Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2015, 08:33 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
It does. That figure considers a 'mass shooting' as any gun violence event in which 4 people including the shooter are injured. It includes gang shootings, robberies, drug deals and other events that most people don't consider a 'mass shooting' the way its interpreted by the media.

Remove the gang, crime and drug shootings and the number of 'mass shootings' plummets. Its much like how some gun grabbers use the 30k gun deaths per year statistic, when 2/3 of that total are suicides. I live in a city of over a quarter million people, with relaxed gun laws, and we just had the first murder of the year a few days ago. And it was drug related.

Manipulating these statistics is simply left-wing fear mongering about how 'common' mass shootings are, when these San Bernadino, Newtown and Aurora incidents are actually pretty uncommon. When they do occur, they happen in gun-free zones, where nobody with a legal CCL can put up a defense. The average mass shooting thwarted by cops has about 14 victims, while the average thwarted by a citizen is just over 2.

The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun, but the left is exploiting these tragedies to make it harder for the good guys to own and use guns.
Very true indeed. Thanks for the info.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:39 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,389,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
If she had committed no crimes and had no known family or acquaintance terror connections then she she would pass. Vetting can't do Minority Report on anyone.

In this case a white collar born in the US citizen with a good government job wanted to sponsor his 24 year old Saudi wife. Should that have set off alarm bells?

Better shut down ALL immigration since we can never be 100% certain.

She handled weapons like a pro. She had to have training somewhere. She did not pick up those skills playing "Call of Duty" on XBox.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:41 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,492,279 times
CNN is reporting they recovered accounts that she has pledge allegiance to ISIS Leader.

Cell phones smashed, rented cars, 2500 rounds of ammo, modified firearms, pipe bombs and tactical gear.

Nope, still not terrorism. Nothing to see here people. Please, if your are still calling this workplace violence.... Let's stop being so PC and call a spade, a spade.

I am friends with many Muslims, all good people and I stand up for them. But she was vetted and this happened.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:46 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Apparently these two terrorists acquired their guns through a straw purchase. The FBI needs to find out who the middleman was. Then come down on him like a ton of bricks. I wonder what the penalties are for handling a straw purchase. They need to be severe. Like fifty years no parole. Eliminate these straw purchases and you'll eliminate a lot of gun violence. Everyone should be able to agree on this. Pro-gunners and anti-gunners alike.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:48 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_250 View Post
CNN is reporting they recovered accounts that she has pledge allegiance to ISIS Leader.

Nope, still not terrorism. ::hand::
Just some American citizens practicing, and enjoying, their second amendment rights. Nothing to see here folks. Don't go making this political before the victims are buried and others are Christmas shopping for their second amendment weapons ammo.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Apparently these two terrorists acquired their guns through a straw purchase. The FBI needs to find out who the middleman was. Then come down on him like a ton of bricks. I wonder what the penalties are for handling a straw purchase. They need to be severe. Like fifty years no parole. Eliminate these straw purchases and you'll eliminate a lot of gun violence. Everyone should be able to agree on this. Pro-gunners and anti-gunners alike.
I completely agree.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:49 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,492,279 times
Quote:
Agree. I am a gun owner and I am for strict background checks.

Loopholes need to be closed. It's just that simple.

Quote:
Isn't a straw purchase really someone legally buying a gun and privately selling it? What is the problem with a private sale of guns/riffles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Just some American citizens practicing, and enjoying, their second amendment rights. Nothing to see here folks. Don't go making this political before the victims are buried and others are Christmas shopping for their second amendment weapons ammo.
Nope, only one was an American, the other was a ME dirtbag. Actually they were both ME dirtbags, one just happened to be born here.

Old 12-04-2015, 08:52 AM

I wonder when the NRA will finally realize that, "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." is a message directly to ISIS sympathizers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies