Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 02:55 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,552,031 times

Advertisements

Good luck finding and holding down a job, clowns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 02:56 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Your post would carry more weight if this forum was not already notable for making sweeping generalizations - liberals, conservatives, cops, southern red necks, black thugs, welfare queens, white males, you name it and this forum has generalized it

What's happening now isn't happening in a vacuum, and this Yale-crap is one episode in a pattern of episodes that are beginning to sweep the nation. Black Lives Matter, the demonization of law enforcement, what will eventually come out as the truth at Mizzou, the powerless suddenly empowered, authority suddenly unempowered.

Those who created this beast think that they can control it. Just like they always think they can control the bad actor puppets we install across the globe. We can't do it internationally, and we sure as hell can't do it domestically. Keep feeding beast - it's very hungry.
Careful . . . .someone might accuse you of being a conspiracy theorist!

Old 11-11-2015, 03:03 PM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleidd View Post
Liberals are turning into violent, intolerant, close minded bigots, which is to be expected when they call the Democrtic Party, with its dispicable history, as their political party of choice.

Liberals are intolerant totalitarians who, as they consider themselves to be superior beings, feel justified in limiting other people's rights.

It is funny that they do not see themselves as fascists at all, depite this behavior.

Old 11-11-2015, 03:07 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,352,808 times
I listened to a podcast recently on current college students' tolerance and open-mindedness, and if I remember correctly, the studies suggested that every generation had become more tolerant than the last, but THIS GENERATION is the first to actually go backwards.

I'm not far removed from college, and I see this firsthand all the time. They think that tolerance = being completely intolerant of those who they deem to be intolerant. It's so twisted.

I HIGHLY recommend the podcast, even if you only listen to a few minutes of it
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8EJZC8kzdHQ

Old 11-11-2015, 03:55 PM

4,081 posts, read 3,603,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Actually the protesters agree that 1-it happened, and 2-it is disgraceful. From the link:

soooo given that you are applying a small % of thoses actions to the larger group, can I then label you as all being say...racist based upon the actions of a small minority of your party?

Should I bring up some of the actions of a small % of your group, and say thats what all of you are?

Of course I shouldnt. So why are you?
When this is happening on college campuses across the U.S., it needs to be brought to everyone's attention.

Old 11-11-2015, 03:56 PM

I'm seriously wondering if the election next year, 2016, will once again be the rise of the Silent Majority. Events like these are what empowered the Silent Majority the last time.

Old 11-11-2015, 03:58 PM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post
I'm seriously wondering if the election next year, 2016, will once again be the rise of the Silent Majority. Events like these are what empowered the Silent Majority the last time.
From your pen (er, fingers) to the voting booths (er, mailboxes)!

Old 11-11-2015, 04:15 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,832,514 times
Every incident like this I see, I get one step closer to actually voting for Trump.

Old 11-11-2015, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Every incident like this I see, I get one step closer to actually voting for Trump.
I think that's what 2016 may come down to (whether or not Trump is on the ballot). Most rational people will not vote for a candidate who is empathetic toward these very vile protesters, and I think it's clear which side of the aisle they identify with.

Old 11-11-2015, 04:20 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
Good luck finding and holding down a job, clowns.
At Yale they might be trust fund babies forever.

But at University of Missouri?

Future Baristas of America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies