Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2015, 08:11 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,994,667 times

Advertisements

Planned Parenthood cleared of wrongdoing in key state | TheHill

Quote:
In a 48-page report, Attorney General Bob Ferguson rejected claims that Planned Parenthood has performed partial-birth abortions or that any of its clinics sell fetal tissue for profit “rather than simply recovering costs.”

We found no indication that procedures performed by Planned Parenthood are anything other than performance of a legally authorized medical procedure,” Ferguson wrote in his report.

More than a dozen other states have also ended investigations of Planned Parenthood without finding any illegal or suspicious activity.
The scandal is that Republicans are still using the plainly fraudulent videos as a fundraising tool and an excuse to deny medical treatment to poor women.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2015, 09:47 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,346,065 times
What a shocker, huh?

A liberal Democratic AG from one of the bluest states in the country covering for the butchers at Planned Parenthood. Who'd a thunk it?

Old 11-17-2015, 10:44 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,069,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
Planned Parenthood cleared of wrongdoing in key state | TheHill

The scandal is that Republicans are still using the plainly fraudulent videos as a fundraising tool and an excuse to deny medical treatment to poor women.
I would like to start seeing the perpetrators of these fraudulent videos, etc. prosecuted for committing fraud.

How many tax payer dollars are they wasting? It's disgusting.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:55 AM

9,143 posts, read 5,814,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
I would like to start seeing the perpetrators of these fraudulent videos, etc. prosecuted for committing fraud.

Where was the fraud? They released full, unedited versions.
Those people said what they said.

Old 11-18-2015, 02:58 AM

756 posts, read 425,471 times
Quote:

Where was the fraud? The unedited versions were posted. You are welcome to review them.

Old 11-18-2015, 03:04 AM

756 posts, read 425,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
an excuse to deny medical treatment to poor women.

Why do people assume this is an attack on poor women?
The outrage was over the fetal tissue profit.

Also, while I am not a strict pro-lifer, this issue is always painted as a "war on women" or "men telling women what to do with their bodies (women are pro-lifers too!)
It's not about that at all. As far as I can tell, pro-lifers care about the babies who are being aborted and that no one speaks of for them. It's not about the women, it's not a war on women and it's not about controling their bodies or decisions. It's about the babies, the lives being aborted, often because someone made a poor choice.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:52 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,733,749 times
Quote:

I believe that the CA court case is still ongoing.

It will be interesting to see what is revealed particularly since the perpetrators attempted to take the 5th.
They are clearly hiding something.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:57 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,972,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getitgotitgood View Post
Why do people assume this is an attack on poor women?
The outrage was over the fetal tissue profit.

Also, while I am not a strict pro-lifer, this issue is always painted as a "war on women" or "men telling women what to do with their bodies (women are pro-lifers too!)
It's not about that at all. As far as I can tell, pro-lifers care about the babies who are being aborted and that no one speaks of for them. It's not about the women, it's not a war on women and it's not about controling their bodies or decisions. It's about the babies, the lives being aborted, often because someone made a poor choice.
Because the organization being attacked provides support to poor women.

It's pretty simple like how 2 and 2 are equal to 4 when you put them together...

Old 11-18-2015, 08:57 AM

401 posts, read 288,007 times
WAsnt the fetal tissue research program set up by the Gingrich Congress? They cant defund PP, that would be illegal, but they can change the law that allows the program to continue.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:58 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,134,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
What a shocker, huh?

A liberal Democratic AG from one of the bluest states in the country covering for the butchers at Planned Parenthood. Who'd a thunk it?
Has any Red State AG issued a finding that PP broke any law? I haven't seen it, but maybe I missed it.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies