is a lot less devastating than if they are standing, dragging them across the floor has a lot less impact than slamming their face into it.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Some of you will see what you want to see. Again, defend the ghetto uncivilized man if you desire. The video and comments make me very grateful for my upbringing.
The "ghetto uncivilized man"?

I think the issue here is about a "ghetto uncivilized girl."

She is not a baby.

She knew she was in the wrong, and didn't care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies