Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 12:58 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Bernie Sanders announced on Wednesday afternoon his support for a new climate bill that would ban all new fossil fuel development on US federal lands and terminate current leases that aren't producing. The bill, called the "Keep It In The Ground Act," would also ban offshore drilling for oil and gas in the Arctic and the Atlantic and would stop new leases for offshore drilling in the Pacific and the Gulf of Mexico.
Breaking: Bernie Sanders Wants to Ban All New Fossil Fuel Development on Federal Lands | Mother Jones

Looks like Sanders is as much of a fool as Obama. At least with Obama you can understand it-he wants to ensure we remain dependant on oil from Muslim countries. But what is up with Sanders? Destroy American jobs, kill the one bright spot in our economy in the last 7 years while simultaneously driving up the cost of energy and financing our enemies. Can someone explain why Democrats insist on waging war on American citizens, workers in particular?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 01:44 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times
I said it in another thread and I will say it here.

Sanders is an idiot.

Old 11-07-2015, 03:23 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times
He wants to develop alternate energy sources so that we are not slaves to oil. I don't imagine a lot of buggy makers liked the idea of the automobile, either, but it happened anyway. We have unlimited supplies of wind, waves, and sunlight that we can tap for our needs. Other countries are already far ahead of us in development and execution of the technology necessary for the transition.

Bernie is looking to the future. Fossil fuels will be as quaint an idea in fifty years as building a log home with an axe is today.

Old 11-07-2015, 04:11 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
He wants to develop alternate energy sources so that we are not slaves to oil. I don't imagine a lot of buggy makers liked the idea of the automobile, either, but it happened anyway. We have unlimited supplies of wind, waves, and sunlight that we can tap for our needs. Other countries are already far ahead of us in development and execution of the technology necessary for the transition.

Bernie is looking to the future. Fossil fuels will be as quaint an idea in fifty years as building a log home with an axe is today.
yes, those are realistic options for energy. I have a wind powered car. I put it in neutral and wait 6 years for it to move an inch. I also use waves for transportation. I surf to work. I also heard of a new liberal option for transportation. it's a car that runs off of self satisfaction.

Old 11-07-2015, 04:52 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Breaking: Bernie Sanders Wants to Ban All New Fossil Fuel Development on Federal Lands | Mother Jones

Looks like Sanders is as much of a fool as Obama. At least with Obama you can understand it-he wants to ensure we remain dependant on oil from Muslim countries. But what is up with Sanders? Destroy American jobs, kill the one bright spot in our economy in the last 7 years while simultaneously driving up the cost of energy and financing our enemies. Can someone explain why Democrats insist on waging war on American citizens, workers in particular?

Sure, this is because Democrats, the party of government handouts, benefits politically from economic misery regardless of who causes it.

FDR`s economic policies failed by every conceivable objective standard, yet he was still elected three times and had to die in office to lose the White House.

It`s essentially a case of Munchausen syndrome meets Stockholm syndrome.

Old 11-07-2015, 05:05 AM

4,983 posts, read 3,291,808 times
Quote:

So you will be slaves to alternative energy?

Give me cheap dirty coal.

Old 11-07-2015, 05:09 AM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Shrug. forcing the oil companies to fully develop the leases they have now is not the worst idea possible. I'd only be concerned if I thought it would have a serious impact on our country. In this case I suspect not.

Old 11-07-2015, 05:15 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Sanders, like most Leftists, is an idiot!

Old 11-07-2015, 05:29 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:

We will never not need oil! We are not "slaves to oil;" oil provides more than just energy. The one truly viable alternative source of energy is nuclear, but you Leftists have opposed that too, and because of that, to my knowledge, there have been no new nuclear plants built in decades. Hydro, another alternative, is limited because it requires a river that can be dammed (but you people would oppose that too). Next, of course is coal, which is cheap and abundant. But Leftists like Obama want to put the coal industry and coal fired plants out of business because of their misguided belief (or so they say they "believe") in "global warming," which is a total myth and a hoax. Wind and solar are not really viable alternatives as a source of energy on a large scale. For one thing, both require vast areas of real estate, and wind mills are unsightly. Solar requires batteries for storage, and much of the power generated must be used to recharge the storage batteries.

Equating fossil fuels with log homes and horses and buggies is absurd.

Old 11-07-2015, 05:29 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,218,912 times
Force major oil companies to spend on drilling out their leases, sounds like a good idea to me. Tired of hearing drill baby drill and the companies who should be doing it sitting on those leases. Get the product out of the ground and allow the market price to drop. Job creation.

In 10 years when all have forgotten this, the GOP will run on drill baby drill again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies