Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2015, 05:18 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,349,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVietnamVeteran View Post
Why are we allowed to offend So many, just so we offend no one...

So NOT to offend, The Pledge and flag dropped from Veteran's Day service

Details at: http://www.capveterans.com/year2015/id108.html

And the usual haters come out of the shadows...........

Quote:
Liberals need something to occupy theirselves since they have way too much time to dream up more lunacy to be offended.
Quote:
Virtually everything liberals do offends me. So if they really want to stop being offensive, they need to stop doing just about everything they're doing.

Chaplain Lim pointed out that a large number of the faculty are from Anabaptist traditions.

“This Christian tradition is pacifist, and would object to Christians serving in the military, holding military Christian services, and having military or political symbols in church sanctuaries,” he wrote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2015, 05:20 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Not relevant at all to this discussion.
How so? It seems you felt it relevant what position others took. No?

Quote:
This really isn't the whole story, but a private school can choose its own rules or do you want more government interference? The conservatives really need to make up their minds!!
Quote:
We're talking about a school chapel here. As I already wrote, the case is closed. (and the thread should be too) It was simply a concern about raising the American Flag inside a chapel and reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. It had nothing to do with "a business doing as it sees best."
It's a college. A college is still a business.

Old 11-07-2015, 05:38 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,484,127 times
Quote:
Oh, puleeze!! The only people fighting this so-called war are right-wing extremists.

How can this be a War on Christianity???

Anyway, the school reversed its decision. Case closed.
It isn't...

Hence, my, "Oh...wait," as in not really.

[this is a non-issue]

Old 11-07-2015, 06:01 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,946,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
How so? It seems you felt it relevant what position others took. No?

It's a college. A college is still a business.
No, I did not. That's your spin on what I wrote.

Your question was too general and very vague. Most private companies usually run their businesses the way they want or to use your words "as they see fit." So as long as no laws are being broken, I don't see the point of your question.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:19 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,512,917 times
Quote:
This really isn't the whole story, but a private school can choose its own rules or do you want more government interference? The conservatives really need to make up their minds!!
Strawwoman argument. Nobody said the school doesn't have the right to do what they want or that gov't. should force it to do anything. Being a private entity doesn't exempt anything from criticism or praise.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:31 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,018,521 times
That seems silly.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:51 PM

17,597 posts, read 13,378,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVietnamVeteran View Post
Why are we allowed to offend So many, just so we offend no one...

So NOT to offend, The Pledge and flag dropped from Veteran's Day service

Details at: http://www.capveterans.com/year2015/id108.html
All Federal subsidiaries to this ridiculous university should be stopped!

Oh egg on my face, I forgot obuma is president

Old 11-07-2015, 06:57 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,349,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
All Federal subsidiaries to this ridiculous university should be stopped!

Oh egg on my face, I forgot obuma is president
Yes, you have the whole carton of eggs on your face.
This has nothing to do with the president. This has nothing to do with liberals. This was a decision by the chaplain at the school.

Chaplain Lim pointed out that a large number of the faculty are from Anabaptist traditions.

“This Christian tradition is pacifist, and would object to Christians serving in the military, holding military Christian services, and having military or political symbols in church sanctuaries,” he wrote.

Source:
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/...?intcmp=hphz05
(of course, Fox has more outrage, then facts, in it's opinion piece)

Old 11-07-2015, 07:04 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard32 View Post
Good. It's time we put a stop to excessive knee-jerk "God and Country" nonsense and glorification of war. We have DOD using taxpayer dollars to pay sports teams to stage military worship nights. Somebody needs to press the Reset button here. It's all gone over the line and gotten out of hand.

^^^^Here you have it, folks. This is the Liberals' MO: they don't agree with a service for veterans....no one gets a service for veterans. They don't want a gun...no one gets a gun. And on it goes.

As for those "outraged" and "offended" students, they should be outraged and offended enough to hold or attend a veterans service off campus.

Stop with the feelings, and start with the action.

Old 11-07-2015, 07:20 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,293,124 times
Oh, I see people who did not read the article assumed the issue was atheists concerned about separation of church and state.

Quote:
"They believe that anything associated with war is not something that Christians should be associated with. They wanted to voice their opinion about how that would make them feel uncomfortable in a chapel and that Christians should not be supporting a symbol of the state."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies