Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2016, 10:33 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,181,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Do you dispute the fact that the poor have no problem using Medicaid benefits to pay for the birth of their children? Of course, they don't. They could also access the SAME Medicaid benefits to get FREE contraceptives, but they DELIBERATELY do not.

And education? Please... Every public school teaches sex ed, AND many hand out free contraceptives.

Odd that they need "education" to access Medicaid for birth control, but NOT when they want Medicaid to pay for their births.
Quote:
The problem is STILL most prevalent among groups who predominantly vote Dem... so what does that tell you?
If you can't figure this out, then you truly are a lost cause.

Edit: This is a complex issue, so you can't take numbers at face value.

Last edited by ATG5; 05-23-2016 at 11:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 11:33 AM

29,555 posts, read 9,751,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I have found that we- (and i say we, because we see it and do nothing but cheer them on) are selling everything to foreign investments - we hide money overseas NOT to pay taxes- most corporations who control and move America are no longer interested in you or I- we just saw the plant moved for air conditions was it? moving to Mexico-leaving how many unemployed- there is no more manufacturing-customer service, auto-- yea great AIR BAGS we bought to kill us all.. they do not give a ratz azz. But people rather blame it on the the poor who mostly have NO say- than the corporations - they can do no wrong --- until it is done to you! People on this forum all have a PC of some sort- some education and I would say in pretty good economic place, but you live in your bubbles. I don't care if you do, but to pick on the ones that didn't make it to your standards--- is sickening- We will not get any better- good thing is -today's youth are definitely NOT following the patterns and will make changes- they are breaking the mold and the very fabric of today's political scene is fraying to let change in- move over- it make get wobbly -but I trust the next generation 101 % more than what you are selling today. Keep picking - some day one of these unfortunate poor (like Dr Carson) might just make the oval office home and remember the"kick the poor" after all --they are the majority
As I read through the comments in this thread, so many simply prove how Hell bent we are to see things as we want rather than as they truly are, and that's to be expected. Might as well start another thread for D's who want to blame R's for everything bad and credit nothing good. Another thread for the reverse, and everyone is happy...

Meanwhile, I really have to wonder from where some of these notions are coming from, like this one bolded in the comment above.

Just when was it that business people really cared about "you or I" over the bottom line?

The "conflict of interest" in these regards has been a problem for capitalism since this country was born! And who can blame an entrepreneur or Fortune 500 company for doing all it legally can to improve the bottom line? Whether for the business owner or stock holders, that's what they are SUPPOSED to do! Hello?

Also seems to me that best we let them, because at least that agenda is transparent, easy to understand and predict, and allows business people to find the best way they know to generate profit. Then, simply tax the successful businesses on a progressive basis, as appropriate to maintain incentive to profit further, also regulate in order to maintain the likes of safe working conditions, minimum wages, protection of the environment, etc., and there you have the basic symbiotic relationship between government and free enterprise that must be optimized with the interests of ALL Americans in mind.

How/where the Ds and Rs in Congress might manage our way to that point of optimization is always a work-in-progress that special interests are forever undermining with their special interest money/influence, but the goal remains the same regardless. "Well managed capitalism" is what I call it...

Old 05-23-2016, 02:37 PM

89,098 posts, read 44,917,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
If you can't figure this out, then you truly are a lost cause.

Edit: This is a complex issue, so you can't take numbers at face value.
When they unequivocally make Dems/liberals look bad, of course not. /heavy sarcasm

Old 05-23-2016, 02:51 PM

Quote:
When they unequivocally make Dems/liberals look bad, of course not. /heavy sarcasm
No, to people who are smart enough to not take numbers at face value. Obviously, not everyone is. I'm not a democrat or a liberal, another ass-umption.

Old 05-23-2016, 02:54 PM

Quote:
No, to people who are smart enough to not take numbers at face value.
What's YOUR explanation for why Blacks and Hispanics have so many more teen pregnancies than Asians and Whites? Education as a cause has been debunked so other than that, I'm willing to listen to what you have to say.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
What's YOUR explanation for why Blacks and Hispanics have so many more teen pregnancies than Asians and Whites? Education as a cause has been debunked so other than that, I'm willing to listen to what you have to say.
No, it hasn't been debunked. You have zero experience when it comes to interactions with poorer people, and it's pretty clear you've never been on a campus with upper middle class college students. The studies show that birthrates are declining, steeply, and a large part of that is due to better resources and education on contraception and sex. Your own figure shows the larger decrease in teen birth rates of blacks compared to whites. So debating with you is pointless.

Your only purpose in this thread, like the rest of this forum, is to rile people up and offer nothing of substance other than to disassociate, blame, stereotype and be selectively outrage when something doesn't fit your agenda, even against logic and common sense. You offer no solutions, just questions to confirm your preconceived notions.

Of course you disappeared when I popped your already deflating "argument" in the Curt Schilling and Malia Obama threads, so I'm not wasting my time again.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:26 PM

Quote:
No, it hasn't been debunked.
Yes, it has. Asians, Whites, Blacks, and Hispanics ALL attend public schools. But only TWO of those groups have significantly higher teen birth rates: Blacks and Hispanics.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:32 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,544,783 times
Quote:
No, it hasn't been debunked. You have zero experience when it comes to interactions with poorer people, and it's pretty clear you've never been on a campus with upper middle class college students. The studies show that birthrates are declining, steeply, and a large part of that is due to better resources and education on contraception and sex. Your own figure shows the larger decrease in teen birth rates of blacks compared to whites. So debating with you is pointless.

Your only purpose in this thread, like the rest of this forum, is to rile people up and offer nothing of substance other than to disassociate, blame, stereotype and be selectively outrage when something doesn't fit your agenda, even against logic and common sense. You offer no solutions, just questions to confirm your preconceived notions.

Of course you disappeared when I popped your already deflating "argument" in the Curt Schilling and Malia Obama threads, so I'm not wasting my time again.
Exactly, and he, she, or it continues to make the same statement over and over again! It speaks volumes of the sheer pettiness that he, she or it continues to do on this site. He, she, or it may have stock in CD.

Old 05-23-2016, 03:36 PM

1,679 posts, read 2,544,783 times
Well this poor man got killed and all of his family just got paid a nice handsome settlement: U.S. News | National News - ABC News
These children will not be poor if the right investments are made for them. Please, let it be so!! I guess this is another way not to stay poor. The death of a senseless killing bringing forth justice from a monetary award.

Old 05-23-2016, 05:35 PM

29,555 posts, read 9,751,103 times
Quote:
No, to people who are smart enough to not take numbers at face value. Obviously, not everyone is. I'm not a democrat or a liberal, another ass-umption.
And there I thought you were making some sense there for a bit, not on the dark side in any case...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies