Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 05:47 PM

37,191 posts, read 19,183,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Wow, "real liberal politics" and batcrap crazy posters go hand in hand it would seem.
Yep. Crazy like foxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 05:48 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
We can discuss 1A under separate cover if you wish. It's always fun. I was a Journalism major, and spent a good portion of a semester studying it.
A Journalism major studying the 1st A is like a McDonald's employee bragging about watching the Food Network.

Old 12-10-2015, 05:51 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,116,634 times
I thought this thread was about illegal immigrants.

Old 12-10-2015, 05:51 PM

37,191 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
A gleeful fascist roots for the dictatorship of Obama because he is afraid of guns. Yeah, that is how the frog gets boiled.
I know you're not talking about me. Who are you talking about?

Old 12-10-2015, 05:58 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,116,634 times
Quote:
A lot of us have been saying for a long time that either the gun fetishists are going to participate in a national dialogue on what to do about the murder rate and mass shootings in the U.S., or they are going to get steamrolled by the tidal wave of popular support for measures to address the issue.

Looks like President Obama is getting ready to pounce on it, since the GOP is incapable of voting unless the NRA tells them how. His proposals won't solve the problems entirely, but every little bit helps. Doing nothing is not an option.

A Disgusted President Obama Will Act Alone And Take Executive Action On Guns
Your boy Obama ain't pouncing on anything except maybe his wife. You are right though; he is disgusting!
He's been informed that such a decree would put him in greater danger than he currently is.
Never has a President had so much Secret Service protection.
Anyway, sounds like you want a civil war. Will you be there?

Last edited by finalmove; 12-10-2015 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 12-10-2015, 06:19 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,839,297 times
Quote:
I know you're not talking about me. Who are you talking about?

Anyone who supports Obama acting unilaterally by using executive orders to strip away constitutional rights of law abiding citizens.

Old 12-10-2015, 06:47 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,832,914 times
You're sure to get loads of people lining up for a meaningful dialogue when so often those you claim to want to sit down with are immediately insulted. Stop that nonsense and you might make a little progress.

Old 12-10-2015, 06:51 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,215,951 times
Quote:
I'm sure his lawyers are up nights working on it.

2A is not absolute. Even the Heller decision in 2008 made it clear that the government can regulate guns without compromising 2A. If Congress was to vote to make all assault-style rifles, handguns, and any gun with a capacity of over five rounds illegal for private ownership, 2A would still be intact. If they outlawed everything except muzzleloaders, 2A would still be what it is supposed to be.

Also, ammunition is not covered under 2A. It could be banned completely in private hands, or controlled so that documented paperwork had to accompany its movement at all times, and so that spent cartridges had to be turned in to buy more, and it would have no impact on 2A.
I reload my own. With my gear I can crank out several thousand rounds a day.

But keep dreaming, and the 2A is absolute. Shall not be infringed means exactly that. At best your idiot in the WH can have my Title III license pulled and that wouldn't break my heart. Still a lot of legally owned machine guns and cannons out there. Good luck seizing those.

Old 12-10-2015, 06:54 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,876,904 times
I am a gun owner and hunter. I have no issue with background checks or closing the alleged loopholes. I wonder tho. How many mass shootings were the result of not having back ground checks and the alleged loopholes?

Old 12-10-2015, 06:59 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,215,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I am a gun owner and hunter. I have no issue with background checks or closing the alleged loopholes. I wonder tho. How many mass shootings were the result of not having back ground checks and the alleged loopholes?
What loopholes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies