Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you Agree with Obama that Americans are Shameful?
No 267 84.23%
Yes 50 15.77%
Voters: 317. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 01:38 PM

1,615 posts, read 1,641,337 times

Advertisements

O
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
You know, I probably don't like the guy (could probably dig up the reasons why)............but in this case, I think he's right, if for the wrong reasons. (though I do accept that rejecting refugees is playing right into ISIS's hands)

There are those who are so scared about the plausibility that they want to run and hide behind a wall.

Ever see the TV series, "Friday the 13th", the episode of "Eye of Death". It's a time traveling episode back to the Civil War and Sharpesburg. A time traveler has convinced General Lee to stay put and when one of Lee's colonels asks what if General McCellan (sp?) attacks again, Lee responds, "Then we will fight him with skill and daring as we always have!".

Sort of the same thing here. Don't cower in fear because of a small percentage point of what might happen. Be who you are, what you are known for (the pillar of freedom to the world), and let your defenses and counters take care of that possibility. If it happens, take care of your wounded, bury your dead, and be most certain in retribution. Is that not the position of the strong?

When did we become such a fearful, weak country?
Since when does using commom sense and a thought process make one fearful and weak? What a stretch there my friend. No one on here yet has said they were hiding anywhere. We will celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas just like every other year. We will go to movies,buy presents and take vacations. What the major complaint seems to be is not taking care of and meeting the needs of many and those are the homeless and many of those have been soldiers returning from war. What an idealitist pile of pig ---- your laying on there. Since your such a strong tough character you can help bury the dead in your own city. If you seriously want an answer on what made us weak it has been due to many of our politicians who are limp wristed,and havent the gonads to call a spade a spade due to the assinine thing called PC. Also havent seen many of them accomplish much except to bicker between the parties. Probably the best thing we could do is throw all the rascals out and start over with a clean slate and gonads not egos would be a requirement. Could use a work force to employ folks except we sent the jobs out of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2015, 02:05 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I agree! Up til now they've been able to hide behind their idiotic ideology when the full-time Santa thing was working. Now the masses are waking up to the hangover, and there's no place for them to hide anymore.

Why do these people keep trying the same failed ideology every freak'n 30-40 years, expecting different results?

Like they say: "You can't fix stupid"
You absolutely cannot fix stupid, nor can you fix a ideology where people hide behind their religion and use it as a right to do their wrong.

Have to stop working for a while, as of right now, all kinds of new things happening today with ISIS members. I need to pay attention. I know today 3 ISIS members stabbed a Jewish person in France I believe, really need to hear the news today. 3 men on scooters went up to a jewish man, asked him if he was Jewish, stabbed him and said they were from ISIS. This is the new norm.

Something about 5 other ISIS members also.

We need the best possible procedures in place to make sure that our Country does not make same mistakes as Countries in Europe.

I have friends who are from both party's that are concern for the safety of our Country, this is not a party issue, but should be more of a safety issue concerning citizens of this Country, our safety ought to be the number one priority.

We need to take these people for granted that are ought to rid of us because they are very certain of doing harm to us. And if only one party right now understands the full scope of this party, then to hell with the lies of the other.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:29 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I find it amazing that 15% voted YES... but then I have to check myself knowing full well most of them are envious non-Americans.
No doubt the bunch that had passed endless insult at me for starting topic.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Who the hell cares what Obama thinks anyways. New threat as of right now to N.Y. City from ISIS listening to news right now.

He cares more about the welfare of refuges then the safety of his own people. Not going to stop barbaric people from being barbarians, by being gosh damn politically correct. And not calling out these radical ignorant fools from being just that. Not hurting their feelings, will not stop them from doing harm to those they wish to harm.

These people have the will and the means to do more harm.

Old 11-18-2015, 05:48 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,955,803 times
Default Obama

Quote:

A narcissist with a big ego that bashes the country he leads.
He seems to forget that he works for us, not the other way around.
Well, he was supposed to, anyway.....

Old 11-18-2015, 05:57 PM

271 posts, read 390,323 times
Shameful for wanting protection from terrorists that his admin. is too incompetent to properly vet?

Obama Quiet On Immigration Details Of U.S. Terror Suspects | The Daily Caller

I am shameful that we have him as president and so many ignorant citizens who voted for him.

Old 11-18-2015, 06:01 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Who the hell cares what Obama thinks anyways. New threat as of right now to N.Y. City from ISIS listening to news right now.

He cares more about the welfare of refuges then the safety of his own people. Not going to stop barbaric people from being barbarians, by being gosh damn politically correct. And not calling out these radical ignorant fools from being just that. Not hurting their feelings, will not stop them from doing harm to those they wish to harm.

These people have the will and the means to do more harm.
He has proven over and over that he cares more about the welfare of foreigners by him not enforcing our immigration laws. Is it any wonder that Americans are fed up with foreigners such as illegal aliens and refugees and are tired of having them being put ahead of our own welfare and safety?

Old 11-18-2015, 06:03 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
His disdain for things American and Americans themselves is like the stench of the creature from the black lagoon. His odor proceeds him and lingers long after his exit stage left. Lord, look upon this country with caring and love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I believe this is the first time that a USA President has traveled overseas and called Americans "Shameful" to the world press.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ouse-strategy/

He also was late to a moment of silence of world leaders who were giving a moment of silence to the victims of the Paris mass shooting.

Barack Obama is LATE for moment of silence for Aris attack victims at G20 | Daily Mail Online

Old 11-18-2015, 06:05 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
He has proven over and over that he cares more about the welfare of foreigners by him not enforcing our immigration laws. Is it any wonder that Americans are fed up with foreigners such as illegal aliens and refugees and are tired of having them being put ahead of our own welfare and safety?
"He has proven over and over that he cares more about the welfare of foreigners by him not enforcing our immigration laws"

Well, it's pretty good strategy. He can get the newcomers voting for his party indefinitely

Old 11-18-2015, 06:21 PM

5,034 posts, read 7,414,809 times
Some Americans are cowards and lovers of fear-mongering and are having a hey-day with the Paris attacks. Yes, it is shameful and un-American. Good for Obama! Shame on Cruz, Trump and the rest of those cowards. "Afraid of widows and children," indeed.

I would love to have refugees come to my state, we have plenty of room and have lost population in the last few years. But our economy sucks, our Republican governor has chased jobs out of the state, there would be no jobs for them. If I were a Syrian refugee I would want to be relocated to a state with better job prospects.

Santa Fe Mayor Gonzales has the right idea though: "The people fleeing Syria now are in some of the darkest days of their lives, running from the very terrorism we seek to fight,” Gonzales wrote in a Facebook post Monday. “Basic American values call on us not to bar the way or abandon them to their fate.”

French President Hollande is not a wimp. He is still offering to take in 30,000 refugees. THREE TIMES as many as the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies