Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 12:58 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,958,896 times

Advertisements

I'm uncomfortable with calling radical Islamic terrorists "cowards"

So! Don't call the ba$tards cowards then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 01:39 PM

23,566 posts, read 17,241,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I don't think cowards strap a dynamite belt and push the button or knowingly subject themselves to death by a hail of bullets. Characterizing them as such is a mistake.
The message is lost in the wordsmithing and not worth discussing outside an english class or journalism course.

the point being, the radical islamists kill innocent, unarmed, unsuspecting people.

Just like the anti hunters charge hunters as being cowards because they use a gun instead of meeting a grizzly bear in hand to hand combat.

A lack of equality of the playing field can earn one the title of coward.

The british called american patriots cowrds because they hid behind trees and rocks and didn't meet in formal battle lines in the open field.

Old 12-10-2015, 01:47 PM

2,653 posts, read 3,049,935 times
I never said the Islamic terrorists are courageous. I simply said I don't believe they are "cowards."

To me, the term coward means a person who does not force themselves to do what they think is right even though they are afraid.

These terrorists truly believe what they are doing is "right".

Old 12-10-2015, 02:31 PM

18,805 posts, read 8,479,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The message is lost in the wordsmithing and not worth discussing outside an english class or journalism course.

the point being, the radical islamists kill innocent, unarmed, unsuspecting people.

Just like the anti hunters charge hunters as being cowards because they use a gun instead of meeting a grizzly bear in hand to hand combat.

A lack of equality of the playing field can earn one the title of coward.

The british called american patriots cowrds because they hid behind trees and rocks and didn't meet in formal battle lines in the open field.
Of course any terrorist would rather destroy a western military target, but that is not going to be easy enough, or commonly enough done. They simply do not have the means or manpower to do so on any regular basis.

Kamikaze pilots in WW2 were in no way cowards. They had to let themselves be blinded by faith or nationalism, call it what you want. But any of these suicidal terrorists were/are not quaking in their boots cowards by any means. That term is used by the other side as a means to degrade them. They all simply used or are using the only resources that they had/have to prosecute their war.

Much like the Kamikazes, these sorts of sudden and unexpected lone wolf attacks are about their only means of offense at this time in the USA. And mostly undefended citizenry will remain their targets.

Old 12-10-2015, 02:58 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
I have my own word for those commit acts of terror against innocent and defenseless women and children but the TOS rules do not allow me to post them, I doubt I am alone.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:07 PM

94 posts, read 76,498 times
Yeah, killing unarmed civilians is so brave.

They're stupid enough to actually think they're going to some heavenly place after they commit these terrorist acts. It doesn't take a whole lot of courage if you're so brainwashed to actually believe that nonsense. To them, it only gets better after death.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:27 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Killing unarmed people as they did in Paris or San Bernadino = Cowards

The two Terrorist from the Phoenix Mosque that were taken out by by the sheriff Deputy with a hand gun are Martyrs

I say we need more Martyrs

Old 12-10-2015, 03:30 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danglecity8819 View Post

They're stupid enough to actually think they're going to some heavenly place after they commit these terrorist acts. It doesn't take a whole lot of courage if you're so brainwashed to actually believe that nonsense. To them, it only gets better after death.
No surprise. According to a girl I used to date who left Islam Martyrdom is heavily preached in Islam, and of course they are Gods chosen people too!

Old 12-10-2015, 03:38 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,101,072 times
It doesn't matter if they are basically "cowards" or not.

They are stoned out of their mind on a drug called Captagon

Forbes Welcome

It's like meth. But laced with heroin and who knows what else.

The frailest, most neurasthenic Walter Mitty type could charge up San Juan Hill... alone!...On Captagon.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:40 PM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danglecity8819 View Post

there are american soldiers who sit in rooms stateside that do exactly that....and on Obamas orders.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies