Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 07:43 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,811,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequindre View Post

The conservative William F. Buckley, Jr. Program held a free speech panel Friday featuring the Freedom for Individual Rights in Education’s Greg Luikianoff and National Review‘s Kevin Williamson. The purpose of the panel was the backlash and screaming protests on Yale’s campus after an associate master sent an email contesting the University’s stance on offensive Halloween costumes.

Yale Students Interrupt and Protest Free Speech Panel, Spit on Attendees | Mediaite

Liberals love free speech, except when they don't.
A perfect example of the "useful idiots" that Lenin eluded to. They are used to fight against the very thing they THINK they are fighting for.

They're exercising their right to free speech, and if anyone contradicts their views they'll force them to shut up and, in some cases, violently - see Mizzou Prof. Melissa Click doing just that here:

Send your kind and civil opinions here: ClickM@missouri.edu
(admins, this is a public email)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2015, 08:22 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,784,908 times
The NYT is in full rabble rousing mode with microaggressions galore, an effigy lynching claim, and a request for more such stories from colleges accross the country.

Quote:
COLUMBIA, Mo. — At first, Briana Gray just chalked up the comments and questions from her new roommate at the University of Missouri to innocent ignorance: How do you style your hair? What do you put in it?

But then her white roommate from rural Missouri started playing a rap song with a racial slur and singing the slur loudly, recalled Ms. Gray, a black senior from suburban Chicago. Another time, the roommate wondered whether black people had greasy skin because slaves were forced to sweat a lot.
Then one day, Ms. Gray said, she found a picture tacked to her door of what appeared to be a black woman being lynched.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/12/us...ests.html?_r=0

Quote:
Have you witnessed or experienced an act of bigotry or discrimination on your college campus? We invite you to share your experience. Your name and comments may be published, but your contact information will not. A reporter or editor from The Times may follow up with you directly to learn more about your story.
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...s-callout.html

America's leading newspaper would like nothing more than to see all American campuses in chaos over trivia and hoaxes.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:40 AM

15,896 posts, read 12,016,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
If someone spits on you and you proceed to kick their ass, you won't have to worry about them ever trying that nonsense again. Problem solved...

I agree. Like I said, earlier in the thread, it qualifies as assault, and I'd have no qualms about breaking someone's jaw for them if they spit on me.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:41 AM

59,381 posts, read 27,536,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
I listened to a podcast recently on current college students' tolerance and open-mindedness, and if I remember correctly, the studies suggested that every generation had become more tolerant than the last, but THIS GENERATION is the first to actually go backwards.

I'm not far removed from college, and I see this firsthand all the time. They think that tolerance = being completely intolerant of those who they deem to be intolerant. It's so twisted.

I HIGHLY recommend the podcast, even if you only listen to a few minutes of it
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8EJZC8kzdHQ
And i recommend this video:

https://www.facebook.com/mrctv/videos/1035272086495839/

Old 11-12-2015, 06:44 AM

25,877 posts, read 16,591,624 times
The only peaceful way we have of stopping this disease is if business gets together and makes a pact to stop hiring people from these universities. Research their facebook or Twitter or whatever and if they show these wacko left leanings just don't give them an interview.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:48 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,551,559 times
How is it that these students are not being disciplined for their outrageous bad behavior? They should be put on probation at a minimum, and upon a second infraction, they should be expelled.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:52 AM

78,713 posts, read 60,905,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Someone is supposedly intelligent enough to be admitted to a first-rate university, and he or she shows outrage by spitting?

Yes, university admittance standards certainly appear to be much lower now than they were 45 years ago!

Perhaps these protesters should be reacquainted with the lives and beliefs of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and Mahatma Gandhi. I would be willing to bet that either of those men were much more effective at getting what they wanted than those protesters will ever be.
Even really smart people can get sucked up into a righteous mob mentality when ping ponging around the echo chamber.

People can do all kinds of stupid things when feeling completely self-righteous.

And that's not just some liberal college students either.

Remember how some of the anti-war protesters were treated in the run-up to Gulf II?

USA! USA! Murica!

Old 11-12-2015, 06:54 AM

25,877 posts, read 16,591,624 times
Maybe there should be conservative universities that teach college courses, provide a traditional campus experience, allow prayer if the student chooses but does not allow ridiculous behavior.

I'm sure there are colleges that fit that bill, but what if they market themselves as a traditional, conservative university that encourages family and patriotism? And what if the best employers start to hire from them and ignore the liberal universities?

Wag the dog.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:11 AM

78,713 posts, read 60,905,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
The NYT is in full rabble rousing mode with microaggressions galore, an effigy lynching claim, and a request for more such stories from colleges accross the country.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/12/us...ests.html?_r=0

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...s-callout.html

America's leading newspaper would like nothing more than to see all American campuses in chaos over trivia and hoaxes.
I wonder if they'd print some of my stories. I had roughly 5-6 offensive race\gender encounters in college and I'm a white male....but hey...my stories wouldn't matter because somehow....I deserve it and it (actual comments from one of the college racists) "they can't be racist to me because I'm white & male and white males have the power and blacks don't".

I have no doubt that people have actually had crap like this occur around them.

People trying to pass of things like the poo swastika etc all off as "faked" really are clueless.

I mean crap, you have 30,000 on a campus and you think there aren't some racist a-holes? Even if it's just 1% that's 300 and I'd guess that numbers low.

Old 11-12-2015, 07:43 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,468,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Like I keep saying, the left have become the actual Nazi party of today. This is only the beginning of what we'll see from these crazy people. What will happen to them won't be pretty.
I don't see how it can be seen any other way. They are doing everything the Nazi's did. If people don't believe this, they need to watch The Rise of the Third Reich, it's almost identical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies