Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 02:52 AM

563 posts, read 524,609 times

Advertisements

Correction: I meant to title this, Refugees are not our problem. Isis is still a threat.

Is it just me, or does it seem like the Politically Correct Police Force, are out to Shanghai the ideology of what is acceptable or not, when it comes to Syrian Refugees? I feel like I am being, for lack of a better word, mean or unfair, in my beliefs that perhaps having 10,000 people arrive here from a part of the world that has a certain percentage of people that have hostile feelings toward American, is not in the best interest of the US.

Where were we when Sudan was having their civil war? We did not lose any sleep over all of the horrible things that happened there to them. Those people were starving to death, and so they died. I do not know the ideology of the Sudanese people, but this new batch of refugees from Syria or wherever they are coming from, over there, is probably not going to end well. Have you seen some of the press/videos coming out of Europe? Yeah, I know, it is all just propaganda...right. Look at Paris!!!! This whole line of reasoning demonstrates an entire abandonment of any logic. There is NOTHING to be gained, but a lot to be lost. For those who will no doubt protest of how insensitive this can sound, this is a war. It is not our war. Why does every war have to be our war?

The only thing I can suggest is to write your congressman, senator, governor and even the president. Tell then how you feel. Remember who listened at election time.

We have vast oceans to keep everyone on the planet from walking over and setting up house keeping here in the US. The costs hosting these refugees of this will be staggering for the West. Best of all, the people we want to save, well, a large percentage of them want us all dead. Please remind me of why it is a good idea to bring these people here? Who said this is a good thing? Why don't we just rebuild their little cities over there where they came from? If we are going to have to foot the bill, why not just do that, provide them with all that they need on their turf. Either way, we are not going to come out of this ahead. Horrendous policy makers. The absolute worst, well, that I can think of at the moment.

Last edited by Hollywood55; 11-19-2015 at 03:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 03:00 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,149,635 times
According to the recent polls on this forum, most of us feels this way. But Obama and his sheep don't care. They're gonna have their feel-good "we helped refugees" story and it doesn't matter how many people have to die to make it happen.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:04 AM

I used to think he had a plan. But not so much anymore.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:23 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood55 View Post
I used to think he had a plan. But not so much anymore.
Obama and leftist have a plan. The plan is to change the population and people in America.

We're bringing in 70,000 refugees/year and some sources say it's closer to 170,000 with chain immigration of relatives and other programs, 1 million legal immigrants and nearly 1 million illegals every year.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Obama and leftist have a plan. The plan is to change the population and people in America.
The terrorist plan is:
1. Get muslim terrorist elected as US president
2. Get him to disarm americans
3. Get him to allow flood of muslim terrorists into country

Old 11-19-2015, 03:34 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
These muslim families often have 6 or more children. Add the constant immigration and they'll be a huge population demanding that their cultural and Islamic beliefs and practices be accepted. The FBI is already investigating muslims involved in terrorism in every state and makes arrest regularly.

Old 11-19-2015, 03:54 AM

It is staggering to comprehend all that is happening and how smooth it is all going down. This is just so blatant, in your face, kind of methodology that I personally have never seen before. I was looking on a website this evening and was thinking about going on a bargain Europe vacation in Prague, Budapest, and one other city, and after looking at the map of where all of these refugees are traipsing across the countryside, I have decided I would just rather stay here. But I am afraid that one day, that scenario could be here as well. I do not get why anyone would want to promote Islam. It is not a money making proposition. They are used to having very little and may be happy with less that the average American. It is like they just won the lottery. To be honest, if they were nice people, I would not be so concerned. But does not seem to be the case. These people are not Americans. They do not belong here. Iceland is not taking any, but then again, they seem to be so much smarter.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:14 AM

Why is it up to us to come up with a solution to their crisis?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-19-2015 at 08:37 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 11-19-2015, 04:15 AM

34,069 posts, read 17,102,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Why is it up to us to come up with a solution to their crisis?
It's not. It is up to each nation to protect it's OWN citizens.

Old 11-19-2015, 04:24 AM

23,568 posts, read 17,245,407 times
If they are running away from their home and country they can't be helped. these people are given weapons and years of training, they drop their weapons and run.

no cure for that

Last edited by Ibginnie; 11-19-2015 at 08:38 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies