Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2015, 09:06 AM

8,653 posts, read 9,174,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I wonder when the NRA will finally realize that, "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." is a message directly to ISIS sympathizers.
Or this part. Here you'll notice it doesn't state "the right of the militia to keep and bear arms" It clearly states the right of a state to form a well regulated militia and the right of the people to bear arms.

"In the United States, with an English common law tradition, a long-standing common law right to keep and bear arms has been recognized as existing prior even to the creation of a written national constitution.[12] In the United States, the right to keep and bear arms is also an enumerated right specifically protected by the U.S. Constitution and many state constitutions[13] such that people have a personal right to own arms for individual use, and a right to bear these same arms both for personal protection and for use in a militia.[14] The right to keep and bear arms is codified in the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution."

Old 12-04-2015, 09:09 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,504,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If someone had a gun at the Christmas party ,they could have taken out the terrorists. It was a gun free zone.
I don't really believe that. They had a chance, but nothing more. Just because you have a gun it just means you have tool for defense. Training is key. Target practice in your back yard and confined space tactics are two totally different things.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:11 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,504,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
You are blaming Obama?!? This is just priceless of right-wingers! Tell the NRA to go after our congress to do what you want done as you describe in your post here.
I'm not a right winger, FYI.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:11 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,814,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
shut up with your dumb propaganda. Why do you Lefties protect violent Muslims? Why???????? You people are a real danger to our society.
This is something that simply does not add up. Gay and Muslim activist groups joined together in protest; like "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" but the truth is Muslims despise homosexuals more than Christians and Jews. The alliance didn't ring true for most.

Now we have this just being released a few minutes ago:

Female Shooter Pledged Allegiance to ISIS Leader: Sources
The woman suspected of carrying out the San Bernardino massacre with her husband posted a statement of support for ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi

Female Shooter Pledged Allegiance to ISIS Leader: Sources | NBC Southern California

So we now know it was an act of Islamic terrorism, yet nobody will actually say it.

These people were on a watch list, just like the Boston bomber brothers, and they (the government) did nothing. If they can't stop radicalized citizens already on terrorism watch lists - just how the hell will the government vet hundreds of thousands of Muslim refugees?

I guarantee a small percentage of them will become, or already are, radicalized. And when we start having routine San Bernardino attacks, the left will blame the guns. It's a self serving use of the ends justifying the means.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Yeah and? None of that matters. Where was the FBI and the NSA on this? They were using social media to contact KNOWN terrorists, they used telephones to contact KNOWN terrorists, they flew overseas may times. What happened?
Exactly my point as well!

Old 12-04-2015, 09:12 AM

28,984 posts, read 30,380,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
This is something that simply does not add up. Gay and Muslim activist groups joined together in protest; like "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" but the truth is Muslims despise homosexuals more than Christians and Jews. The alliance didn't ring true for most.

The woman suspected of carrying out the San Bernardino massacre with her husband posted a statement of support for ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi

Female Shooter Pledged Allegiance to ISIS Leader: Sources | NBC Southern California

So we now know it was an act of Islamic terrorism, yet nobody will actually say it.

These people were on a watch list, just like the Boston bomber brothers, and they (the government) did nothing. If they can't stop radicalized citizens already on terrorism watch lists - just how the hell will the government vet hundreds of thousands of Muslim refugees?

I guarantee a small percentage of them will become, or already are, radicalized. And when we start having routine San Bernardino attacks, the left will blame the guns. It's a self serving use of the ends justifying the means.

Honestly, I believe American's have lost the ability to think clearly for themselves.....

Old 12-04-2015, 09:13 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,786,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
It does. That figure considers a 'mass shooting' as any gun violence event in which 4 people including the shooter are injured. It includes gang shootings, robberies, drug deals and other events that most people don't consider a 'mass shooting' the way its interpreted by the media.
Correct. Like I said a mass-shooting is an incident where 4, or more people get shot (not necessarily killed). No one suggested it excludes gang related shootings. As a matter of fact, it speaks against the myth of 'it happens only in gun free zones', because (like I said) vast majority of mass-shootings occur on the street (gangs) where both sides are armed. The problem is that the media (and apparently CD posters) are in love with the type of mass-shooting where some deranged gunman, or terrorist ambush and kill people.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:13 AM

9,981 posts, read 8,619,901 times
Default San Bernadino slaughter officially ISIS attack

Breaking.

Tashfeen Malik pledged allegiance to ISIS leader
https://www.bing.com/news/search?q=T...isis&FORM=EWRE

Old 12-04-2015, 09:14 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,803,248 times
Quote:

Fort Hood, just work place violence.

5,051 posts, read 3,596,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If someone had a gun at the Christmas party ,they could have taken out the terrorists. It was a gun free zone.
Hahaha - pure NRA fantasies - who is going to go to a Christmas party where everyone is armed, unless it's being held at the firing range ?

Does your little brain really think that one of the diners in that Paris cafe or concert goers would have been able stop the carnage with their handgun ? Think about what your saying.

13,898 posts, read 6,471,427 times
Quote:

Who was it that said these killings are a wonderful opportunity to pass new gun laws?

Oh that's right.. Our racist AG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies