Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 02:05 PM

35,075 posts, read 17,024,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Way to go, dude! You caught a spelling mistake. I'll probably make a few more today if you look close enough.

I was trying to interject some humor. But you nitpicked my opening an old thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2019, 02:34 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVietnamVeteran View Post
Why are we allowed to offend So many, just so we offend no one...

So NOT to offend, The Pledge and flag dropped from Veteran's Day service

Details at: http://www.capveterans.com/year2015/id108.html
Those aforementioned are very much a big part of the fabric of this country and the reason people defend same. I don't give a damn about anyone who gets offended by patriotism and the things therein. Don't love America??? Then leave it!

Old 10-14-2019, 04:30 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Why should people be offended by the American flag, which stands for our freedom, our liberty, and our purpose?? It's our country, folks.

Old 10-14-2019, 05:41 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,248,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Why should people be offended by the American flag, which stands for our freedom, our liberty, and our purpose?? It's our country, folks.
I'll never understand it. It's like people getting offended over Main Street having a sign posted declaring it to be Main Street.

Our local fire department had residents complaining and demanding that they stop displaying the American flag on their trucks. ??? These people are risking their lives to save others, and they can't fly the flag of the country they're living in and serving? It just baffles me. How in the world could someone visit or live in another country and be offended that they're flying their own flag?

Old 10-14-2019, 05:49 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Good that their whacky liberal nonsense was overturned. More people need to stand up to this kind of thing. If you can't have a flag and the Pledge, the things that (basically) these veterans represent, they shouldn't have a Veteran's Day service at all. Just ignore the day and continue on and find a new thing to protest.
It was a Christian college thus I bet most who go there are conservatives since according to conservatives, only they can be true Christians.

Old 10-14-2019, 08:02 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynard32 View Post
Good. It's time we put a stop to excessive knee-jerk "God and Country" nonsense and glorification of war. We have DOD using taxpayer dollars to pay sports teams to stage military worship nights. Somebody needs to press the Reset button here. It's all gone over the line and gotten out of hand.
Yes, hit the reset button and end ALL welfare.

Old 10-14-2019, 08:39 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
"whether such elements should be part of a Christian worship service,” read a statement from the university to Q13 Fox."

It's a Christian college. Could be that they are just trying to find the balance between separation of church and state but I don't see anything wrong with saying the pledge or displaying the American flag. Maybe they were trying to make it more Christian?

I'm a liberal and a non Christian (at least not the type of Christian that does these strange things) and I don't understand it. If you're going to celebrate Veterans Day, it stands to reason that you would at least show the flag.

Old 10-15-2019, 04:00 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 4 days ago)

27,185 posts, read 13,469,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudVietnamVeteran View Post
Why are we allowed to offend So many, just so we offend no one...

So NOT to offend, The Pledge and flag dropped from Veteran's Day service

Details at: http://www.capveterans.com/year2015/id108.html
The US Flag is flown over military memorial sites and graves the world over and offends no one, neither does the pledge.

The only people offended are a few SJW idiots.

Old 10-15-2019, 05:48 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times
People are free not to attend, and free not to participate and aren't forced to like the pledge, and not like the flag. However, they don't have a right to ban everything THEY find offensive and DICTATE their will and values onto YOU. That's Fascism, and a characteristic of the Left.

Old 10-15-2019, 06:32 AM

50,315 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Says you.

Maybe you should find a new country to live in. Millions of brown skinned illegals will gladly take your place and I would rather have them here and not whining about it.
Dude, did you get deported? Karma!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies