Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2015, 09:36 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,056,625 times

Advertisements

You can't block by religion.
But even to block by country wouldn't happen:
- It would be labeled as "islamaphobic"
- Reid and/or O will block it

So what's the point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 09:41 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,080,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
You can't block by religion.
But even to block by country wouldn't happen:
- It would be labeled as "islamaphobic"
- Reid and/or O will block it

So what's the point?
What's the point of holding both houses of Congress when all they do with that majority is simply continue to blame the minority for their own, ongoing and never ending inaction? Why did the Republicans fight so hard to win both houses if the only thing they planned to do with it is throw up their hands and say, "Oh, well, nothing we can do!"

If they have no plans to even attempt to govern, give it back to the Democrats. They get things done.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:44 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,056,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What's the point of holding both houses of Congress when all they do with that majority is simply continue to blame the minority for their own, ongoing and never ending inaction? Why did the Republicans fight so hard to win both houses if the only thing they planned to do with it is throw up their hands and say, "Oh, well, nothing we can do!"

If they have no plans to even attempt to govern, give it back to the Democrats. They get things done.
Take it up with your guy Reid. He's the one blocking everything he doesn't want getting to O.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:49 PM

3,332 posts, read 1,965,034 times
Default Oh they CONTROL it ?

Quote:
Maybe because the Republicans hold and control both houses of Congress.
You silly get a grip.
Don't you think if the democrats proposed such a bill that a vast majority of the republicans would go along?
I hope that head slap helps your vision, of which you appear to have none.
But like I asked above, why don't the democrats propose a bill like that? We all know they won't but why not?

Old 11-15-2015, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
Take it up with your guy Reid. He's the one blocking everything he doesn't want getting to O.
That hasn't stopped them from 60 some votes to repeal Obamacare, with more on the way. How come that's worth the effort but nothing of any real value is?

What does the GOP plan to do for the next year? The same thing they've done for the last year, which is nothing at all outside of ACA repeal votes? Are they going to just sit there collecting a pay check and whine?

Old 11-15-2015, 09:50 PM

9,511 posts, read 9,094,475 times
Quote:

You are correct, they did get things done. But why wasn't immigration reform done when the democrats herself both the house and Senate? How are the alternative energy loans panning out for our country? How come a budget wasn't passed when both the Senate and the house knew Obama wouldn't veto?

Maybe you meant the decisions to print more money to fund public projects that caused more inflation.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enraeh View Post
You silly get a grip.
Don't you think if the democrats proposed such a bill that a vast majority of the republicans would go along?
No, I don't think they would, and nothing in their recent history suggests otherwise.

The GOP holds both houses of Congress. How about they do something with that majority? Like (and I know this is a reach, but just go with me here for a minute) actually govern?

Asking too much? Yeah, probably.

Old 11-15-2015, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
You are correct, they did get things done. But why wasn't immigration reform done when the democrats herself both the house and Senate? How are the alternative energy loans panning out for our country? How come a budget wasn't passed when both the Senate and the house knew Obama wouldn't veto?

Maybe you meant the decisions to print more money to fund public projects that caused more inflation.
The 111th Congress, the one where the Democrats held both houses from 2009 to 2001, was one of the most productive Congress' in history. Sorry that they didn't get around to absolutely everything in those two years.

Put them back in charge. They will.

ETA: And for contrast, this Congress is shaping up to be one of the least productive.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:08 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Call and email your Reps, tomorrow. Enough is enough.
Oh I do and from Feinstein and Boxer's office I get the same gosh damn letter back or email, telling me why it is a good thing that we take the refuges in. I get tired of the same crap they tell me.

It is a bunch of BS the reasons we ought to be taking them in., and that the Country was built on different cultures BS.

They really need to get their priorities straight, what about all the homeless in this Country all of them, damn it take care of our own before all others. Americans ought to come first and foremost.

Old 11-15-2015, 10:11 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
They can't pass a law blocking it, Obama has discretion here.

They can choose to not fund these refugees.

However, Obama has some discretion with funding that is readily available.

I wish it was as easily as congress blocking Obama on this idiotic move of bringing in 185,000 Syrians..

And this too, will come to be a huge Mistake on his part. You cannot possibly know with that many people what their agenda actually really is.

And who is here for the right reasons, and those who are coming in to do destruction. And I am sure there will be a lot of those you can bet on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies