Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2015, 06:20 AM

59,111 posts, read 27,349,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i agree with jazz, if you can get oregon to provide a college education to any student that wants one, and make the program work, then i will support your efforts to open it up across the country.

ok then we need to investigate WHY this money is going unclaimed. are the standards too high(they should be imo)? are the colleges not telling students that the money is available? are the scholarships going unused in degree programs that few people want to enter? how extensive is the paperwork to apply for these scholarships?

why are these monies not being distributed?

again, there is no such thing as free tuition. perhaps the student isnt paying that bill, but someone is. be it through higher taxes, donations, higher fees, etc. SOMEONE is paying that tuition.
"ok then we need to investigate WHY this money is going unclaimed. are the standards too high(they should be imo)? are the colleges not telling students that the money is available? are the scholarships going unused in degree programs that few people want to enter? how extensive is the paperwork to apply for these scholarships?"

Think about it. These kids are smart" enough to get into college. The colleges are FULL of highly educated people who transfer what they know to the eager minds of the kids.

We keep hearing how "smart" teachers in high schools are and we should "respect" them.

Yet, here we are with MILLIONS of scholarship money NOT being utilized.

I guess those "highly educated" people running high schools and colleges aren't so smart after all.

By the way ALL my grand kids got/get scholarship money for college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 06:29 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,084,509 times
How about free guns? Military surplus firearms could easily be made available to citizens able to legally own them. I'll march for free guns. Call it the ten million patriot march. That's about how many would show up without too much effort.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:35 AM

64 posts, read 41,012 times
I can not believe the level of stupidity in kids today. They really think there is an unlimited supply of money. I guess if you figure in the left is pushing the fed to print more fake money then it is, but SHTF will be here soon enough. No country has ever went long printing fake money. Forgive student debt and free college and it all can come from the one percent. I agree that the top earners need to pay taxes and we need to shut down loop holes for the rich, but its not an endless supply of money and we also need to cut spending not spend more. We have entitlements that are out of control, SS Medicare that we can not take away from people who worked and rely on it, we can not just throw in free money to kids who can earn for the next 35 to 40 years. Little spoiled brats who need an ass whooping.

Old 11-15-2015, 06:44 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imalumberjack View Post
I can not believe the level of stupidity in kids today. They really think there is an unlimited supply of money.
The Fed seems to think so.....with that being the case, why shouldn't students want to get some for themselves?

Quote:
I guess if you figure in the left is pushing the fed to print more fake money then it is, but SHTF will be here soon enough. No country has ever went long printing fake money. Forgive student debt and free college and it all can come from the one percent. I agree that the top earners need to pay taxes and we need to shut down loop holes for the rich, but its not an endless supply of money and we also need to cut spending not spend more. We have entitlements that are out of control, SS Medicare that we can not take away from people who worked and rely on it, we can not just throw in free money to kids who can earn for the next 35 to 40 years. Little spoiled brats who need an ass whooping.
There are no such things as "tax loopholes". it is all tax policy. These weren't put there by mistake. Odd that those who can earn for the next 35 years are spoiled brats for wanting their share of the money the Fed is printing but those who already have theirs aren't?

Old 11-15-2015, 06:46 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,397,970 times
Did you see the "leader" of the movement get interviewed?

I was appalled at how dumb and uninformed she was. If you are the leader, shouldn't you be super informed and have all your research done? Shouldn't you have answers to the hard questions?

Old 11-15-2015, 06:49 AM

314 posts, read 401,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No more "free" stuff. I am tired of supporting other people with my money.
But you would never be tired of getting free stuff for yourself.

Did you go to high school? If you did then you did get free stuffs for yourself. Did you protest it then?

Old 11-15-2015, 07:16 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finecognac View Post

Did you go to high school? If you did then you did get free stuffs for yourself. Did you protest it then?
Those that note that k-12 isn't free are correct. I send a check twice a year to pay for it. Free is what the Fed does.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:19 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,755,703 times
k-12 is paid for by the tax payer. this is because they are considered children. if they want their college tuition subsidized, then they are still "identifying" as children, and college children should forfeit their "right to vote."

Old 11-15-2015, 07:21 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finecognac View Post

^^ Stupid alert! Should we farm the children out to work? You do know what school taxes are right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Those that note that k-12 isn't free are correct. I send a check twice a year to pay for it. Free is what the Fed does.
Amazing isn't it, the stupidity lol. My governor (D) is claiming he needs to raise taxes for the schools. Democrats always trying to have it both ways.

Old 11-15-2015, 07:23 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,755,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Did you see the "leader" of the movement get interviewed?

I was appalled at how dumb and uninformed she was. If you are the leader, shouldn't you be super informed and have all your research done? Shouldn't you have answers to the hard questions?
she was an idiot, but the interviewer was equally as annoying. he cut her off way too much. let her speak, because the more she said, the more idiotic she looked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies