Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with Obama that Americans should start informing on other Americans?
Yes 6 6.74%
No 23 25.84%
No. This is another thing that will backfire on Obama and the Democrat Party. 55 61.80%
The White House is requesting Americans to inform on other Americans. Obama has nothing to do with it. 0 0%
Other 5 5.62%
Not Sure 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 07:02 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,328,309 times

Advertisements

This topic is getting huge. Do you agree with Obama that Americans should start informing on other Americans?

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ts-if-you.html

Old 08-05-2009, 07:05 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Of course...and you can start with me.

The most amazing thing about all this is watching all the Dems and libs line up to defend this administration.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:07 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,755,547 times
Scary stuff. All I can think of is if Bush administration had suggested this. Holy hell would have been unleashed.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:12 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,426,570 times
Forwarding emails is now being an informant?

Did you read the article? No one asked anyone to report causal conversations. Anyone who got that out of the article has reading comprehension issues. People were invited to forward emails and report websites to the White House. But I thought that's what the right wingers loved, forwarding emails and sharing websites. Isn't that how they get all their information?

Old 08-05-2009, 07:13 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
I'm confused, as usual.

Opponents of Obama are spreading blatant lies about the health care legislation in an attempt to incite fear (much like they spread lies about Obama himself during the campaign).

Should the White House ignore these lies, or try to control misinformation and provide the facts?

Should I assume that you support lying and the spreading of lies, so long as it serves your political agenda?

I can't imagine this is the party of values I have heard so much about. You're defending blatant lies.

(and seriously - what is it with forwarded emails in conservative circles? I get many of them from various friends and they're always full of misinformation that no one ever questions because it validates their deepest fears about the other side)

Old 08-05-2009, 07:15 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I'm confused, as usual.

Opponents of Obama are spreading blatant lies about the health care legislation in an attempt to incite fear (much like they spread lies about Obama himself during the campaign).

Should the White House ignore these lies, or try to provide the facts?

Should I assume that you support lying and the spreading of lies, so long as it serves your political agenda?

I can't imagine this is the party of values I have heard so much about. You're defending blatant lies.

(and seriously - what is it with forwarded emails in conservative circles? I get many of them from various friends and they're always full of misinformation that no one ever questions)
Why do you make the assumption that the Obama administration does not lie?

Old 08-05-2009, 07:18 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,430,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I'm confused, as usual.

Should the White House ignore these lies, or try to control misinformation and provide the facts?

(and seriously - what is it with forwarded emails in conservative circles? I get many of them from various friends and they're always full of misinformation that no one ever questions because it validates their deepest fears about the other side)
THE ADMINISTRATION has been blatantly lying, yet you're all too stupid to see it. You want SO BADLY to be right about Obama that you'll all run right off the cliff with him.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:18 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
No. But for different reasons.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:21 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Stupidest thread ever. Not only is there ANOTHER thread talking about this whole issues, but the premise of this OP is so utterly FLAWED that it's impossible to even have a discussion.

Quick! Make up some story about OBAMA doing something so rediculous only mentally deficient people will believe it...then stand back and watch then all come out and play.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:22 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,709,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
THE ADMINISTRATION has been blatantly lying, yet you're all too stupid to see it. You want SO BADLY to be right about Obama that you'll all run right off the cliff with him.
No. You're completely missing the point. This isn't about the Obama administration or whether or not they are lying. I realize all politicians lie to some degree.

The point of this thread is that the far-right has conjured up blatant lies and spread them virally where they cannot be fact checked.

Do two wrongs make a right? Shouldn't your values come into play at some point to be the better side and speak truth rather than spread lies to win political points?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies