Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 05:48 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times

Advertisements

Nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2015, 08:14 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
When the Liberals make a serious attempt to take away the 1st Amendment and Free Speech, there will be a Civil War.

Old 12-18-2015, 08:18 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
When the Liberals make a serious attempt to take away the 1st Amendment and Free Speech, there will be a Civil War.

I'm thinking that would be more realistic if they tried to do away with the 2nd.

Old 12-18-2015, 08:19 AM

2,798 posts, read 2,677,613 times
Nice troll

Old 12-18-2015, 08:20 AM

30,373 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jew in the town View Post
I think it should be modified, such as certain hate speech/racism/discrimination in public sphere banned as well as "should not favor one religion over another" because why should multiple religions have to be included in public? If it's Passover and we want to put 'Star of David', why must other religious symbols be included, or during Christmas when Nativity scenes goes up, a menorah or satanist/atheist symbols shouldn't have to be included.
Who decides what is 'hate speech?' A Colorado College didn't find hate speech in blacks calling for the death of all whites but a white guy saying black women aren't hot is hate speech. The truth is no one can responsibly determine what is hate speech. For example, I consider what you said as hate speech. Any regulation on speech is a step toward Totalitarianism like the Nazis and Communists and certain Muslim countries that criminalize speech that the Superstition they follow and the Pervert Prophet declared to be illegal.

Old 12-18-2015, 08:52 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Quote:
I think it should be modified, such as certain hate speech/racism/discrimination in public sphere banned as well as "should not favor one religion over another" because why should multiple religions have to be included in public? If it's Passover and we want to put 'Star of David', why must other religious symbols be included, or during Christmas when Nativity scenes goes up, a menorah or satanist/atheist symbols shouldn't have to be included.
You

<---------Exit country stage left

Old 12-18-2015, 09:10 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
This two minute video says that in an hour, 50 signatures were collected. The video featured maybe 10 people who signed. How many said they wouldn't sign it? Is there really no footage of that because it didn't happen or is it because the film maker wanted you to think this brand of extreme political correctness that is generally associated with modern liberalism is out of control on all college campuses (but represented by one)?

Most people are quick to point out media bias on the enemy lines, but put their logic blinders up when they report something they like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles22 View Post
The first amendment doesn't mean what people think it means.
A useless comment unless it comes with an explanation. This makes it sound like you're trying to sound smart but don't actually have anything to say.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:12 AM

1,069 posts, read 712,926 times
Quote:
Slippery slope....example, could a black person stand in a public space and speak to "BLM and Black Pride"? That is not hateful is it? That person would be exercising their 1st amendment right....we agree?

Now....what about a white person standing in a public space speaking to "White Pride"? I am willing to bet many people won't view that in the same light as a black person speaking to black pride. Many people will say racist and KKK....so you want to do away with the White guy speaking about White Pride?

Old 12-18-2015, 09:34 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
I support both the Black and the White guy. Also the Brown guy and the Oriental guy. I even support the women of all these colors getting up on the town square or Twitter or whatever and speaking of their Pride. All of us have a right to speak whatever we please whenever we please.

What we cannot do is verbally threaten. The threat, against an individual or a group of individuals, is an assault and categorically illegal. A person can make a verbal assault but that does make them vulnerable to arrest, trial and punishment.

Old 12-18-2015, 09:42 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
As I said in another, duplicate thread:

Quote:
OK, I watched most of the video again.

Every time he does mention repealing the first amendment, the camera stops. It does not show anyone signing the petition.

Then the camera shows others signing the petition, but we do not hear what he is telling them the petition is for.

Total sham, and I'm amazed that almost everyone on this thread fell for it. It's comical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies