Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2016, 05:06 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,947,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I think you need to separate the concept of SNAP - who gets it and how much fraud there is - from the fact that someone is processing EBT and making a profit off of it.

As I think about it, the enhanced fraud detection procedures for credit cards really would not apply to EBT, which, as I understand it, can only be used at point of service and ATMs. A credit card protection system that notifies me of a large credit card purchase or a someone in Timbuktu trying to use my card would do nothing to prevent EBT fraud.

It seems that your argument is that EBT should not exist because it cannot be 100% cost effective or achieve 100% fraud protection. That's called the Nirvana fallacy in logic.
I said earlier, "No one, no entity or no system can be 100% cost effective or achieve 100% fraud prevention."

You interpret that as me saying EBT should not exist?

I GIVE UP!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2016, 05:18 PM

35,785 posts, read 21,162,846 times
Report came out today. Millennials are unemployed and they do not want to work for large corps . Hmmm -as I said. It's their time and we are history, they will figure it out, and as a high population of baby boomers are soon old non employed people, maybe they will get rid of us to make the economy work. Maybe they won't ask these stupid questions of the X generation- why are the having children.

Old 05-22-2016, 05:19 PM

414 posts, read 401,466 times
I am curious about the "if" used in the report. Thanks for sharing the article. Didn't know. So are you thinking that Medicaid provides family planning support? I have no idea.

"If states invest in Medicaid-covered health care that occurs both before conception and between pregnancies ..."

Old 05-23-2016, 09:02 AM

477 posts, read 277,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Millennials are unemployed and they do not want to work for large corporations
They're free to apply to work for a non-profit entity and then whine that a company that doesn't exist to earn profits (save nice salaries for their top people) can't pay them enough for their desired lifestyle.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:15 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,189,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeLoser View Post
NEGATIVE
You're living in a fantasy world buddy...wake up, we stand divided with 'them' now more than ever and it's nobody's fault but 'their' own...we've stood by for decades throwing cash and resources at 'them' begging 'them' to get it right...it's just well beyond 'them' to reason....AWESOME and congrats you've made dramatic improvements over the last 30 years...only 4 in 10 of 'them' are stealing from my kids these days...You've done a great job; you deserve a pat on the back...just think of where we'll be a half century from now.
You bring nothing substantial to any discussion, expect complaining about problems you provide zero solutions for. You say I'm living in a fantasy world when I provide actual research and statistics, and you reply with nonsense. And if you are born on U.S. soil, you are an American citizen.

The end. No one cares if it doesn't fit your definition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Medicaid and Public Health Departments. Contraceptives are free for the poor more so than for any others. How do you not know that?
So you only quote a piece of my post, conveniently leaving out the rest of it.

Again, access to it isn't enough, it needs to be supplemented with education. That cannot be stressed enough.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:33 AM

89,325 posts, read 45,064,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
So you only quote a piece of my post, conveniently leaving out the rest of it.
Do you dispute the fact that the poor have no problem using Medicaid benefits to pay for the birth of their children? Of course, they don't. They could also access the SAME Medicaid benefits to get FREE contraceptives, but they DELIBERATELY do not.

And education? Please... Every public school teaches sex ed, AND many hand out free contraceptives.

Odd that they need "education" to access Medicaid for birth control, but NOT when they want Medicaid to pay for their births.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:43 AM

295 posts, read 181,906 times
Quote:
Do you dispute the fact that the poor have no problem using Medicaid benefits to pay for the birth of their children? Of course, they don't. They could also access the SAME Medicaid benefits to get FREE contraceptives, but they DELIBERATELY do not.

And education? Please... Every public school teaches sex ed, AND many hand out free contraceptives.

Odd that they need "education" to access Medicaid for birth control, but NOT when they want Medicaid to pay for their births.
This is incorrect.

http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/...n-schools.aspx
"24 states and the District of Columbia require public schools teach sex education (21 of which mandate sex education and HIV education). 33 states and the District of Columbia require students receive instruction about HIV/AIDS."

Old 05-23-2016, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharinganAi View Post
This is incorrect.

State Policies on Sex Education in Schools
"24 states and the District of Columbia require public schools teach sex education (21 of which mandate sex education and HIV education). 33 states and the District of Columbia require students receive instruction about HIV/AIDS."
However are they accessing Medicaid to pay for their births, then?

Old 05-23-2016, 09:51 AM

295 posts, read 181,906 times
Quote:
However are they accessing Medicaid to pay for their births, then?
Yes. But if you don't teach kids sex ed, and their parents don't teach them sex ed, then they believe what they hear from others and end up pregnant.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharinganAi View Post
Yes. But if you don't teach kids sex ed, and their parents don't teach them sex ed, then they believe what they hear from others and end up pregnant.
The problem is STILL most prevalent among groups who predominantly vote Dem... so what does that tell you?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies