Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 05:32 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,138,411 times

Advertisements

I was just reading an article about Geraldo Rivera and his daughter being in France during the attack. While this is tragic, I realize that we have a lot of murders in the US that no one is talking about. As it turns out, we have an average of 44 murders per day: How many people are murdered every day in the United States? yet no seems as upset about that or is demanding that something be done, yes, they talk but no real action.

I found these articles which supports my thoughts on the whole thing: Ted Kennedy's Illegals Have Killed Many More Americans Than ISIS and Family Security Matters

So what is the problem. Is it not "pc" to protect your "own" anymore? We send our soldiers to protect and die for other countries, countries who have their own populations who should be defending themselves or be overtaken since we did that to the American Indians and no one cried "foul", and our own streets aren't even safe and some are extremely dangerous. We tuck away illegals in sanctuary cities and our own POTUS won't allow our laws to be enforced.

This just seems upside down to me. Why don't the lives of our own citizens matter? We have gangs that dominant some areas so why aren't our military forces deployed to those areas? "To protect against all enemies, both foreign and domestic."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 06:54 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
[snip]So what is the problem. Is it not "pc" to protect your "own" anymore? We send our soldiers to protect and die for other countries, countries who have their own populations who should be defending themselves or be overtaken since we did that to the American Indians and no one cried "foul", and our own streets aren't even safe and some are extremely dangerous. We tuck away illegals in sanctuary cities and our own POTUS won't allow our laws to be enforced.

This just seems upside down to me. Why don't the lives of our own citizens matter? We have gangs that dominant some areas so why aren't our military forces deployed to those areas? "To protect against all enemies, both foreign and domestic."
True statistic. Approx 44 Americans are murdered each day and more than 50% of those homicides are black citizens, a huge disproportion of victims.

The only way to end the violence in the impoverished, inner city, black neighborhoods is to get young kids out of the neighborhoods, expose them to a different way of life. Give them a positive role model.

I wonder how many people who protest poor treatment by police or wring their hands and wail about the gang violence in our country ever volunteered to tutor reading to children at an inner city school or mentored an at risk kid.

Military forces or more funding isn't the answer, in my opinion. Change happens one on one. We need more people who want to be the one to help another one.

Old 11-15-2015, 08:02 AM

10,834 posts, read 14,941,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
True statistic. Approx 44 Americans are murdered each day and more than 50% of those homicides are black citizens, a huge disproportion of victims.

The only way to end the violence in the impoverished, inner city, black neighborhoods is to get young kids out of the neighborhoods, expose them to a different way of life. Give them a positive role model.

I wonder how many people who protest poor treatment by police or wring their hands and wail about the gang violence in our country ever volunteered to tutor reading to children at an inner city school or mentored an at risk kid.

Military forces or more funding isn't the answer, in my opinion. Change happens one on one. We need more people who want to be the one to help another one.
I am sure this will come as a total shock for some people.

COMPARING MURDER RATES AND GUN OWNERSHIP ACROSS COUNTRIES

Take black people out of the equation and America would have one of the lowest homicide rates in the world.

Oh, was that ever racist of me? I'm sorry, black lives matter!

Old 11-15-2015, 09:41 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post

Take black people out of the equation and America would have one of the lowest homicide rates in the world.

And yet, the most murderous nation on that list in Honduras, which doesn't have as many Blacks compared to the USA. And then explain Russia, which has a higher murder rate than the USA and not nearly as many Blacks.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:19 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And yet, the most murderous nation on that list in Honduras, which doesn't have as many Blacks compared to the USA. And then explain Russia, which has a higher murder rate than the USA and not nearly as many Blacks.
Verily. Russia and the Balkan States and Latin and Central America seem to vet lost in the shuffle. These are VERY violent regions, with the Russian mob and the cartels calling the shots. The aforementioned organizations make our inner city gangs look like choirboys. They don't just kill , they kill and dismember entire families, just to prove a point. A reputation they are quite proud to enjoy.

Here in the US, LE agencies, from the feds to local, can engage criminal outfits, make arrests and prosecution happens. They still bold a good deal of power. Try that j. Russia, the involved end officers and court officials, and their entire families would be butchered, their bodies dismembered and put in barrels and dropped on the courthouse steps. Life means absolutely nothing. Same with the cartels. If someone can't be bought, then they disappear, often reappearing, a piece here, a piece there.

Its either gold, or lead, take your pick. And no, skin tone doesn't figure in. In that regard, I suppose it can be said there isn't a bigoted bone in their bodies. If so.done thinks the US is hyper violent, then they lead a sheltered life.

Old 11-15-2015, 11:47 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post

The United States is 3rd in murders throughout the World.

But if you take out just 4 cities: Chicago, Detroit, Washington DC, and New Orleans, the United States is 4th from the bottom, in the entire world, for murders.

These 4 cities also have the toughest Gun Control Laws in the U.S.

ALL 4 of these cities are controlled by Democrats.

It would be absurd to draw any conclusions from this data right?

Well, I'm off to check on my spoons. I hear they're making people fat.

Old 11-15-2015, 12:02 PM

401 posts, read 287,725 times
The states with most liberal gun laws generally have the most guns deaths. Note that the states with worst record are decidedly Red and that Blues states are noticeably much better.

Old 11-15-2015, 12:33 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanHunt View Post
The states with most liberal gun laws generally have the most guns deaths. Note that the states with worst record are decidedly Red and that Blues states are noticeably much better.
Some of those blue states have very weak gun laws, like New Hampshire, Minnesota and Iowa as an example. You'll find a stronger correlation to socioeconomic factors, but that doesn't fit your agenda.

Old 11-15-2015, 12:37 PM

30,383 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I was just reading an article about Geraldo Rivera and his daughter being in France during the attack. While this is tragic, I realize that we have a lot of murders in the US that no one is talking about. As it turns out, we have an average of 44 murders per day: How many people are murdered every day in the United States? yet no seems as upset about that or is demanding that something be done, yes, they talk but no real action.

I found these articles which supports my thoughts on the whole thing: Ted Kennedy's Illegals Have Killed Many More Americans Than ISIS and Family Security Matters

So what is the problem. Is it not "pc" to protect your "own" anymore? We send our soldiers to protect and die for other countries, countries who have their own populations who should be defending themselves or be overtaken since we did that to the American Indians and no one cried "foul", and our own streets aren't even safe and some are extremely dangerous. We tuck away illegals in sanctuary cities and our own POTUS won't allow our laws to be enforced.

It's obvious to anyone with a brain where 90% of the murders occur in the USA so you can avoid those areas if you're not an idiot. Our murder rate is decreasing but still far to high. The X factor both in Europe and in the USA for intelligent people is that you have people aligned with the Religion of Hate that are out to kill you with no financial incentive....just killing and dying for the religion.

Old 11-15-2015, 12:44 PM

401 posts, read 287,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Some of those blue states have very weak gun laws, like New Hampshire, Minnesota and Iowa as an example. You'll find a stronger correlation to socioeconomic factors, but that doesn't fit your agenda.
What is the difference in the socioeconomic factors between Tennessee and Iowa that produce double the murder rate in TN?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies