Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2015, 10:08 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
How about you folks who think politicfact is worthless point out just exactly where they lied. And provide facts not opinion.

...I'm listening
I don't know if they lied, but the best example I have of PF being wrong is how it handled 'If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep it.'

PF rated that True in 10/08. If you want to give that a pass because it was before the 1st election, ok, let's go to 6/12. PF gave it Half-True. By then, everyone except maybe you and a few other Obama-ists knew it was a lie.

Finally, PF saw the light and declared the lie 'The 2013 Lie of the Year.'

PF's kindness to Obama/Susan Rice runs a close 2nd.

I don't think PF is worthless. Besides offering readers original sources, I can be fairly sure that if it says a D has Pants-on-Fire or an R told the truth, the fact-checker put bias aside.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2015, 10:10 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
We have 7 years of track record to see that Obama is a liar. I don't need to recount his never-ending list of lies for you. Obama even lied about the details surrounding his mother's death. Who lies about details like that? Barack Obama, that's who.
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Cool news, politifact agrees with you.
Obama's mother fought for disability coverage, not treatment, according to book | PolitiFact

Do you even see the irony here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yea, I know, I read about that lie in PolitiFact.
either you fall in line and agree with right wingers all the time, or you are biased, that is how some on this site feel.

They dont believe they could ever be wrong.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:18 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
I knew PolitiFact leaned left, but I didn't realize it couldn't be trusted anymore. In this political silly season PolitiFact has given up any pretense of being objective.

Check out this article in the NYT. Observe the politicians PolitiFact considers the most honest. Who do you think would be the worst, Ben Carson or Bill Clinton? Check out the top four politicians PolitiFact considers the most honest.

Bookmark this NYT article and break it out every time someone tries to use PolitiFact to criticize someone anymore.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/13/op...hers.html?_r=0
Yea, blatantly false pretense for sure. The fact that all the main players at the top of the truth chain are democrats tells the story.

More than 60% of the country, as whole, believe Billary is a liar. So, this means there are a ton of independents and even dems who do not believe a word she says. The ridiculous notion that Politifact is an apolitical entity has long been dead, and this article only shows they couldn't care less if everyone knows it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
either you fall in line and agree with right wingers all the time, or you are biased, that is how some on this site feel.

They dont believe they could ever be wrong.
OH, and the liberals in here are open minded... right?

I've been called a right wing nut job and a ******* in the very same thread, which shows how many in here don't care to actually digest what is being said.

Extremists on both sides suck equally.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I don't think PF is worthless. Besides offering readers original sources, I can be fairly sure that if it says a D has Pants-on-Fire or an R told the truth, the fact-checker put bias aside.
...and probably demoted to coffee runner

Old 12-17-2015, 10:32 AM

7,736 posts, read 5,514,664 times
^or maybe republicans don't care about the truth

Old 12-17-2015, 10:44 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,327,541 times
This is interesting. People really take sides on this issue, which is unfortunate. Politifact has put itself out there as the final arbiter of truth, but after awhile it's hard not to wonder, whose truth?

"A Wall Street Journal editorial in December 2010 called PolitiFact "part of a larger journalistic trend that seeks to recast all political debates as matters of lies, misinformation and 'facts,' rather than differences of world view or principles." Unfortunately, this is a common political trend, especially on the left, typically when they seek to criminalize political or ideological differences. Just look at the NY attorney general attempting to investigate ExxonMobil over climate change.

Politifact has blown it's cover and can no longer be trusted. The only "truth" they are going to approve is if it came from a Democrat. I realize that thrills many of you here, but it shouldn't. We're just back to the same old slog.

And really folks, Bill Clinton the most honest politician?

Old 12-17-2015, 10:47 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,952,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
^or maybe republicans don't care about the truth
"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinsky."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...ooz2wXpes#t=10

Old 12-17-2015, 11:38 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
This is interesting. People really take sides on this issue, which is unfortunate. Politifact has put itself out there as the final arbiter of truth, but after awhile it's hard not to wonder, whose truth?

"A Wall Street Journal editorial in December 2010 called PolitiFact "part of a larger journalistic trend that seeks to recast all political debates as matters of lies, misinformation and 'facts,' rather than differences of world view or principles." Unfortunately, this is a common political trend, especially on the left, typically when they seek to criminalize political or ideological differences. Just look at the NY attorney general attempting to investigate ExxonMobil over climate change.

Politifact has blown it's cover and can no longer be trusted. The only "truth" they are going to approve is if it came from a Democrat. I realize that thrills many of you here, but it shouldn't. We're just back to the same old slog.

Politifacts has on more than one occasion wrongly ruled that the liberal position was not true when it actually was true.

It's odd that one uses a WSJ editorial as argument material. The WSJ editorial pages are as biased as one can get.

Last edited by MTAtech; 12-17-2015 at 12:00 PM..

Old 12-17-2015, 11:40 AM

7,725 posts, read 12,618,642 times
Quote:

Exactly! I hope all left-wing democrats see this.

Old 12-17-2015, 11:54 AM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Exactly! I hope all left-wing democrats see this.
The only thing we see is people on the right dismissing something because it does not agree with them. Politifact posts why they rule the way they do, its factual. But instead of addressing that, Republicans cry "its biased!".....

sorry but deal with the facts, and the reality of whats being said. If you disagree with politifact, go read their reasoning, and state why. But since all too often that brings up unpleasant truths.....there is this rush to claim bias instead.

the truth though? All too many here dont want the truth. It offends their preconceptions.

Old 12-17-2015, 12:03 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

"I did not have sex with that woman, Monica Lewinsky."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...ooz2wXpes#t=10
And in the same breathe that your side calls Politifact biased and left-wing, you cite an example where Politifact judged "pants on fire."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies