Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2015, 07:11 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

Hate speech is a great way to create another Hitler. All you have to do is get people to hate a specific group or two enough to cause people to support drastic measures to be taken against all of those specific group or groups of people, and then you got the next Nazi Regime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2015, 07:14 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
So what is the solution to these attacks?

Apparently violence is not the solution because how can anyone make that case with these attacks if it is?
It is a tit for tat continuation.

I think the solution is to boot out all the immigrants and pull out of the middle east and protect our own.

But that is not what will happen.
We live in a Corporate Globalist Utopia where Nations, Constitutions and People mean nothing to them, only customers and shareholders and bonuses.

What will happen is the MIC will gladly continue more bombing in the Middle East, and the politicians at home will enact more "security" measures that only harm the common citizen in stealing more of their freedoms.

And they will play it all via a Left and Right Game of divide and conquer.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:14 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
Oh.. I'm sorry.. I must of been sick on the day when they must of taught us in history class that American revolutionaries snuck over to England and blew civilians up who were enjoying the theatre or a night out with family or friends
I'm sorry you can't see the parallel of a people fighting on their home turf, using unconventional tactics, with our own history.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:15 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
I've been watching the news on several different channels including Fox and MSNBC and I haven't noticed any "hate speech". Maybe this Salon outfit is exploiting the Paris massacre for their own political reasons.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:15 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Yesterday morning, Obama tells us ISIS is contained and less than six hours later ISIS is massacring hundreds of people in 7 jihadist attacks in Paris.

What a feckless twit.
Ah, focus on the soundbyte and not the context.
He didn't say "Mission Complete", he said they were not currently gaining new ground in SYRIA and IRAQ.

Quote:
"I don't think they're gaining strength," Obama said of ISIS. "What is true, from the start our goal has been first to contain and we have contained them. They have not gained ground in Iraq and in Syria they'll come in, they'll leave. But you don't see this systemic march by ISIL across the terrain."

"What we have not yet been able to do is to completely decapitate their command and control structures. We've made some progress in trying to reduce the flow of foreign fighters and part of our goal has to be to recruit more effective Sunni partners in Iraq to really go on offense rather than simply engage in defense," the president said.
You don't need to do terrorist attacks when you are winning.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:17 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
James Taylor better be practicing.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:17 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Their religion says that the infidels must convert, pay a tax or die.

It says that the Islam must rule the world.

I think it's pretty clear that there is only one way to deal with these people.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:18 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Hate speech is a great way to create another Hitler. All you have to do is get people to hate a specific group or two enough to cause people to support drastic measures to be taken against all of those specific group or groups of people, and then you got the next Nazi Regime.
Like the one percent, conservatives, cops, "white priviledge, etc., etc.

Old 11-14-2015, 07:19 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,828,984 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1H-Y7MAASkg Get over it Salon!

Old 11-14-2015, 07:21 AM

16,042 posts, read 21,971,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Personally, I don't think the Terrorists have won this war. Seems a lot of the posters disagree.
Tell that to the families of the dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies