Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2015, 06:05 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
Im all for taking gins from cops but whennis the crime going stop too, why cant the black community just behave
Because they feel that whatever negative that happens to them is whiteys fault.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:23 AM

57,328 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annuvin View Post
I think a lot of posters screaming for police blood in this thread need to read about the violent and unpredictable behaviour of PCP users before climbing on top of their high horse. An unarmed PCP user is bad enough. A PCP user with a knife is simply terrifying. Tazers don't work on them, broken bones don't stop them and thinking two cops alone would be able to restrain one is laughable.

I am being quite honest when I say that I thought it was a racially motivated shooting until I heard the kid was armed with a knife and flying on angel dust. However once you add PCP and a knife together, you end up with a justified shooting. End of story.

Very true but how did the police know that he was on PCP, that still does not give them the right to kill someone particulary since he was moving away from the police SUV's not towards him. PCP is a problem nationwide along with other drugs and it is a difficult job for the police but this is unacceptable.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:41 AM

7,515 posts, read 5,758,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Because this is not the first time this cop has been involved in the excessive use of force against blacks in Chicago, but it is the first time he's going to have to answer for it. And only because the city is being forced to release the video, or else he would walk again, just like he has done on previous occasions.

And because this is the kind of thing that BLM is fighting against. And because this happens again and again and again and typically, the cop walks. Tamir Rice, Michael Brown, Eric Garner...the list goes on and on and on.

Unarmed People of Color Killed by Police, 1999-2014

And in every case, the cop walked.
Maybe you shouldn't run around brandishing a knife? When someone uses deadly force it means they are going to kill you. So, let's look at this for what it was:

A thug with a knife
A cop that stopped the threat

What history did this kid have? Church goer? I bet not.

Old 11-25-2015, 06:48 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,103,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlmike View Post
The dead teens background is irrelevant because this incident was so grossly mishandled and jacked up it really doesnt matter . You dont continue firing 16 rds after the threat(debatable) as been stopped. Heck with they way he was shooting off rounds im surprized he didnt hit others. IMO the only balancing needs to be done by the jury is life or the death penalty.

Btw I have almost 10 years exp as an LEO. Ive dealt with people high on god knows what and saw a guy get hit with a taser and pull the barbs out and dared us to fight him.. been there done that. But after viewing this video there is no way I can defend this guy. It was poorly handled they had numbers and time to come up with something. If this teen had the knife extended and made a move at anyone of those officers then YES take him down even if its a hale of gun fire. But that wasnt the case here.

Like Ive pointed out why is this one officer being the only one brought up on charges?
That's the bottom line (in bold). I'll give the cop the benefit of the doubt for the first round. After that it was just a cold blooded execution. Bad cop. Shouldn't have been on the force.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:01 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Hmm. The cop in Baltimore, where riots happened, was Black. Police Chief was Black. Mayor was Black. Can't blame that on Whites.

Do you live in a mostly White neighborhood now? I can see why you are glad.
I lived on the Northwest side of Chicago. We used to call it the white bread part of town because it's so white. Chicago is a very segregated city. Now I live in a town of under 100,000 in a mixed area of black, white and Hispanic. And I have no problem with any of my neighbors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Maybe you shouldn't run around brandishing a knife? When someone uses deadly force it means they are going to kill you. So, let's look at this for what it was:

A thug with a knife

Except that the kid was not using deadly force when he was gunned down. He was walking away from the cops.

I notice you're not interested in the history of the cop. He had 18 citizen complaints against him and in at least one case the city was forced to pay out close to a half a million dollars for excessive use of force when he roughed up a man so badly he couldn't work for a long time. His crime was not having a front license plate on his car. And the cop was never so much as disciplined for it. But that's about to change.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:07 AM

45,238 posts, read 26,470,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
Im all for taking gins from cops but whennis the crime going stop too, why cant the black community just behave
a good start would be to end the drug war, no more welfare and eliminate the min wage.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:15 AM

57,328 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post

A thug with a knife

The police report orginally stated that the assailant lunged at the police officer with a knife, now we know that is a lie. The Wall Street Journal and Chicago Tribune tried to get the autopsy report and the video going back to earlier this year when they suddenly awarded the family $5M without a trial, everyone asked why and now they know.

The judge finally made them release the video this week, the city of Chicago and the PD have quite a bit of explaining to do to the public.

Keep trying to offer some rationale, he was on PCP, he was a thug and deserved it, there was no reason for the use of deadly force. It's impossible to even explain the first bullet, forget about the next 15. The Independent Police Review Authority (independent LOL) referred this to the Cook County DA's Office last April, the video comes out an now the police officer is charged with first degree murder, where have they been for the last year.

This is being investigated by the FBI now, there should be more than just the one cop going to jail, this stinks top to bottom.

Last edited by Goodnight; 11-25-2015 at 08:00 AM..

Old 11-25-2015, 07:24 AM

45,591 posts, read 27,215,643 times
I think they want to use the video to cause further chaos and unrest.

There is just bad stuff happening from all angles here.

Old 11-25-2015, 07:36 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,490,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The police report orginally stated that the assailant lunged at the police officer with a knife, now we know that is a lie.
Actually, if you watch the video, he does spin around with the knife just before going down. Did he intentionally spin and lunge or was it the first shot that caused him to spin? I can't tell, can you?

Old 11-25-2015, 07:43 AM

30,400 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM05 View Post
What??

Why??

Because the killing was done by a so-called ''Peace Officer'' of the Law, THAT'S WHY!!!!!
Maybe you have an idealized view of cops. Most cops are egotistical aholes that I don't care for. However, they provide a necessary service and have a tough job to do. When they break the law, they should be prosecuted as anyone else would.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies