Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2015, 03:46 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
I'd like to challenge anyone out there, aside from those with FFLs or C&R, etc., to purchase a firearm online, black powder and air excluded, a bonafide firearm, to get one legally delivered to their home via online sale.

I hope this challenge will put this online gun purchasing thing to rest.

However, should you manage to pull it off, let us know. Sales receipts and shipping labels along with pictures would be sufficient proof to satisfy me that it can be done legally.

Let's see what comes about.
I don't see the point of this challenge. A person can purchase a gun online. This requires it to be shipped to someone or business with a federal firearms license, the ffl does the required background check as mandated by the federal government, when the ok is received by the ffl, they he hands you the guns and out the door you go. There is also a fee to the ffl involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2015, 03:49 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Goodnight:

I used to be on the anti-gun crusade, so I kind of know where you are coming from. Nowadays I don't really care but that another story.

Some advice. Do some HW on regulations, gun calibers, distinctions, etc. Know this subject inside and out. Otherwise these guys are going to eat you for breakfast, which is what they have done thus far.

If you are going to take them on, it helps to be well-versed. At present you are anything but that. These guys know their stuff.

It is your stance and that is cool. Lots of people agree with you. But its best to know the facts before going in.

Good Luck Goodnight.
Let's not make this more complicated than it is the OP's major point revolves around not being able ship by common carrier, there are other ways including driving your own car to a location.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:50 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,837,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
I don't see the point of this challenge. A person can purchase a gun online. This requires it to be shipped to someone or business with a federal firearms license, the ffl does the required background check as mandated by the federal government, when the ok is received by the ffl, they he hands you the guns and out the door you go. There is also a fee to the ffl involved.
The purpose of this is to dispel the myth that you can order a firearm online and have it delivered to your door. That must be what the people who quote this mean when they bring it up time and time again. If they're not trying to make folks believe this then there is no point in bringing it up as an argument.

Yes, you can purchase a firearm online. No, it won't be shipped directly to you except in certain, uncommon instances; or illegally. People bringing up Armslist and Gunbroker seem to not understand this.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:51 PM

57,297 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Who requires it to be shipped to an FFL, I understand that is the law who requires, the seller?

Old 11-20-2015, 03:52 PM

45,397 posts, read 60,592,880 times
Quote:

The point of the thread is that numerous anti-gun/pro-confiscation posters are always claiming that one can just go on the internet and buy any kind of firearm without any checks. They always skip the part f your post I bolded.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:53 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Kitchen table FFL's is what many of you are talking about.

Old 11-20-2015, 03:54 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,555,388 times
Quote:
The purpose of this is to dispel the myth that you can order a firearm online and have it delivered to your door. That must be what the people who quote this mean when they bring it up time and time again. If they're not trying to make folks believe this then there is no point in bringing it up as an argument.

Yes, you can purchase a firearm online. No, it won't be shipped directly to you except in certain, uncommon instances; or illegally. People bringing up Armslist and Gunbroker seem to not understand this.
you beat me to it.

I knew next to nothing about firearms until the last couple of years. It's amazing how much misinformation is out there, ESPECIALLY at the political level... exhibit A - Cuomo's safe act and several modifications to it a s a result of his ignorance on guns and ammo. I'm not saying everyone needs to be an expert on guns (I'm far from it), but if you're in a position to write laws, you should be an EXPERT on that subject matter. And this applies to everything, not just firearms.

Old 11-20-2015, 04:00 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
FUD, the anti gunners favorite weapon.

Old 11-20-2015, 04:33 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
I'd like to challenge anyone out there, aside from those with FFLs or C&R, etc., to purchase a firearm online, black powder and air excluded, a bonafide firearm, to get one legally delivered to their home via online sale.

I hope this challenge will put this online gun purchasing thing to rest.

However, should you manage to pull it off, let us know. Sales receipts and shipping labels along with pictures would be sufficient proof to satisfy me that it can be done legally.

Let's see what comes about.
I buy guns online all the time. However, needs to have an FFL, C&R lisence or the firearm must be shipped to entity (usually gunshop) who holds a valid FFL.

NO ONE can have a gun shipped to thier home or gun shop without a valid FFL or C&R.

Old 11-21-2015, 04:19 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,837,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Let's not make this more complicated than it is the OP's major point revolves around not being able ship by common carrier, there are other ways including driving your own car to a location.

Arranging a purchase online and actually completing the purchase online are two very different things. Face to face transactions are legal in many states. That is not an online purchase in the manner many people want to make it appear.

Many people try to make it seem like there is an Amazon for firearms. There simply isn't. Maybe my mind isn't quite as sharp as the typical anti-gun person, but I can't wrap my head around the idea of arranging a sale online is the same as conducting a sale online, especially when people want to make other believe you can simply have a firearm shipped to your door with no background check whatsoever. No manufacturer or gun shop will sell you a firearm and have it delivered to you without an appropriate license.

There was a mention about the "dark web" and BitCoin earlier in this thread. I'd like to see how far along that transaction goes before a badge is waved in that person's face and he/she gets a shiny pair of connected bracelets.

Pro Tip: Make sure their username isn't ATF911.

If the anti-gun folks would just admit that you can't simply go online and buy a gun I'd stop this thread. Until then, I, and other knowledgeable posters, will continue to call them out on the BS.

If those who are against gun rights wish to have an honest debate, we can do that. Until that side is honest, there will be no debate. There will be no concessions. And they will have people calling them out every step of the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies