Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 06:44 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Have they been deprived of vaccines and soon they'll be able to get them?
It sounds like vaccines have not been a part of their package before.

Quote:
Have these "private citizens" been demanding vaccines and been turned down?
See above.

Old 11-18-2015, 07:54 AM

10,235 posts, read 6,324,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
It sounds like vaccines have not been a part of their package before.

See above.
Immunizations are covered for Veterans under Preventive Services; the same as under the ACA Preventive Services for all Health Insurance Plans.

Medical Benefits Package - Health Benefits

So what is the need then for this legislation unless for a tracking system and coercion? It make one wonder are the chips are being put into place to "require" full compliance with adult rates being tied to health insurance; denial of coverage and/or increased premiums. With legislation being passed for children being tied to public school entry, is this the plan for adult consequences of vaccination refusals?

Last edited by Jo48; 11-18-2015 at 08:03 AM..

Old 11-18-2015, 08:08 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,710,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Immunizations are covered for Veterans under Preventive Services; the same as under the ACA Preventive Services for all Health Insurance Plans.

Medical Benefits Package - Health Benefits

So what is the need then for this legislation unless for a tracking system and coercion? It make on wonder is the chips are being put into place to "require" full compliance with adult rates being tied to health insurance; denial of coverage and/or increased premiums. With legislation being passed for children being tied to public school entry, is this the plan for adult consequences of vaccination refusals?
Coverage and access are two completely different things.

As two posters have already noted, the point is to improve access to the vaccines for veterans.
What that says to me is that when veterans receive care from the VA, they will also be able to get vaccinated where previously they may not have been able to do so.

How anyone reads "improved access" as "mandatory" is totally beyond me.

Old 11-18-2015, 08:21 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,492,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
I do not see how they could possibly track this unless a Vet goes to a VA clinic or VA hospital. If they go to a private practice or hospital and use private health insurance, how would the government even know what Vet is getting what vaccinations? A national vaccination database cross referencing adults by Social Security numbers would have to be created. That is a frightening thought, and an invasion of medical privacy.

I know Medicare has a database that tracks Seniors Flu shot rates (claims submitted) by zip codes, but at least they do not bother beneficiaries if they do not get their vaccinations.
the answer is obamacare, and the electronic medical records

Old 11-18-2015, 09:26 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Coverage and access are two completely different things.

As two posters have already noted, the point is to improve access to the vaccines for veterans.
What that says to me is that when veterans receive care from the VA, they will also be able to get vaccinated where previously they may not have been able to do so.

How anyone reads "improved access" as "mandatory" is totally beyond me.
It is improved access to Obeyance Squads.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:41 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,513,195 times
Vets receive vaccinations as part of their routine care. I just finished giving a flu and TDAP whilst checking one in.

Old 11-18-2015, 09:58 AM

Quote:
It is improved access to Obeyance Squads.
Why don't you support improved medical care for our veterans?

I don't get people.

Complain about inadequate care at the VA and then when something is done to improve care, still complain and believe it some sort of conspiracy.

I've yet to see anything in any of the actual language of the bill that states that vets will lose other benefits if they aren't vaccinated.

Some crackpot anti-vax blogger's opinion does not make it so.

Old 11-18-2015, 10:04 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Look up the meaning of the word "schedule".

Old 11-18-2015, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Look up the meaning of the word "schedule".
Any particular place I should look?

Old 11-18-2015, 10:18 AM

10,235 posts, read 6,324,092 times
Vets don't have "access" to vaccinations? The only place they can be vaccinated is through the VA?

Go to any supermarket with a pharmacy (like Publix), retail chains (Walmart, Target, COSTCO), pharmacy chains (CVS, Walgreens), and you will see big signs that they give Flu shots, and "now" have Shingles, Pneumonia, and even Tdap vaccines. Some communities are even now running drive through vaccinations. Stick your arm out of your car and we will vaccinate you.

If these places take government run Medicare, they won't take government run VA Benefits?

I do not think that access was the motivation for this legislation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies