Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2016, 07:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The problem with your way of thinking is that it makes us no better than countries, like Cuba and Iran, that lock people away for indefinite time periods without charges or trials.

I have enough faith in the American system of justice to charge these people with whatever offenses they are being accused and put them on trial.

It also doesn't make sense to spend the kind of money that we are spending for 91 prisoners.

I also think that Obama, who is the Commander and Chief of all Armed Forces, has the authority to move military prisoners to a different federal venue.
It's a sad editorial on our prison system when fool politicians argue that some of these people are too dangerous to put in regular prisons.

Somehow or another, Timothy McVeigh didn't escape or cause problems. Even if you are dangerous you deserve a trial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2016, 07:03 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
I don't care what political party you are with, you have to see the ignorant treason of Obama in this. He is not an American at all, he has no emotional ties or loyalty to this nation at all.

He is a liberal puke with a sham of an Affirmative Action college degree.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:21 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I don't care what political party you are with, you have to see the ignorant treason of Obama in this. He is not an American at all, he has no emotional ties or loyalty to this nation at all.

He is a liberal puke with a sham of an Affirmative Action college degree.
You know what is "ignorant treason?" Thinking that American values, such as the right to a trial, somehow can be ignored because you don't like these people. Sorry, it is repugnant to everything that America stands for to hold people in jail for decades, without charges.

Now, when you say that "he [Obama] isn't an American" or "has no emotional ties or loyalty to this nation at all" you are showing not only that you are immuned to facts, but you are showing, in full display, how the right wing has completely lost its mind. Mr. Obama is as American as George Washington.

Moreover, Mr. Obama isn't particularly liberal at all. I guess it's a matter of visual perspective -- when you are so far to the right, anything to the left of you looks like it's on the far horizon. As for that "Affirmative Action college degree" statement, not only does it leak signs of racial bigotry, it's not even close to being true.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
You know what is "ignorant treason?" Thinking that American values, such as the right to a trial, somehow can be ignored because you don't like these people. Sorry, it is repugnant to everything that America stands for to hold people in jail for decades, without charges.

Now, when you say that "he [Obama] isn't an American" or "has no emotional ties or loyalty to this nation at all" you are showing not only that you are immuned to facts, but you are showing, in full display, how the right wing has completely lost its mind. Mr. Obama is as American as George Washington.
Ignorance is thinking that the scumbags we intern at Gitmo are entitled to our rights. They are not citizens, they are enemies of our nation. You can't be this out of touch.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:31 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Ignorance is thinking that the scumbags we intern at Gitmo are entitled to our rights. They are not citizens, they are enemies of our nation. You can't be this out of touch.
Well, the Supreme court disagrees with you"

United States Supreme Court
HAMDAN v. RUMSFELD, SECRETARY OF DEFENSE, et al., (2006)
No. 05-184

If one has evidence that any person is an "enemies of our nation" than it is an obligation of the government to provide evidence and prove it.

It is disheartening to read the words of a person that probably loves America, yet denounces American justice and what the nation stands for. As Chief Justice Earl Warren said, “It would indeed be ironic if, in the name of national defense, we would sanction the subversion of one of those liberties…which makes the defense of the nation worthwhile.”

I feel that I am wasting my time because all of this must be over your head.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:33 AM

Quote:
We have no clue what they are. We were told that Richard Jewell was a terrorist also.

No, they do not have the same rights but innocent until proven guilty is more than a right.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We have no clue what they are. We were told that Richard Jewell was a terrorist also.

No, they do not have the same rights but innocent until proven guilty is more than a right.
I say let them rot as long as they never see our soil.

Or get cozy with the Russians and put them in a camp in Siberia where they will forget Allah completely.

One thing is for sure, our JV President should wait until we get a Varsity guy in office to make the big decisions.

BTW, Richard Jewel is a citizen and would never be sent to Gitmo so I don't get that reference.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:38 AM

Quote:
I say let them rot as long as they never see our soil.

Or get cozy with the Russians and put them in a camp in Siberia where they will forget Allah completely.

One thing is for sure, our JV President should wait until we get a Varsity guy in office to make the big decisions.

BTW, Richard Jewel is a citizen and would never be sent to Gitmo so I don't get that reference.
Yes you do.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:42 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,061,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
That is literally what Obama does. Rather than capture and incarcerate them, he just kills them. All of them.

Barack Obama is so humane. {sarcasm}
At least they don't get water boarded.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:46 AM

57,321 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Did you know we already tried several terrorists including the Blind Sheikh right in downtown Manhattan, so what's different about these people that they don't need a trial. We have more dangerous prisoners in NY State than these, maybe we should move them to Guantanamo, but at least they go a fair trial.

Too many drama queens in congress making this into ongoing event.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies