Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 09:15 PM

756 posts, read 424,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundman View Post
Rachel Maddow was just on her show saying that Trump must be intentionally trying to sabotage his campaign with the Muslim comments because he doesn't really want to be President and is scared because he is so far ahead. Obama, the Dems, and the liberal media are in a total echo chamber were they assume their beliefs are self-evidently true because thats all they hear from their fellow liberals. The truth is that most Americans distrust Muslims, don't like them and see no reason for more of them to come here.
I don't think Trump is trying to sabotage his campaign, I think his whole candidacy is a giant exercise in ego gratification and seeking attention. He is a classic narcissist and I think he realized that POTUS is the biggest high in the world for someone who craves attention. He is on the media talking to someone every five minutes. I think THAT is why he never elaborates on his policies, he really has none. He understands what people want to hear and he taps into it brilliantly. I don't think he's scared of being president, I don't think his ego would allow that. I also don't think he has a chance though and he's just gonna hand it to Hillary since none of the other Republicans are all that exciting and he sucks all the oxygen out of the room so we never hear as much about them.

...and Rachael Maddow?? Ugh! I can't listen to her for more than 5 seconds with the snarky demeanor she gives off. That and the face that she is one of THE most shamelessly partisan people in the media.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:43 PM

7,778 posts, read 6,390,372 times
Don't ban Muslims, ban all middle east immigrants.

They can go to Islamic countries from west Africa to the Philippines, there is no good reason to bring them here.

Old 12-08-2015, 10:47 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
If you think it is a VIOLATION of AMERICAN LAW to ban ISLAM, deport all MUSLIMS, and close all MOSQUES, reconsider -

It is a violation of American law to advocate the overthrow of America's government - which is exactly what ISLAM teaches.

See "The Smith Act"
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2385
: : : : : : : :
= = =
Islam is at war with all peoples, religions, and governments.
= = =
"I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ and whoever says, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,’ his life and property will be saved by me." (saith Mohammed)
Hadith about Jihad - Islam web - English
= = =
From Jihad in Islam by Sayyeed Abdul A'la Maududi, one of the most prolific and most widely read and influential Islamic writers of the 20th Century:
“The goal of Islam is to rule the entire world and submit all of mankind to the faith of Islam. Any nation or power that gets in the way of that goal, Islam will fight and destroy.”
Eternal jihad until all are converted, dhimmi, or dead.
Convert, Submit, or DIE.
No other option.
= = =
By their own scriptures, Muslims embrace the destruction of all non-Islamic governments including the constitutional governments in the USA. That, alone, is a federal crime.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:30 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
I'm calling photoshop--I saw that interview earlier today. Did not see that poll, or any mention of those results.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:45 PM

254 posts, read 145,973 times
The liberal media and democrats forget that jimmy carter banned all Iranians from coming to America during the hostage crisis.

Here's Jimmy "Hitler" Carter saying it back in 1980.

Fourth, the Secretary of Treasury [State] and the Attorney General will invalidate all visas

issued to Iranian citizens for future entry into the United States, effective today. We will not reissue visas, nor will we issue new visas, except for compelling and proven humanitarian reasons or where the national interest of our own country requires. This directive will be interpreted very strictly.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:46 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Fake screenshots.

The actual survey is here: https://app.bingpulse.com/App/msnbcdayside/daypulse but will reset tomorrow.

90% say Trump has gone too far.

See...
http://imgur.com/TSV2Znd

http://imgur.com/uxtSg4W

Last edited by katzpaw; 12-08-2015 at 11:56 PM..

Old 12-08-2015, 11:49 PM

1,077 posts, read 1,396,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I don't get seemingly intelligent people who trot this nonsense out. Trump is a fantastically sucessful businessman in one of the toughest cities in the world, and yet these people think he's scared?
Trump isn't scared of taking a fork and sticking it into his own chest with force. His latest Hitler-esque rhetoric is solid proof of it.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:51 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,953,657 times
Go Trump. He says what the rest of us think and have no voice to promote.

My guess is his poll number climb another 10 points. Goodbye Cruz and Rubio, we don't need your religious extremist views either.

Our government, a minority group is destroying the country and raising the ire of the American people. My guess is we are on the verge of leaders calling for the removal of the present regime. There needs to be some serious changes made in the Federal Govt or it is going to unravel, or be unraveled.

Old 12-08-2015, 11:51 PM

369 posts, read 193,790 times
http://today.yougov.com/opi/surveys/...b-005056a875d9

Old 12-08-2015, 11:52 PM

254 posts, read 145,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Fake screenshots.
but... but... but

It aired on live tv, get over it.

And if it really does swing from one extreme to the other, its msnbc fudging it to fit the agenda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies