Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2015, 03:48 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm against the Patriot Act and I believe the solution to the refugee problem is to quit bombing their homes so that they have to leave.
The refugees are leaving because ISIS and Al Qaeda are infiltrating their homes, stealing their women and children and raping them or selling them into sexual slavery and murdering the men unless they join ISIS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 03:50 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Some states have very liberal limits on multiple gun purchases,
Such as?

Quote:
FFL's are only required to report sales of 2 or more guns to an individual if purchased within 5 business days.
Provide a link to this, or just more drivel.....

Quote:
Private sales have no limits unless through an FFL.
Agreed, however, have you tried to buy a gun through local purchase lately (within the last 5 years)? I have done many purchases....the people I deal with will not sell any type or style of gun without a CCW permit and a signed reciept that say yes I bought this gun....

But you won't hear that on the news....

Quote:
There is no requirement for local LE to enforce above.
Enforce what? Private sale? Why?

Quote:
The other part of this is that an individual can purchase from multiple FFL's to avoid detection.
BS, provide proof.....

Old 11-17-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
No such thing as a private dealer.

You have dealers and you have private citizens.

The vast majority of guns purchase go through a background check.

Exactly, I have been to tons of gun shows and have NEVER seen a "private dealer" with a booth and selling "hundreds" of weapons. I have had to undergo background checks on every firearm purchase I have made, even though I have a CCW. The ONLY private dealer I have ever seen at a gun show was a guy walking around with a rifle on his back and a big flag in the barrel letting people know that the gun was for sale. I also noticed that by the end of the show, he still had the gun.

Old 11-17-2015, 03:58 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,837,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Exactly, I have been to tons of gun shows and have NEVER seen a "private dealer" with a booth and selling "hundreds" of weapons. I have had to undergo background checks on every firearm purchase I have made, even though I have a CCW. The ONLY private dealer I have ever seen at a gun show was a guy walking around with a rifle on his back and a big flag in the barrel letting people know that the gun was for sale. I also noticed that by the end of the show, he still had the gun.

Probably because he wanted 3x what the thing was worth, too.

I find it somewhat humorous that the people who claim to know the most about the "gun show loophole" have never even been to a gun show.

People, please stop with the gun show and online loophole mess. You're only showing how ignorant of the law you really are.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:01 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
So you want to make the illegal sales extra illegal?
The vast majority of crime guns do not come from gun shows or private sales. If private sales were to become illegal, guns would just be acquired via straw purchase (which is already illegal and where the majority of crime guns come from). Of course when someone gets caught doing this they are often not even put in jail, like the recent example where someone illegally purchased a gun for someone else and then the other person killed someone and the straw purchased just got probation with no jail time.
Not illegal, but I think guns transferred to anyone other than an immediate family member should have to undergo a background check - if not, then why do background checks at all? In California if you sell a gun the buyer has to have a background check, I don't see gun owners lobbying Sacramento to change that law.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:04 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,837,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Not illegal, but I think guns transferred to anyone other than an immediate family member should have to undergo a background check - if not, then why do background checks at all? In California if you sell a gun the buyer has to have a background check, I don't see gun owners lobbying Sacramento to change that law.

Probably because they know the slightest ripple will do nothing but cause more headaches. Would you kick a pitbull that finally passed out after a 6-day meth bender? (Yes, a little extreme, but you get the point).

Last edited by spankys bbq; 11-17-2015 at 04:10 PM.. Reason: little more -> nothing but

Old 11-17-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The terrorists just love this! They can go to a gun show and stock up, no questions asked!

Yeah, because those "private dealers" are incapable of common sense and profiling. The Obama is the biggest US supplier of weapons to potential terrorists. How better to corner the market than to infringe the Constitutional rights of law abiding citizens.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:08 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
In Nevada no background check is conducted unless a dealer is selling the gun. At the Reno gun shows there are several private sellers who have booths.
Frequently Asked Questions | Crossroads of the West Gun shows
https://www.revealnews.org/article/g...s-on-firearms/

Old 11-17-2015, 04:10 PM

46,289 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn
The terrorists just love this! They can go to a gun show and stock up, no questions asked!
No they cannot, but keep posting leftist propaganda bull crap...

Old 11-17-2015, 04:10 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
The refugees are leaving because ISIS and Al Qaeda are infiltrating their homes, stealing their women and children and raping them or selling them into sexual slavery and murdering the men unless they join ISIS.
Syria, Libya, Iraq and Afghanistan all had their problems but were relatively stable until we invaded.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies