Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 05:29 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
Lib speak/ obfuscation by Hillary 'and' by you!

No one .. that I am aware of has said that all Muslims are terrorists!?

What we 'are' saying is: Not all Muslims are terrorist but all terrorists are Muslims.

I can't even give you a "nice try".
And not all Christians are KKK members, but all KKK members are Christians. But that's no reason to paint all Christians with a racist brush, which is exactly what Clinton is saying. The vast majority of Muslims have nothing to do with terrorism, so we shouldn't demonize them all, or their religion, for the actions of a very minuscule fraction of the whole.

Again, though, I realize that's probably too nuanced for you to understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 05:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Government speak...the more they tell you something is or isn't true then you better start to believe the opposite.

Old 11-19-2015, 05:34 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
At first I thought the thread title had to be paraphrasing Clinton but no, she actually said:

"Muslims are peaceful and tolerant people, and have nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism."

Nothing whatsoever.

Old 11-19-2015, 05:36 PM

314 posts, read 401,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And not all Christians are KKK members, but all KKK members are Christians. But that's no reason to paint all Christians with a racist brush, which is exactly what Clinton is saying. The vast majority of Muslims have nothing to do with terrorism, so we shouldn't demonize them all, or their religion, for the actions of a very minuscule fraction of the whole.

Using the conservative logic. Some Muslims are radicals, then all Muslims are radicals. Some christian are KKK, then all christians are KKK. Let's deport them all. The America definitely would be a better place since no one would argue which god is bigger.

Old 11-19-2015, 05:37 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Simple minds can only think in absolutes.
I'm sure Hillary's simple minded absolute is A-OK with you --- 'Muslims are peaceful and tolerant people and have absolutely nothing to do with terrorism.'

'peaceful and tolerant'

Old 11-19-2015, 05:39 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
If the US experiences a terrorist attack close to the election, Hillary's presidential possibilities are toast.

Old 11-19-2015, 05:45 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:

Clinton didn't say "vast majority" or "miniscule fraction". She used no qualifiers or nuance at all.

"Muslims are peaceful and tolerant people, and have nothing whatsoever to do with terrorism."

She is arbitrarily defining Muslims as non-terrorists and terrorists as non-Muslims... two mutually exclusive groups.

Old 11-19-2015, 05:46 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm sure Hillary's simple minded absolute is A-OK with you --- 'Muslims are peaceful and tolerant people and have absolutely nothing to do with terrorism.'

'peaceful and tolerant'
Replace Muslims with Christians in your statement. Would you then conclude that Christians are not peaceful and tolerant people because a small handful of them are KKK racists? Using your logic, that's the only conclusion you can come to--that no Christians are peaceful or tolerant. They must all be racists because a small group of them are.

So, how does it feel to be member of a non-tolerant, racist religion?

Old 11-19-2015, 05:51 PM

337 posts, read 406,049 times
We need to ban both Islam and Christianity as these two religions are the root of all evil in this planet for hundreds of years.

I would be totally in favor if rounding up devout muslims and Christians and putting them in concentration camps for eventual gassing.

Christianity and Islam are two sides of the same coin; the Koran is basically a exact copy of the Bible. The literal adherents of both books are dangerous and mentally unstable.

Old 11-19-2015, 05:56 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times
The absolute best way to offend the Muslim nations we are attempting to form a coalition with is to state the words Islamic Terrorists, this has been the case for the last decade. I don't understand the right wing rationale for continuing to bring up this nonsense as if it matters one bit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies